Fastpass+ Rant

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Fastpass+ Rant

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Tiger87 wrote:We just came back from WDW 3 days ago ....and feared we would not be able to ride the Mine Train and we could not get Fps for the ride as well..our last day I convinced myself to brave the 70 minute stand by line at 9:30 am.....35 minutes later I was off the ride looking for our photo..which might I add also has video with the Memory Maker..Try not to let Fast Pass control your trip...try to get your first 3 fast passes done early in the day so you can get more for the later half..sometimes using your passes on older rides with shorter lines makes more time to "stand by" in a longer one...Good Luck and have a Magical Trip :mickey:
Good tip ~ thanks!

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Its about space

Post by FlatlandMounty » Apr Mon 18, 2016 8:36 pm

FP isn't just about saving you time, its about saving space. Remember "the good ol' days" when there was no Fastpass? You got in lines like the one at Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain, you walked and walked and walked. You reached the end of a room, and on the other side of the wall was MORE QUEUE, as far as the eye could see. Endless amounts of queue. Now the line moved noticeably faster, but how much realestate was being wasted just to create the snaking queue line. You usually moved through it so quick, you didn't even get a chance to look around. With Fastpass you can have the same number of Guests ride each hour, but more than half of the riders wait less than 10 minutes. (the fastpass queues aren't very long) The Standby line is not longer, but doesn't require the same amount of realestate because a whole lot less people are willing to wait an hour than 30 minutes, especially when there is a virtual wait option. Sorry, but Fastpass is here to stay and if you love new experiences like the ones coming to the New Star Wars Land, you'll be happy about it, otherwise they would only have enough room for half the stuff because there would be twice as much queue.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Mon 18, 2016 8:47 pm

And FP+ is actually about improving forecast accuracy. Between payment requirements, dining reservations being able to be booked quite far in advance, and now rides... it gives a more accurate picture of attendance for each park and hotel.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 20, 2016 8:02 am

It's also about making more money, mr. wizzard. It's easier to spend money when the only thing between you and that souvenir is a simple swipe of the magic band. Also, we've found there's more downtime with FP+ because previously empty queues are now longer waits, so instead of being able to hop from ride to ride, people look at shopping as an option between FP+ windows.

It's all about the bottom line.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Wed 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Don't forget the potential savings on swipe fees and lowering the theft risks by using the bands. Employees can't steal money they don't handle.