Magic Bands and Fast Passes

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Magic Bands and Fast Passes

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 01, 2015 7:01 am

Not sure if I've seen this question asked/answered anywhere before, so I will give it a try here: Can you use someone else's magic band to utilize a FP? For example, if I make a FP selection for both Figment and me on Expedition Everest. And then Figment changes her mind and doesn't want to go (humor me), can I go during the FP window and ride, and if there is still time, use Figment's MB and her FP?

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Magic Bands and Fast Passes

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Tue 01, 2015 9:24 am

Yes Absolutely. We rode Space Mountain 4x in a row once because some peeps in our party bailed out. We used their MB and got off and got right back on...
The CM recognized us by the 3rd time and didn't say anything :lol:

If he said anything I was just going to tell him exactly what happened and that I didn't want them to go to waste....

I don't know if its "against the rules" or anything, but yes it will work.
Its funny when you use it and it says a (in my case) female name...but most times they (CMs) aren't even looking at that screen--they are too busy managing the chaos. :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 01, 2015 2:45 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Yes Absolutely. We rode Space Mountain 4x in a row once because some peeps in our party bailed out. We used their MB and got off and got right back on...
The CM recognized us by the 3rd time and didn't say anything :lol:

If he said anything I was just going to tell him exactly what happened and that I didn't want them to go to waste....

I don't know if its "against the rules" or anything, but yes it will work.
Its funny when you use it and it says a (in my case) female name...but most times they (CMs) aren't even looking at that screen--they are too busy managing the chaos. :)
Yay ~ thanks for the info :)

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Tue 01, 2015 10:17 pm

I would imagine it is officially against the rules, since the band is a ticket and they have explicit language about how they are non-transferable. So try it, but if someone tries to stop you, just let it go and don't be a dick about it or you may end up getting kicked out.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 02, 2015 7:59 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I would imagine it is officially against the rules, since the band is a ticket and they have explicit language about how they are non-transferable. So try it, but if someone tries to stop you, just let it go and don't be a dick about it or you may end up getting kicked out.
:lol: :lol: :lol: have you met me? I can barely say confrontation, much less actually try it! ;)

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Dec Wed 02, 2015 9:50 am

I think Wizzard419 is right, it's officially against the rules since they are not transferable, but, the biometrics are only at the entrance, which I think is the main concern with transferring tickets. I haven't seen an ID check in the fast past lines, just at the front gates (or PINs when purchasing stuff). I'd say for fast pass purposes, you should be OK.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 02, 2015 10:29 am

Alacrity wrote:I think Wizzard419 is right, it's officially against the rules since they are not transferable, but, the biometrics are only at the entrance, which I think is the main concern with transferring tickets. I haven't seen an ID check in the fast past lines, just at the front gates (or PINs when purchasing stuff). I'd say for fast pass purposes, you should be OK.
Do they still have the finger biometric at the front? In conjunction with the Magic Bands? Yeah, I'm thinking it may or may not happen, but I was curious about the FP because of how people used to be able to hand off the paper FP. Not that you would hand off your Magic Band to someone, but in your own party...sure.

Alacrity

Post by Alacrity » Dec Wed 02, 2015 11:08 am

Yup, scan the band and finger print.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 02, 2015 11:33 am

Alacrity wrote:Yup, scan the band and finger print.
Hmmm, would have thought the biometrics would have gone away with the introduction of the Magic Bands. I suppose it makes sense as there isn't really anything identifying the MB. Those biometric scanners don't seem to work most of the time anyhow.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Thu 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Nope, until they have a means of locking a pass to a person, they need a way to prevent people from buying a single ticket and splitting it. It actually would be quite easy if you have three people, one stays in one brings out two tickets, brings in a third person for the price of two.

Just double checked the FP in my wallet, and on the back it is noted they are nontransferable. Presumably that rule applies to WDW as well...

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Dec Fri 04, 2015 10:36 am

Wizzard419 wrote:...

Just double checked the FP in my wallet, and on the back it is noted they are nontransferable. Presumably that rule applies to WDW as well...
Ok this made me chuckle a little. Do you often have a FP in your wallet? :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Fri 04, 2015 10:06 pm

I rarely get FPs, but I was going to go to WoC with a coworker one night but had to drop out so it remained in my wallet.