Food and Wine Festival 20 Years

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Tiger87
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Food and Wine Festival 20 Years

Post by Tiger87 » Oct Thu 08, 2015 11:14 am

20 years and still going. What is your favorite year? Your most memorable moment? Which is your favorite country? What chefs have you seen? Favorite food and drink?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Food and Wine Festival 20 Years

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 08, 2015 11:59 am

Still waiting to make it there during this time unfortunately ~ so many things look yummy though!

Tiger87

Post by Tiger87 » Oct Thu 08, 2015 1:17 pm

We always have gone for the Not So Scary Halloween Party and fortunately Food and Wine is going on at the same time..I've never seen the Showcase without it

Captainnobeard
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by Captainnobeard » Oct Thu 08, 2015 8:31 pm

we've hit Food and Wine many times, often booking during it specifically just to enjoy the special treats. we were there in 2007 i believe and i fell in love with the dessert at the france kiosk. it was a layered sorbet, white chocolate sorbet on the bottom, raspberry sorbet in the middle and champagne sorbet on top. i lost track of how many of those i ate over the week we were in WDW that trip.

otherwise, i never miss getting the spanikopita at Greece, i just love it :)

Tiger87

Post by Tiger87 » Oct Fri 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Captainnobeard wrote:we've hit Food and Wine many times, often booking during it specifically just to enjoy the special treats. we were there in 2007 i believe and i fell in love with the dessert at the france kiosk. it was a layered sorbet, white chocolate sorbet on the bottom, raspberry sorbet in the middle and champagne sorbet on top. i lost track of how many of those i ate over the week we were in WDW that trip.

otherwise, i never miss getting the spanikopita at Greece, i just love it :)
Ever realize at home when you are out..you can never get tasty an beautiful desserts like you can at Disney...your perfectly executed description :D just made me hungry for a treat and I'm definitely not close enough to just go get one.But I found two new ones to try my next visit.. Thanks :mickey:

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Oct Mon 12, 2015 12:49 pm

This year was only my second F&W festival. And it poured down almost all day we were there. We were thoroughly soaked by 4 and left early instead of sticking around for Illuminations. We were gonna go back, but the rain never let up so we stayed in our room and enjoyed the air conditioning.

But we did enjoy the foods we had (did half the international loop plus some of the future world booths) and we had a great time at the cooking demo by Chef Moises Flores from the Mexico pavilion. We used almost all 14 of our dining plan snack credits. Would have used them all if we had stayed.

Highlights include: the potato & leek waffle (amazingly delicious) from Belgium (my favorite), the pork belly from Brazil (my bro's fave and my runner-up), the filet from Le Cellier, the Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel...
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs