Epcot's 25th

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Epcot's 25th

Post by AKLRULZ » Sep Sat 17, 2005 7:58 am

What would you like to see done at Epcot for the 25th anniversary in 2007?

I would love to see a huge overhaul of World Showcase! Add some attractions (not necessarily thrill rides) maybe a new pavillion even. Future World has had a lot of attention lately - time to move to the back of the park!

Thoughts or ideas?

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Sep Sat 17, 2005 7:31 pm

I agree AKLRULZ. Let's move on! I don't know building it is, but there is one building that is really big, and there is nothing in it. I think sometimes they have art shows in it. I'd like to see big artwork or photos of the building of EPCOT, and the various areas. I'd also like to see photos of old rides now missing in this exhibit.

Maybe a big parade with all the countries celeberating the 25th anniversary! I'd also like to Dream Finder return!

Blackie Pueblo

jpsevil
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by jpsevil » Sep Sat 17, 2005 9:04 pm

I'd also love to see some new countries at World Showcase. I'm really not sure about the space issues, though. I'd love to see them take down the Outpost area and put something more substantial there, if there is space.

It would also be nice to see a replacement/rehaul of the Wonders of Life pavilion...but I'm not holding my breath!

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Sep Sat 17, 2005 9:29 pm

Gimme my classic rides back! Bring back the original Imagination - dump Eric Idle already and bring back Dream Finder! That would be the ultimate thing - if they could bring just that back I'd be happy. Would be even happier if they also brought back Horizons and WoM but can't be greedy. Put one where WoL is/was... But that would be like admitting they were wrong to replace it and we can't have that now can we?

Agreed on WS - maybe add another ride or two. Not thrill rides - unless it was Soarin related - another idea would be to have Soarin over WS, go to highlights of each country.
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Mon 19, 2005 10:42 am

More boat rides! El Rio and Maelstrom are lonely!
~Steve

Cratster15

Post by Cratster15 » Sep Mon 19, 2005 11:39 am

i agree with the fact that there needs to be more put in to world showcase and that wonders of life needs to either be redone or torn down and something new put there. the only other thing that i think would be interestign would be if they made some video changes to mission space, after you ride enough times you kinda want something else.

CDAbleson
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by CDAbleson » Sep Tue 20, 2005 7:05 am

I would love to see more in WS.....Also, Horizons/WoL area needs help......Just don't paint Spaceship Earth pink......remember 1998! :lol:

rick2vick

Post by rick2vick » Sep Wed 21, 2005 9:07 am

There's no doubt that EPCOT has had some really good music over the years. My first visit there was on the return trip from college spring break in '83. My roommate and I were humming the music the rest of the way back to school in Ohio. We really liked "Feel the Flow" (and I still do). Unfortunately, we didn't know the title, or many of the words. I was very pleased when I found it on Subsonic.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Wed 21, 2005 11:39 am

How about free food samples for everyone! Just keep putting on fake moustaches and going back for more!!
~Steve

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Fantasrick » Sep Wed 21, 2005 5:10 pm

I think a nice new circlevision film would be nice to commemorate EPCOT's 25th anniversary.

Blackie Pueblo

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Sep Thu 22, 2005 4:53 am

rickeinstein, that's not a real bad idea. It would be neat to sit through a circle vision movie, maybe showing clips from the building of EPCOT. Walt talking about it, maybe opening day clips. A quick tour of the old Epcot, and then ending with a dramatic song, and various clips of old rides, old events, old parades etc...

Heck, why don't we the disney fans come up with the events and send them to Disney. We might just come up with ideas better than they might come up with! :lol:

Blackie Pueblo

stev02
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by stev02 » Sep Thu 22, 2005 8:25 am

I'm thinking about adding Stevoland to the pavilion. :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.d-cot.com][img]http://www.d-cot.com/images/d-cot_button.png[/img][/url]

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Sep Thu 22, 2005 8:30 am

Ok, what would be the main attraction to Steveoland?

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Sep Thu 22, 2005 8:46 am

bdinger wrote: Aside from attractions, I'd love to see them release some special music CDs like they did for Disneyland's 50th. I'd love to get a lot of the rare and unreleased Epcot music that is played here on Subsonic Radio in an "official" CD form.
I'd love it if they released a special 25th Anniversary CD of Epcot Music! :mrgreen:

I'd LOVE to see them bring back something really special, like the Tapestry of Nations Parade. I just loved that parade, and miss it dearly! :cry:

stev02
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by stev02 » Sep Fri 23, 2005 8:45 am

MouseMan wrote:Ok, what would be the main attraction to Steveoland?
It would be a trip around my head and you can see all the different types of brain activity. It would essentially be Wonders of Life revamped. :lol: