Online dining reservation system question.

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

dwellsbct
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Online dining reservation system question.

Post by dwellsbct » Dec Fri 04, 2015 10:36 am

Why does the online dining reservation system allow you to make reservations for a restaurant during a special event without warning you that it is not during normal operating hours?
I was in the process of making a reservation for dinner at Be Our Guest and I was presented with one time option and my DW asked how does that time compare to the fireworks show? S0 I click over to the park schedule to find out that MK closes at 7pm for Mickeys Christmas and the dining reservation that I was given was for 8:30pm.
I think the system should advise you of this conflict. I would have been PO'd to be at the park only to find out I couldn't stay for dinner and be out $20 advance dining fee.
:goofy:
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
W.Disney

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Online dining reservation system question.

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 04, 2015 7:21 pm

dwellsbct wrote:Why does the online dining reservation system allow you to make reservations for a restaurant during a special event without warning you that it is not during normal operating hours?
I was in the process of making a reservation for dinner at Be Our Guest and I was presented with one time option and my DW asked how does that time compare to the fireworks show? S0 I click over to the park schedule to find out that MK closes at 7pm for Mickeys Christmas and the dining reservation that I was given was for 8:30pm.
I think the system should advise you of this conflict. I would have been PO'd to be at the park only to find out I couldn't stay for dinner and be out $20 advance dining fee.
:goofy:
I wonder if you could still dine, but you just couldn't ride any attractions in between closing and your dining reservation. That is an interesting question though ~ might be worth a call to the reservations line to ask!