Park hours

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Park hours

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 19, 2015 2:14 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a complete schedule of park hours? I'm sure in the past I was able to pull something up and have a calendar view of all the parks, the operating hours, fireworks schedules, EMH etc. It seems like the official WDW site is just more confusing than ever with everything listed, including character meet and greets, which I don't really care about when trying to figure out which parks are going to be for which days so I can make a few FP and try to get the only two reservations for meals that we are looking for ~ Via Napoli and Be Our Guest. There is a button to click for fireworks, parades, etc., but I only found that once on one of the pages :shock: Ugh, never have I been this frustrated with the WDW site!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Park hours

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 19, 2015 2:16 pm

I've slogged through a few more pages/dates and found the parks are closing pretty early most evenings during the week. Is that something new? Are there more ticketed events I don't know about? Why would EPCOT close at 9:30??

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Found this ~ https://media.disneywebcontent.com/Stat ... cember.pdf ~ but it hasn't been updated since 10/16. Think it is still fairly accurate?
And when it includes this info for a park ~ Parade - Dark. That would simply mean there is no parade correct? Not that there is a parade at dark "time"?

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Nov Thu 19, 2015 3:16 pm

I get 'em off of the WDW site itself (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/. This looks to be just he hours and EMH. Clicking on the entries takes you to the big lost of stuff going on.) or http://allears.net: menu on top/Walt Disney World/Planning/Park Operating Hours.

There is also info on EMH and events and closures.

(Actually, I just clicked though allears and it looks like they are linking to the Disney calendar link too. Must have been difficult to keep up!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 19, 2015 8:18 pm

Alacrity wrote:I get 'em off of the WDW site itself (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/. This looks to be just he hours and EMH. Clicking on the entries takes you to the big lost of stuff going on.) or http://allears.net: menu on top/Walt Disney World/Planning/Park Operating Hours.

There is also info on EMH and events and closures.

(Actually, I just clicked though allears and it looks like they are linking to the Disney calendar link too. Must have been difficult to keep up!)
Thanks ~ I think I'll go ahead and verify the info that I found with the official parks site then although it looks like it is lining up anyhow. I'm just surprised at how early the parks are closing. I understand the early closing for the MK with the Mickey's Christmas party ticketed event, but I don't remember EPCOT closing so early. More sleep for us I guess ~ or more shopping time at Downtown Disney ;) :lol:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Fri 20, 2015 12:30 am

Amy wrote:I've slogged through a few more pages/dates and found the parks are closing pretty early most evenings during the week. Is that something new? Are there more ticketed events I don't know about? Why would EPCOT close at 9:30??
More context is needed, what day are you looking at?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 20, 2015 7:50 am

Wizzard419 wrote:
Amy wrote:I've slogged through a few more pages/dates and found the parks are closing pretty early most evenings during the week. Is that something new? Are there more ticketed events I don't know about? Why would EPCOT close at 9:30??
More context is needed, what day are you looking at?
It closes at 9:30 every day from 12/7 - 12/15 ~ EPCOT does have EMH from 9:30 - 11:30 pm on Th 12/10, but that's it. Illuminations is each night right at park close as 9:30, so maybe that is it? By the time the show plays out, and they empty out the guests it probably is pushing 11. I just thought it used to stay open later :(

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Nov Fri 20, 2015 11:04 am

Epcot normally closes at 9 with Illuminations starting then. Being open until 930 is a bonus. EMH at Epcot used to be on Friday nights but they seem to be moving it around a bit.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Nov Fri 20, 2015 11:09 am

Amy, have you tried TouringPlans.com's crowd calendar? They only show one month without a subscription, but you get crowd levels and hours and you can click a date to drill down to parade and show times.

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-wor ... d-calendar
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 20, 2015 7:52 pm

horizons1 wrote:Epcot normally closes at 9 with Illuminations starting then. Being open until 930 is a bonus. EMH at Epcot used to be on Friday nights but they seem to be moving it around a bit.
They generally close at 9 ~ hmmm, guess I always thought it was later.
horizons1 wrote:Amy, have you tried TouringPlans.com's crowd calendar? They only show one month without a subscription, but you get crowd levels and hours and you can click a date to drill down to parade and show times.

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-wor ... d-calendar
I haven't as I don't have a subscription, but I'll go check what I can see for free ~ thanks :)

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Nov Sat 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Amy, looks like your getting there when we are leaving 11/30 - 12/7.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Boilerdude wrote:Amy, looks like your getting there when we are leaving 11/30 - 12/7.
You're alive!!! Sorry to be missing you at WDW though ~ do you leave early on 12/7? We arrive around 1 at Orlando, so probably not to the resort until 2.

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Nov Sun 22, 2015 11:49 am

Yes, alive and well. We are leaving around noon, its a bummer we will not get to meet up.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Boilerdude wrote:Yes, alive and well. We are leaving around noon, its a bummer we will not get to meet up.
Glad to hear you're doing well ~ sorry we will miss you this time. Maybe next! Or a meet-up in Chicago someday :D
Will Mousekedude be there when you are? I miss them too :(

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Nov Mon 23, 2015 9:09 am

No, they will not. I believe they just got back from a Disney cruise.

And yes, perhaps a Chicago or South Bend meet up :D