Housekeeping Issues

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Housekeeping Issues

Post by NaCler » Jan Sat 28, 2017 5:24 pm

This is one I was scared to post, knowing the stories that may come (yes, I'm looking at YOU Wizzard!). But, it appears as though the level of upkeep in the rooms is waning a tad. Here's a story from WDWNT.com: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/01/housekeep ... e-quality/

So, changes are a coming, but meanwhile, let us know of any Housekeeping issues you may have encountered recently. But keep them clean, even though Disney didn't (cue rim-shot).

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Housekeeping Issues

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sat 28, 2017 5:32 pm

This is what happens when operating costs continue to rise and you have to be a volume business (this is the same reason why domestic parks days are numbered).

Having to do more with less is the only choice.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 29, 2017 1:14 am

The last few trips we did have some problems with room cleanliness. More so at the All Star resort than at the last trip at POR. Little things like the room had obviously not been vacuumed, the bathrooms weren't as clean as you would expect, and sheets weren't changed, even when they had been requested to have been done. There also were some problems with a non-working fridge (replaced with the old one drug out of the room by the cord :roll: and a bathroom fan that sounded like it was crunching through it's own bolts and screws. That, if I recall correctly, was replaced, but after a day or two. Definitely in the category of declining by degrees :(

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jan Sun 29, 2017 3:27 pm

The last time I was on property, we stayed at Pop Century, our favorite of the Values. When we walked in the door, you could hear the A/C knocking and rather loudly and with a consistent beat. It was one of those where you can't imagine how anyone could have made up the room and not have heard it. We called the front office and they said that they could hear it over the phone. I know I was in a Value resort, but at Disney, it's expected to be better.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 29, 2017 4:21 pm

NaCler wrote:The last time I was on property, we stayed at Pop Century, our favorite of the Values. When we walked in the door, you could hear the A/C knocking and rather loudly and with a consistent beat. It was one of those where you can't imagine how anyone could have made up the room and not have heard it. We called the front office and they said that they could hear it over the phone. I know I was in a Value resort, but at Disney, it's expected to be better.
Did they fix it or move you to another room? Yeah, that is pretty bad for it not to have been reported.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sun 29, 2017 4:28 pm

I suspect the reason for this was either the electric whips (if your time/room slips too far it may mean dismissal) or they literally have no tools to report it.

Other thing could be they are wearing headphones while working (since it is a dull job).

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jan Sun 29, 2017 9:12 pm

We told them that we were going to a park and that they could fix it while we were out. We came back and it was fine.

Wizz - I figured they were probably wearing earbuds, but I'm serious, it was pretty loud and I would think you could still hear it. Does anyone know if there is a policy with housekeepers listening to music while they clean? I don't think I've seen anyone at Disney wearing them.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sun 29, 2017 9:24 pm

No idea, considering that you are in the park and what is written isn't the same as what is followed. They say we aren't supposed to drink on the job but I've yet to see anyone tell me to turn in my badge and gun. :D

With these services, which are regarded as pure cost, they put them on such tight schedules to get through a room and have presumably cut back staff to the bare minimum, they may only hit a few things and dash to the next room.