Pirates of Caribbean Update - Any Info?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Pirates of Caribbean Update - Any Info?

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Mon 21, 2016 8:29 pm

Nope, I thought that was known already. They had skeletons on the shore though. Compared to other effects, it wasn't expensive, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was either bleeding light or the bulb burnt out and they didn't care.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Tue 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Nope, I thought that was known already. They had skeletons on the shore though. Compared to other effects, it wasn't expensive, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was either bleeding light or the bulb burnt out and they didn't care.
I wonder, also, if there were multiple devices dropped in the water, trying to film or photograph them.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Mar Thu 24, 2016 7:07 am

I liked the mermaid projections in the water. :( Very disappointed that they are gone.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Wed 30, 2016 7:30 am

based on what I just read on WDWNT.com, it sounds like Disney's a little tight on cash, so my guess is what was stated above. It cost too much.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » May Wed 04, 2016 2:51 pm

sfein wrote:Last time I went to WDW, PoC was under refurbishment. Does anyone know what was done? I may have the chance to go back again soon and was wondering what was updated. I had heard that people were getting wet, I was hoping that was fixed.

Appreciate any info.
Hopefully they got rid of the entire "kidnapped women for sale" scene! :? :shock:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » May Wed 04, 2016 3:18 pm

kelpseaweedkelp wrote:
sfein wrote:Last time I went to WDW, PoC was under refurbishment. Does anyone know what was done? I may have the chance to go back again soon and was wondering what was updated. I had heard that people were getting wet, I was hoping that was fixed.

Appreciate any info.
Hopefully they got rid of the entire "kidnapped women for sale" scene! :? :shock:
:lol: don't hold your breath. Yeah, when ya think about it, that's really not a good thing. :shock:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » May Thu 05, 2016 8:15 am

cy1229 wrote:
kelpseaweedkelp wrote:

Appreciate any info.
:lol: don't hold your breath. Yeah, when ya think about it, that's really not a good thing. :shock:
Because we all know pirates are just a bunch of jovial men who want to have fun.

Here are the things they do on the attraction:
- shoot at each other with guns and cannons
- kidnap and sell women (we know what for)
- drown a man in front of his wife
- steal food and belongings
- get drunk
- burn a town
- steal the town's treasures (gold/jewelry/etc)

They do all these things while singing about how happy they are to be doing them.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » May Thu 05, 2016 8:37 am

We could get pretty analytical and find reasons to eliminate aspects of every attraction in Disneyland or WDW. Ariel disobeys her father, gets into a heap of trouble, and instead of being grounded for 47364658 years gets what she wanted. Gaston is a really, really bad dude who bullies everyone around him into giving or doing what he wants. Brer Rabbit plays a pretty mean trick on Brer Fox and Brer Bear. The queen in Snow White hires a hit an against her own stepdaughter. Cinderella's stepmother engages in barely veiled slavery. The macaws in the Tiki Room insult the snot out of each other, but that ok, because they're joking. And so on and so on and so on...

My point is we can either just enjoy the attraction and the movies that have come about or we can not go. And, given how pricing has gone, not going us probably my option for awhile.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » May Thu 05, 2016 9:53 am

cy1229 wrote:We could get pretty analytical and find reasons to eliminate aspects of every attraction in Disneyland or WDW. Ariel disobeys her father, gets into a heap of trouble, and instead of being grounded for 47364658 years gets what she wanted. Gaston is a really, really bad dude who bullies everyone around him into giving or doing what he wants. Brer Rabbit plays a pretty mean trick on Brer Fox and Brer Bear. The queen in Snow White hires a hit an against her own stepdaughter. Cinderella's stepmother engages in barely veiled slavery. The macaws in the Tiki Room insult the snot out of each other, but that ok, because they're joking. And so on and so on and so on...

My point is we can either just enjoy the attraction and the movies that have come about or we can not go. And, given how pricing has gone, not going us probably my option for awhile.
:goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » May Thu 05, 2016 11:38 am

theBIGyowski wrote:
cy1229 wrote:We could get pretty analytical and find reasons to eliminate aspects of every attraction in Disneyland or WDW. Ariel disobeys her father, gets into a heap of trouble, and instead of being grounded for 47364658 years gets what she wanted. Gaston is a really, really bad dude who bullies everyone around him into giving or doing what he wants. Brer Rabbit plays a pretty mean trick on Brer Fox and Brer Bear. The queen in Snow White hires a hit an against her own stepdaughter. Cinderella's stepmother engages in barely veiled slavery. The macaws in the Tiki Room insult the snot out of each other, but that ok, because they're joking. And so on and so on and so on...

:goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:

All true and especially seeing all these things w my young nephews I'm like, gah! However....given they keep redoing POTC...I think the example of selling kidnapped and enslaved women into sex slavery, as seen on a world famous kids ride in 2016!.....might be time to get rid of that one, if they are going to keep updating anyways. its a bit.....unjustifiable

We wants the redhead