Possible Tiered Ticket Prices

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Possible Tiered Ticket Prices

Post by Chuckus95 » Oct Mon 05, 2015 9:04 am

After the roll out of the new "Silver," "Gold," "Platinum" and "Platinum Plus" APs there are numerous stories out today discussing the possibility that WDW may tier daily admission prices based on season, weekday v. weekend, etc. How does everyone feel about this? I'm not a big fan of the idea. We tend to visit during the off-season so I, selfishly, want to keep crowds low during those times. It will be interesting to see if this is implemented (I'm pretty certain WDW will) and whether it results in dispersing crowds (which is said to be one of the goals). I tend to think it will not. The core of WDW's crowds are families with children in school so I'm not sure how this will convince those people to go during off-season, when kids are typically in school.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Possible Tiered Ticket Prices

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 05, 2015 9:54 am

I'm hoping they don't go to a tiered daily admission, but it does sort of look like they are aiming in that direction. I don't think it will affect any of the huge tour groups, the Brazilian kids, the football, cheerleader and band kids either. And I can't imagine it would influence people to take their kids out of school in order to go during cheaper times.
The "slow" times of the year have already gotten much busier in my opinion. And with the various festivals, Food and Wine, Flower and Garden, Marathons, etc., I think they've already sort of increased the crowd levels year 'round. I remember about 20 years ago, when we would go between Thanksgiving and Christmas, or in January we wouldn't have more than a 5-10 minute wait for anything. And most attractions were simply walk-on. That just doesn't happen anymore when we've been. Granted, we don't go during the busiest season when you are waiting 2+ hours for something, but I wouldn't want to go then either. Crowds and I don't mix well.
Guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Chuckus95

Post by Chuckus95 » Oct Mon 05, 2015 10:16 am

Amy wrote: The "slow" times of the year have already gotten much busier in my opinion. And with the various festivals, Food and Wine, Flower and Garden, Marathons, etc., I think they've already sort of increased the crowd levels year 'round. I remember about 20 years ago, when we would go between Thanksgiving and Christmas, or in January we wouldn't have more than a 5-10 minute wait for anything. And most attractions were simply walk-on. That just doesn't happen anymore when we've been. Granted, we don't go during the busiest season when you are waiting 2+ hours for something, but I wouldn't want to go then either. Crowds and I don't mix well.
Guess we will have to wait and see what happens.
I agree with you that the "slow" times are starting to get busier. We used to go the week of Labor Day, and it was always dead (5-10 min wait tops) Monday - Friday. It's not that way any more. We are going down the week before Thanksgiving week. I'll be interested to see what the crowds are like.

wxwiz
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by wxwiz » Oct Mon 05, 2015 12:05 pm

Not a fan either. Why would you go during the most popular time and pay say 50 more per admission, when you know you are going to go on less rides due to long wait times?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 05, 2015 9:36 pm

I would imagine they wouldn't have much of a choice, since they are going during common vacation times for children. At the same time, surge pricing probably won't give the off-season people any warm fuzzies since it probably uses the standard price as a floor and then scales up.