What do you like collecting when at the parks?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: What do you like collecting when at the parks?

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 14, 2016 1:29 pm

zhoover wrote:
figmentaholic wrote:Figment, Figment, and more Figment.

Seriously, anything with Figment on it, including pins. I figure I have about 100 Figment pins.
The new March Magic logo shirt with Figment on it is pretty cool-looking! I love the designs they come up with each year.
Oh, that is cute. I'd never heard of these before this year.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Mar Wed 16, 2016 10:20 am

We collect maps too. And my daughter always has to get a Mickey plush with the year on it and I get a shot glass (oops I mean toothpick holder! Disney doesn't sell shot glasses) with the year on it.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Mar Wed 16, 2016 1:40 pm

I like to collect Disney drink-ware. Mostly coffee mugs. :-) I have a few travel mugs as well. And of course last trip I was able to get all four of the starbucks disney mugs from each of the parks as well as the Starbucks Disney tumbler for cold drinks!! I only allow Disney mugs in my kitchen. :-)

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Mar Wed 30, 2016 9:21 am

I collect attraction mugs. I have at least one from every park and am now working on one from every land in MK. My latest score: Splash Mountain - FINALLY! I'd been looking for a good Splash mug for years. The one they just came out with is beautiful, too. Rounded white mug with the logo on it plus Brer Rabbit and Zippedy-Doo-Dah on the handle

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 30, 2016 11:09 am

momeja wrote:I collect attraction mugs. I have at least one from every park and am now working on one from every land in MK. My latest score: Splash Mountain - FINALLY! I'd been looking for a good Splash mug for years. The one they just came out with is beautiful, too. Rounded white mug with the logo on it plus Brer Rabbit and Zippedy-Doo-Dah on the handle
Sounds nice ~ do you have them on display or do you have them in the cupboard and use them?

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Wed 30, 2016 1:48 pm

If you like mugs.....Do yourself a favor and go to Trader Sam's at the Polynesian. The mugs they have there are fantastic. Picked myself up a Nautilus mug.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

momeja

Post by momeja » Mar Wed 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Amy, I use them. I probably shouldn't but I do. Every day. And I choose them to fit my mood, too. Is the sun shining? Then it's a Zippety-doo-dah day. Middle of winter: time for my first (and favorite) mug: Expedition Everest. Bad day ahead: I can weather it with my Pirates mug. Yo ho!
TikiTikiRoom wrote:If you like mugs.....Do yourself a favor and go to Trader Sam's at the Polynesian. The mugs they have there are fantastic. Picked myself up a Nautilus mug.
Nice! I'll have to go and look for one the next time we go.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 30, 2016 8:13 pm

momeja wrote:Amy, I use them. I probably shouldn't but I do. Every day. And I choose them to fit my mood, too. Is the sun shining? Then it's a Zippety-doo-dah day. Middle of winter: time for my first (and favorite) mug: Expedition Everest. Bad day ahead: I can weather it with my Pirates mug. Yo ho!
TikiTikiRoom wrote:If you like mugs.....Do yourself a favor and go to Trader Sam's at the Polynesian. The mugs they have there are fantastic. Picked myself up a Nautilus mug.
Nice! I'll have to go and look for one the next time we go.
Nice! My Mom has a few that she uses daily as well. She broke one a few years back and was really sad, but they give her such joy to use them everyday that she didn't mind too much. Better to enjoy them than have them collect dust.
Save up your money for the Nautilus mug ~ those are pricey! Here is a fun blog post with the different mugs they have there as well as their prices with the drinks. It is almost a year old now so the prices might be a touch higher, but at least you would have a ballpark!
http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/07/16 ... tiki-mugs/

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Thu 31, 2016 6:57 am

Amy, just read through that blog post and when I went you were given the pearl for free when you ordered the drink...regardless if you wanted it or not.

(On i side note, the drink is a "love it or hate it" kinda concoction. my girlfriend was not a fan at all as it is super creamy with a nutmeg/cinnamon/coconut flavor.. I personally loved it)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 31, 2016 8:19 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Amy, just read through that blog post and when I went you were given the pearl for free when you ordered the drink...regardless if you wanted it or not.

(On i side note, the drink is a "love it or hate it" kinda concoction. my girlfriend was not a fan at all as it is super creamy with a nutmeg/cinnamon/coconut flavor.. I personally loved it)
I wonder if there were enough people that really didn't want multiple plastic pearls that they decided to offer it as a drink only option? And that one seems like a super expensive add on for the mug with it only being plastic. The one that really surprised me was the glass HippopotoMai-Tai. I suppose it is cheaper to make a pressed glass than a ceramic mug that has to be painted?
I have to be honest, in reading through the drink descriptions there really aren't any I am overly excited by. And the only mugs I think are sort of cute are the little rum flight ones. Guess I'm not a big Tiki fan. Have you seen the Brady Bunch episode where Greg finds the Tiki idol and bad things start happening to whoever is wearing it? Must have rubbed off on me enough that I don't want one ;) :lol:

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Thu 31, 2016 8:42 am

Those prices can't be right. I did not pay that much for the Nautilus.

momeja

Post by momeja » Mar Thu 31, 2016 10:47 am

Amy wrote:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:Amy, just read through that blog post and when I went you were given the pearl for free when you ordered the drink...regardless if you wanted it or not.

I wonder if there were enough people that really didn't want multiple plastic pearls that they decided to offer it as a drink only option? And that one seems like a super expensive add on for the mug with it only being plastic. The one that really surprised me was the glass HippopotoMai-Tai. I suppose it is cheaper to make a pressed glass than a ceramic mug that has to be painted?
I have to be honest, in reading through the drink descriptions there really aren't any I am overly excited by. And the only mugs I think are sort of cute are the little rum flight ones. Guess I'm not a big Tiki fan. Have you seen the Brady Bunch episode where Greg finds the Tiki idol and bad things start happening to whoever is wearing it? Must have rubbed off on me enough that I don't want one ;) :lol:
I like those rum flight glasses, too. Wonder if they would work as juice glasses...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 31, 2016 10:57 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Those prices can't be right. I did not pay that much for the Nautilus.
The blog post was from 2015 ~ I couldn't find anything with 2016 prices to confirm, but I did find one from 12/15 and it still lists the price as $52. I do remember people complaining about how expensive the drink is, but people that really wanted the Nautilus seemed to be ok with paying for it as it was a pretty substantial drink and they really liked the mug.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 31, 2016 11:01 am

momeja wrote:I like those rum flight glasses, too. Wonder if they would work as juice glasses...
They are listed as a 4 oz. pour, so I would think they would make nice juice glasses :D ~ but for $35?? Maybe not.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Fri 01, 2016 8:10 am

The Dark and Stormy is my favorite drink from Trader Sam's. If you like ginger and are a fan of stiff drinks...then you can't lose with this one. It doesn't come in a pretty glass, but it's got a cool straw that looks like an umbrella turned inside out by the wind. DW loved the Hippopotomaitai. We opted to not buy the souvenir glass it came in, but at least you get to enjoy it in the glass anyway while you are there. In retrospect, it would be awesome to have that glass with us at home, but we didn't really feel like carrying it around and back to our resort.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)