Food and Wine Festival 2017

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Food and Wine Festival 2017

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Sep Mon 04, 2017 2:45 am

(If I missed a topic on this I apologize and please delete this and direct me to the already topic. Sorry about that. I didn't see it)

My wife and I are looking forward to this years Food and Wine Festival. There are many things I'm excited for and a few I'm disappointed about. How do you guys feel and what are you looking forward to. If you've gone, what was the good and bad. I'm a little disappointed in some of the acts this year but I'm looking forward in seeing Post Modern Jukebox, Big Bad Voodoo Daddies, Boyz II Men, Everclear, and dare I admit... taking my wife to see Air Supply :oops:

I'm also disappointed in the special gift offering to Passholders this year. Was it last year passholders got a rather nice collectible wine glass. This year Disney is offering not one but 3 buttons. Buttons??? Not even nice pins, literally those cheap big round buttons that probably cost a dollar to make. How cheap and kind of offensive is this to passholders who are die hard fans and pay the money for the pass and still pay for food and merchandise?

On the other hand I'm excited about trying many of the world foods, including some new additions.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Food and Wine Festival 2017

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 04, 2017 2:33 pm

I like Air Supply ~ that should be a good show!
I believe last year there was a nice wine glass for AP holders. Is that a free gift for them? It does seem like they would offer a nicer pin in lieu of the bigger, cheaper looking buttons. Maybe you get special privileges at booths if you are wearing your AP buttons though so a pin would be too subtle?

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Tue 14, 2018 9:15 am

The only thing that's a bummer about Food and Wine is the crowds. Its crazy crazy crazy busy on a Saturday. Seriously crazy. We will go at least twice that I know of so far, just up from Miami for weekend trips. If you can go to EPCOT on any other day then Saturday, you should be ok.

We always have a great time... especially the music. Super fun, and have never seen a bad show! Have a great time! Maybe I'll see ya!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Aug Tue 14, 2018 10:23 am

Friday nights get a bit crazy as well. Going during the day and mid-week is much more enjoyable!