All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Villains Club at HS

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Sun 06, 2016 9:00 am

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dinin ... b-villain/

Just wanted to let everyone take a peek into this new dining event that my girlfriend and I had the opportunity to attend on it's opening night in January. The Villains Club is dinner and a show. Let me explain. We arrived to HS prior to our ticketed times and showed the security, back near RnR, our tickets for the event. He told us to come back in a little bit when the doors would be open, so at the time my girlfriend and I went off to try one of the new Star Wars beverages at the Backlot Express (awesome!) Afterwards we walked back to RnR and the gate for Villains and got to head inside their queue area. The waiting area, just beyond the wall, right out front of where the event was being hosted was set up so we could walk up and find a table to stand at...No chairs, just some tables for us to chill at while waitresses came around and offered complimentary champagne. Yes you read that right. Free booze! After two or three glasses, security and the various hosts and hostesses informed us that the Villains Club was now open and that we could head inside. Off like a herd of turtles we went.

And that's when this whole event really enveloped you with Disney magic. The first thing you see heading into the event is an enormous, sparkling poison apple disco ball hanging in the center from the ceiling. The room, about the size of a highschool gym, was colored with purple and greens... really cool projections on the walls and a fantastic DJ set up at the front of the room. Wow. Now during this whole time of oogling and drooling we had to find our table, which was shared with two other people and their 3 year old.....Yeah, to be quite frank, I was kind of surprised kids were allowed into this.....but I digress.

So now let me kind of describe the layout of this room....it was pretty rad. The event centered around a few main villains. Cruella, The Evil Queen, The Queen of Hearts and Malefecent. Dr. Facilier was present as well and presented the villains to everyone as they made their way out into the room, with pretty good musical numbers mind you! Ok, back to the villains, each one had trolley's of food adjacent to where their visiting booths were (you were each given allotted times to visit each villain and have your photo with them) and each dish was themed around that villain. Yum! I think my favorite part, as far as the food and drink were concerned...were the drinks! Each beverage was themed to each villain as well. I would actually highly recommend the drink fashioned around Cruella DeVille. It's like a white russian with black tapioca balls in it to resemble a dalmation. Fantastic. Oh yeah, everything was complimentary and completely worth every penny. There was live music, both DJ'd and musical numbers by the villains, and the overall theming for the event was top notch.

Overall I would legitimately give this dinner show a 10/10. Seriously. It was that good. The only thing I would recommend to Disney is please keep this a 21+ event......the young kids running around at 11pm wasn't really doing it for me.... BUT that's hardly something to complain about considering the amazing experience my girlfriend and I shared at this. If you have the chance to go to this, do it.

Here's a link to a few of my photos. Didn't take a lot due to the fact I was just trying to take everything in...
http://imgur.com/a/O8Gsv
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Villains Club at HS

Post by horizons1 » Mar Sun 06, 2016 10:50 am

Wow, that sounds like a pretty unique event.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 06, 2016 12:13 pm

I actually just read a blog post on the Villains Club ~ looks like a really well organized event and a great way to meet some of the villains. I was a bit taken aback by the ticket price, but I imagine if you take full advantage of the drinks it is probably worthwhile. Can you have whatever you want while you are in there? No drink tickets of any kind?
The blog post I read was from a Mom and her 7 year old daughter. Their party time was 7:45 and she mentioned that there were a few other children there, but none as young as what you mentioned. I would think that with all the adult beverages they would have a 21+ policy, but I suppose if parents are willing to pay the ticket price, that isn't going to change.
Off to look at your photos :D Nice pictures ~ I can see more where the apple was a disco ball now ~ the other blog post never really had a very good photo of it.
Last edited by Amy on Mar Sun 06, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Sun 06, 2016 1:01 pm

Gina and I would both agree that the ticket price is completely worth the experience. All you can eat, all you can drink AND photos with the villains in a room-to-die-for? Oohh yes. Also leaving the park when no one else is in it is a really cool experience as well. I reckon I'll never see Hollywood that empty ever again!

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Sat 02, 2016 8:22 am

for those of you visiting the World in the next month, Disney just discounted the tickets for the event from $129 to $99. Great deal if you ask me.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/club-vil ... nd-may.htm

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 02, 2016 10:48 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:for those of you visiting the World in the next month, Disney just discounted the tickets for the event from $129 to $99. Great deal if you ask me.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/club-vil ... nd-may.htm
Only for Annual Passholders and DVC members though. $99 seems more in line with what I would expect to pay for an event like this though.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Tue 05, 2016 11:43 am

Sounds like a great event, but so expensive! I don't think it's for us.