DVC Disney Vacation Club

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: DVC Disney Vacation Club

Post by Alacrity » Jan Mon 11, 2016 3:57 pm

Amy wrote: Ah, that makes sense. No sense in spending extra money to make something formal when there is a work around in place.
Have you been to the Top of the World lounge? And are there other lounges specifically for DVC members?

I've been up there a couple times. It's a smallish space with an outdoor deck with some really nice views! I don't know of any other DVC Member only areas other than, perhaps, the community hall that each property has. I have not seen those being checked for ID though. There is a DVC Member only cruise yearly and the occasional condo association/member association meetings. There are also occasional special gatherings but those have been reduced recently.

I was just reminded that there is a new DVC Member lounge going in at Epcot for the DVC 25 year anniversary. Looks like it is to go in the Imagination pavilion, upstairs where Imageworks used to be.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 11, 2016 9:06 pm

Alacrity wrote:I've been up there a couple times. It's a smallish space with an outdoor deck with some really nice views! I don't know of any other DVC Member only areas other than, perhaps, the community hall that each property has. I have not seen those being checked for ID though. There is a DVC Member only cruise yearly and the occasional condo association/member association meetings. There are also occasional special gatherings but those have been reduced recently.

I was just reminded that there is a new DVC Member lounge going in at Epcot for the DVC 25 year anniversary. Looks like it is to go in the Imagination pavilion, upstairs where Imageworks used to be.
Might as well use that space since it sits empty all the time now ~ so sad. If you get there and they have the lounge set up there, please take some pictures so we can see it :D I have some memories of the upstairs of the pavilion, but that was a long time ago!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Wed 27, 2016 3:06 pm

Sorry I am just now seeing this...

I know that several years ago, anyone staying at BLT or any DVC owner who could show their DVC card could get into the Top of the World Lounge. Once Magic Bands took over, I believe the policy changed to you having to show your DVC card. This is now the policy for getting meal discounts as well. Back in 2011 we got meal discounts because our room key cards had "DVC" on them because we were staying at OKW/BLT.

As for the DDP...the member would have to make that for you. I think Disney is currently trying to move that over to the MDE side, but as of right now it has to be done at the time of booking or through Guest/Member Services.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)