2015 is last year for Osborne Lights

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: 2015 is last year for Osborne Lights

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 29, 2015 6:00 pm

kosmosworld wrote:Well that stinks! Those lights always made the Holiday time special over there.
Agreed!
Marty Moose wrote:There's a rumor on a reputable web site about moving the Osborne lights to EPCOT where the lights of winter were. Hope its true....
I've seen that floating around as well ~ hope so too. Although I'm thinking they might have to change the theme a bit ~ the Prep and Landing part seems like it would be out of place in EPCOT, and I wonder how the dancing part would work with Illuminations, although perhaps it would just have to not run during that time frame? In any case, there is hope!

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Sep Wed 30, 2015 10:23 am

Seems pretty easy to move it, all they need is the power.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 30, 2015 12:15 pm

horizons1 wrote:Seems pretty easy to move it, all they need is the power.
Yeah, I would think it's very mobile. Lots of manpower to set up and remove, but other than that, pretty easy to fit wherever. I remember the light up winter arches they used to have, but the Osborne Lights are so much more that I'm not sure how they would look along that walkway. Hoping and wishing they find a home somewhere though as it is looking less and less like we will be able to go this year :(