Universe of Energy closed!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Universe of Energy closed!

Post by horizons1 » Aug Wed 23, 2017 10:28 am

Not sure if this was coincidence or deliberate, but the final ride of Ellen broke down at the dinos and the guests (mostly fans) were allowed to walk around and take video. Seems highly suspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6GXD--yW-Y

While this seems like it'd be fun, I'd be bummed if I also went there to do the final complete ride-through.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 24, 2017 8:56 am

horizons1 wrote:Not sure if this was coincidence or deliberate, but the final ride of Ellen broke down at the dinos and the guests (mostly fans) were allowed to walk around and take video. Seems highly suspect.

While this seems like it'd be fun, I'd be bummed if I also went there to do the final complete ride-through.
I have to agree it would be disappointing not to be able to go through the attraction one more time, but it would have been neat to be able to walk through the dinosaur scene.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Thu 24, 2017 11:05 am

Amy wrote:
horizons1 wrote:Not sure if this was coincidence or deliberate, but the final ride of Ellen broke down at the dinos and the guests (mostly fans) were allowed to walk around and take video. Seems highly suspect.

I have to agree it would be disappointing not to be able to go through the attraction one more time, but it would have been neat to be able to walk through the dinosaur scene.
I would punch that stupid dinosaur. It spit right in my eye once.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Thu 24, 2017 12:59 pm

LOL, cy

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 24, 2017 1:50 pm

cy1229 wrote:I would punch that stupid dinosaur. It spit right in my eye once.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Oct Wed 04, 2017 12:46 pm

cy1229 wrote: I would punch that stupid dinosaur. It spit right in my eye once.
lol cy!

what about the one that dripped its snot on you in the beginning?

aboden

Post by aboden » Dec Sat 23, 2017 1:27 am

I had no idea they were doing this! I've been overseas too long, I'm out of touch what's been going on at WDW.

I agree they need to keep the rides updated and relevant. But I'd rather they came up with original ideas and not just branding rides with current popular movies/characters. They can include them but I think they'd be dated quite quickly. Unlike icons such as Indiana Jones, although now since the the last movie came out. I doubt Harrison Ford will be making anymore. But things like that and Star Wars, Muppets are established long lasting franchises. Guardians won't be a long lasting franchise imo. I had mixed feelings over Frozens addition and even Avatar. But I'm just rambling and how I feel doesn't matter. I'll still enjoy the parks and go. I'll take my wife and kids there and their kids if it happens.

All I have to say and I think us WDW old timers agree, thank god for Martin and his vids! Let us to be able to relive our best extinct rides.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 23, 2017 9:28 am

aboden wrote:I had no idea they were doing this! I've been overseas too long, I'm out of touch what's been going on at WDW.

I agree they need to keep the rides updated and relevant. But I'd rather they came up with original ideas and not just branding rides with current popular movies/characters. They can include them but I think they'd be dated quite quickly. Unlike icons such as Indiana Jones, although now since the the last movie came out. I doubt Harrison Ford will be making anymore. But things like that and Star Wars, Muppets are established long lasting franchises. Guardians won't be a long lasting franchise imo. I had mixed feelings over Frozens addition and even Avatar. But I'm just rambling and how I feel doesn't matter. I'll still enjoy the parks and go. I'll take my wife and kids there and their kids if it happens.

All I have to say and I think us WDW old timers agree, thank god for Martin and his vids! Let us to be able to relive our best extinct rides.
Yes, it is great to be able to hop on youtube and experience the rides through the videos. Not quite the same, but at least they are available!

aboden

Post by aboden » Dec Wed 27, 2017 3:53 am

Amy wrote:Yes, it is great to be able to hop on youtube and experience the rides through the videos. Not quite the same, but at least they are available!
I just downloaded them so i have them on media I can play without an internet connection. I actually bought some from the old old Extinct Attractions website. That guy finally got in trouble, but I had no idea of this site or Martin during that time.

We should try to watch them in a VR headset, might be pretty awesome. Now just if I could get that orange smell from Horizons to spray while watching that one haha.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 27, 2017 7:55 am

aboden wrote:
Amy wrote:...

We should try to watch them in a VR headset, might be pretty awesome. Now just if I could get that orange smell from Horizons to spray while watching that one haha.
That would be pretty cool wouldn't it? As for the orange smell, just have an orange to peel nearby ~ that should do it. Or even an orange tic tac. One of my students had one of those last week and the smell was really strong!

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Dec Thu 28, 2017 11:17 am

aboden wrote: Unlike icons such as Indiana Jones, although now since the the last movie came out. I doubt Harrison Ford will be making anymore.
Oh yeah!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462764/

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Jan Tue 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Amy wrote:
aboden wrote:
Amy wrote:...

That would be pretty cool wouldn't it? As for the orange smell, just have an orange to peel nearby ~ that should do it. Or even an orange tic tac. One of my students had one of those last week and the smell was really strong!
Ha! Ha ha! Now that you mention it, those orange tic tacs are pretty accurate.

There's these very fancy very ridiculous "personal scent" stores here in NYC and my friend and I went into one on a lark. There was a manly scent called MAN or something and I took one whif and said outloud "THE FALL OF ROME".

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 23, 2018 10:27 pm

kelpseaweedkelp wrote:There's these very fancy very ridiculous "personal scent" stores here in NYC and my friend and I went into one on a lark. There was a manly scent called MAN or something and I took one whif and said outloud "THE FALL OF ROME".
Nice!