Best Non-Breakfasts?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Best Non-Breakfasts?

Post by zhoover » Jun Fri 26, 2015 8:39 am

What's your favorite way to have breakfast at Walt Disney World that ISN'T table service?

During Star Wars Weekends I get to the 'Studios before my family for an autograph FastPass. Once the park opens, I like to hang a hard right to get one of the first Tower of Terror rides. Just past the gift shop there's a great pastry stand - I score a muffin and a coffee (with a shot of Baileys - hey, I'm on vacation!), then I hit Tower of Terror again if the line still isn't crazy. It's a good one-player way to start the day!

Your turn...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Best Non-Breakfasts?

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 26, 2015 10:38 am

I love the chocolate croissants that are in the food court quick service places ~ pair it with a bottle of milk or juice and it's the perfect breakfast on the go! :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jun Fri 26, 2015 12:24 pm

I've been thinking long and hard about this one...

Our last two trips, we stayed with family at a DVC property, and had breakfast in the condo before leaving.
Trip before that, girls and I, we had the deluxe dining plan (never do that) and I fetched breakfast from the food court (Pop Century) while they showered and dressed.
Trip before that was 2001. We went to the grocery and got a styrofoam cooler, cereal, yogurt, milk, bagels, cream cheese, etc. to eat in our rooms.

I think we've only ever eaten a sit-down breakfast on a WDW trip once - at Chef Mickeys at the end of our 2012 trip just before heading over to Cocoa Beach.

So there are a lot of alternatives. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Jun Sat 27, 2015 7:46 am

Amy wrote:I love the chocolate croissants that are in the food court quick service places ~ pair it with a bottle of milk or juice and it's the perfect breakfast on the go! :D
I love the chocolate croissants as well! Yummy!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 27, 2015 8:55 am

brerrabbit1 wrote:
Amy wrote:I love the chocolate croissants that are in the food court quick service places ~ pair it with a bottle of milk or juice and it's the perfect breakfast on the go! :D
I love the chocolate croissants as well! Yummy!!!
I actually found something that might be similar in the frozen food section at Walmart yesterday. Unfortunately the product was expired by almost 9 months :shock: so I passed on purchasing them yesterday. The brand is Maison du Croissant. Not sure if they carry them in other stores or not, but I'm hoping to try them when they restock!

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Jul Sun 19, 2015 1:07 am

zhoover wrote:What's your favorite way to have breakfast at Walt Disney World that ISN'T table service?

I score a muffin and a coffee (with a shot of Baileys - hey, I'm on vacation!),
That sounds awesome. Do they have Baileys in other places?
You know...for science.
Image Image

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Tue 21, 2015 7:19 am

The big cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern is pretty good with a big cup of coffee...which helps offset the sweetness of the cinnamon roll.

Another thing I like is the cream cheese filled pretzel...though I can't remember exactly where I got it. I know I got one in Tomorrowland at DLR...and maybe somewhere in Fantasyland in MK.

If you want savory instead of sweet you can grab an everything bagel with cream cheese from the Main Street Bakery.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Jul Tue 21, 2015 8:57 am

BuDz211 wrote:That sounds awesome. Do they have Baileys in other places?
You know...for science.
Good question! There's boozy coffee available at the coffee cart 'twixt the UK and Canada in World Showcase, but I think it's made with Kahlua. The Ireland kiosk at Food & Wine did a very nice grown-up iced coffee last year. I expect most sit-down restaurants could do an Irish Coffee in a pinch!

I'm surprised there's not a dedicated booze thread on this site...for science.

Captainnobeard
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by Captainnobeard » Jul Tue 21, 2015 12:45 pm

i have always loved the giant cinnamon buns in the Main Street Bakery, but i'm not sure if they are still there since Starbucks has taken over the Bakery. that with a bottle of orange juice were a perfect combination to get the blood sugar up and humming for a blast around Magic Kingdom

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 22, 2015 5:53 am

zhoover wrote:
BuDz211 wrote:That sounds awesome. Do they have Baileys in other places?
You know...for science.
Good question! There's boozy coffee available at the coffee cart 'twixt the UK and Canada in World Showcase, but I think it's made with Kahlua. The Ireland kiosk at Food & Wine did a very nice grown-up iced coffee last year. I expect most sit-down restaurants could do an Irish Coffee in a pinch!

I'm surprised there's not a dedicated booze thread on this site...for science.
Well, there sort of is, if you count any of wewantsdaredhead's trip reports ;) :lol:
I don't drink coffee, but I kind of like the sound of a boozy coffee! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 22, 2015 5:54 am

Captainnobeard wrote:i have always loved the giant cinnamon buns in the Main Street Bakery, but i'm not sure if they are still there since Starbucks has taken over the Bakery. that with a bottle of orange juice were a perfect combination to get the blood sugar up and humming for a blast around Magic Kingdom
Oh my goodness, that does sound like quite a sugar rush ~ hope you have good lunch plans on a day like that so you don't crash and burn :shock: ;)

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Wed 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Hands down, my favorite non-breakfast is at Animal Kingdom. My new fav tradition is to go for EMH and grab a coffee and roll at the Royal Anandapur Tea Company cart right by the monkeys. Especially early in the morning, it is the perfect place to sit in peace and quiet, watch the mist roll over the water, hear the nearby screams from EE and watch the monkeys on their ropes. It is by far my favorite non-breakfast morning ritual! :-)

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Aug Wed 12, 2015 7:14 pm

We did breakfast in the condo last trip (bagel and cream cheese from the on-site store for me and Dad brought his own oatmeal & Raisin mix) except the one morning we went to the Tusker House. I was so disappointed by the traditional American breakfast foods. Nothing to represent how Africans break their nightly fast...
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Belle1082 wrote:Hands down, my favorite non-breakfast is at Animal Kingdom. My new fav tradition is to go for EMH and grab a coffee and roll at the Royal Anandapur Tea Company cart right by the monkeys. Especially early in the morning, it is the perfect place to sit in peace and quiet, watch the mist roll over the water, hear the nearby screams from EE and watch the monkeys on their ropes. It is by far my favorite non-breakfast morning ritual! :-)
I can picture it in my head ~ sounds wonderful!
JenMuse wrote:We did breakfast in the condo last trip (bagel and cream cheese from the on-site store for me and Dad brought his own oatmeal & Raisin mix) except the one morning we went to the Tusker House. I was so disappointed by the traditional American breakfast foods. Nothing to represent how Africans break their nightly fast...
I thought they had some more traditional African food at the buffets. It would be nice if they had a small selection anyhow.

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Aug Thu 13, 2015 10:55 am

Amy wrote:I thought they had some more traditional African food at the buffets. It would be nice if they had a small selection anyhow.
There was some sweet basmati rice and and sweet plantains. There was a place for bobotie but it was empty both times I passed by. Next trip, we have reservations at Be Our Guest for breakfast one morning, then I get to have one working breakfast at Kona but otherwise, we'll be doing breakfast in the room (it's nice to have a full kitchen on vacation).
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs