Walt Disney World Gallery Disc

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Walt Disney World Gallery Disc

Post by sfein » Jun Fri 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Has anyone purchased this? I was wondering about the quality and variations of pictures on it. Also if the other disc Walt Disney World Entertainment Gallery Disc had duplicates or are different enough to purchase. Sometimes you just can't get that perfect shot because of time of year or you don't own an expensive camera. It would be nice to get some nice shots. So wondering how good these were.

Thanks.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Walt Disney World Gallery Disc

Post by cy1229 » Jun Fri 12, 2015 5:52 pm

sfein wrote:Has anyone purchased this? I was wondering about the quality and variations of pictures on it. Also if the other disc Walt Disney World Entertainment Gallery Disc had duplicates or are different enough to purchase. Sometimes you just can't get that perfect shot because of time of year or you don't own an expensive camera. It would be nice to get some nice shots. So wondering how good these were.

Thanks.
You might want to send a message to Len90. He's purchased several different photo cd packages and has had mixed results. I think he's in the midst of end-of-year exams at med school right now, but if you send him a direct message he might take a few minutes to get back to you.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Is there any way to check out the photos that are on it first before purchasing it? I know they included some stock photos on my disc when I took the Wild Africa Trek and I was not impressed with the quality of what were supposed to be professional photos :(

sfein

Post by sfein » Jun Fri 12, 2015 8:50 pm

I'm going to be going on the Wild Africa Trek. What stock photos did they include and how many?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 12, 2015 9:28 pm

sfein wrote:I'm going to be going on the Wild Africa Trek. What stock photos did they include and how many?
Can't believe I could find it so easily, but I located the photo disc! (not as organized as I once was) ~ anyhow, they weren't as terrible as I remember, but still not as great as you would expect. There were about 50 stock pictures, one of about every kind of animal on the safari, plus extras of the bigger ones, elephant, cheetah, lions, etc. and about 7 of various birds. Not sure if they include the same amount on each cd or if it varies with how many pictures they actually took on the tour.
The one thing I would recommend to people is to try to go with someone you know if you can. I have a lot of pictures of people I don't know that were on the tour with me, and seeing the pictures of the kids who were sort of bratty on the tour don't help me remember it more fondly.
It is definitely a great tour, and one I would recommend, but I was spoiled by having been on an actual safari in Africa. And I felt a bit rushed. I wish they would have a bit shorter walking tour through the beginning, and have a little more leisurely stay at the savannah house, but I know that they are trying to get a certain amount of tours through in a day.
All that being said, you are sure to see the animals up close on the tour ~ the hippo feeding was one of the highlights for me.
Hope you enjoy it! Be sure to check back in and let me know what you think of the photo cd when you get it, and how many stock photos you got. At some point I will see if I can upload some of the photos to share. There is a licensing agreement so I'll have to take a closer peek at that.

sfein

Post by sfein » Jun Sat 13, 2015 8:03 am

Looking forward to going. I'll definitely post how it is along with how the photos are. One month to go :)

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jun Tue 16, 2015 7:59 am

I loved the Wild Africa Trek as well! It was a blast! I want to do it again :-)
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°