WISHES

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

ambrmk108
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

WISHES

Post by ambrmk108 » Mar Thu 02, 2017 9:21 am

I'm trying to be open-minded about this, but I can't help to say that I'm pretty sad about WISHES going away! I think change is good, but at the same time I absolutely love this firework show and look forward to watching it each trip. I think what makes this more upsetting for me personally is the last show for WISHES is May 11th (or at least that's what I heard last) and my husband and I check into the Caribbean Beach May 13th, so we're going to miss it by a few days. :cry: :cry:

I was just curious to hear how everyone else felt about WISHES going away. Thoughts? Opinions?

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: WISHES

Post by cy1229 » Mar Thu 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Oh no! Two days! Bummer! I like Wishes, too, but I have to tell you... after seeing Disneyland Forever at DLR for the 60th, I know whatever they do instead of Wishes will be really good. There are so many things they can do with projections and such that I think you will be happy with whatever they bring in to replace it.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Mar Fri 03, 2017 11:07 am

I will miss Wishes too. I cried every single time I watched it! Something about the little girl singing make wishes come true, got me every time.

I sure hope whatever they replace it with will be as good or better.
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

ambrmk108

Post by ambrmk108 » Mar Thu 16, 2017 12:55 pm

cy1229 wrote:Oh no! Two days! Bummer! I like Wishes, too, but I have to tell you... after seeing Disneyland Forever at DLR for the 60th, I know whatever they do instead of Wishes will be really good. There are so many things they can do with projections and such that I think you will be happy with whatever they bring in to replace it.
I really do hope the new show is good!

ambrmk108

Post by ambrmk108 » Mar Thu 16, 2017 12:56 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I will miss Wishes too. I cried every single time I watched it! Something about the little girl singing make wishes come true, got me every time.

I sure hope whatever they replace it with will be as good or better.
Oh my goodness, me too!! I have the album on my phone and I listen to it from time-to-time and even tear up listening to it! I agree with you, I hope what they replace it with will be as good.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Mar Tue 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Has anyone been to see the newest version of the fireworks at Magic Kingdom? I'm going in a month to WDW, but probably will only be going to EPCOT this trip.

One of my favorite bands, Electric Light Orchestra "The Orchestra" will be at Epcot that weekend and I plan on seeing every show on Friday and Saturday nights! So just a weekender for us, drive Friday afternoon, back on Sunday...

Does anyone else plan vacations based on who is singing at Epcot? We do for sure! As soon as they announce the Flower and Garden Line-up, the Summer Concert Series and the Food and Wine Line-up is how we plan our trips.

We have seen so many of our favorite bands that it's too numerous to count! Some like Electric Light Orchestra I never ever miss!!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Wed 22, 2017 7:36 pm

I saw that the Disney Parks Blog is going to live stream Wishes tomorrow night (Thursday 3/23/17) at 8:55pm EDT. I plan on watching since it will be the last time we will be able to see it.

However, I agree with cy1229...whatever replaces it will likely blow Wishes out of the water. I imagine Steve Davison will be at the helm of the design team once again, and his work is FANTASTIC! (Disneyland Forever, Festival of Fantasy parade, Paint the Night Parade, World of Color...among many others around the world too)

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » May Tue 16, 2017 12:23 pm

For anyone who wants to see the new show, Happily Ever After, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwy71dBcwDw