EPCOT Festival of Nations Parade

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

EPCOT Festival of Nations Parade

Post by cousininmiami » Mar Tue 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Who remembers the Festival of Nations evening parade in EPCOT? I really miss this! It had some great music, entertainers, some small floats I think, and lots of stilt wakers like giant puppets.

I think Epcot really needs something like this again. I remember it being really nice to enjoy an adult grape juice and a snack watching the parade and waiting for Illuminations. Did you like it too?
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: EPCOT Festival of Nations Parade

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 21, 2017 5:39 pm

we saw it either once or twice. They did have some really neat floats and performers in that parade. And I loved the music. It would be nice if they had something like that again. I wonder if it would be difficult because everything is more crowded now with all the food festivals around the world showcase though?

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: EPCOT Festival of Nations Parade

Post by cy1229 » Mar Wed 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Is that the thing where the children could join in with their masks that they had decorated and embellished at all the Kidstops in the World Showcase? If so, then YES. It was a lot of fun. It would be nice if something like that was brought back, but I'm having a hard time imagining how they'd pull it off. Wine and Food, Flower and Garden, and Candlelight Processional are all super busy times - and the rest of the year isn't exactly dead.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016