Room Pricing

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

adelyser
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Room Pricing

Post by adelyser » May Sat 30, 2015 12:37 pm

We are planning a trip for January.....when does the pricing and discounts become available? Does anyone know? Also what are crowd level like at this time ?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Room Pricing

Post by Amy » May Sat 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Not sure about pricing and discounts, but the crowd levels should be pretty good. The marathon is listed as 1/6 - 1/10 so you might see increased levels then. And Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is 1/18 which might bring some people out for a long weekend. Otherwise I would think it would be fairly quiet.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » May Sun 31, 2015 11:33 am

The pricing drops usually should be there once they are taking reservations for the month, but promotional discounts probably won't show up until end of summer. Check the park hours for those dates though, to make sure you are comfortable with the shorter hours. While a discount on a room is great, paying the same admission prices for less time in the park might not be.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 31, 2015 1:54 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:The pricing drops usually should be there once they are taking reservations for the month, but promotional discounts probably won't show up until end of summer. Check the park hours for those dates though, to make sure you are comfortable with the shorter hours. While a discount on a room is great, paying the same admission prices for less time in the park might not be.
Good point ~ although WDW doesn't have really short hours like DL does, and even if one park closes early, there is generally still another park or two open late, plus the evening EMH.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Sun 31, 2015 3:01 pm

Looking at this year, for January, it looks like they run around 12 hour days for some of the parks, but the latest anything closes during the week is about 9 and 10 on the weekend. If you are pretty much done by those times and are headed back to your hotel it might work out fine.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 31, 2015 7:57 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Looking at this year, for January, it looks like they run around 12 hour days for some of the parks, but the latest anything closes during the week is about 9 and 10 on the weekend. If you are pretty much done by those times and are headed back to your hotel it might work out fine.
I'm in the parks open to close ~ if it is later, all the better, but if you have enough days, it isn't so bad when things close at 9 or 10. Besides, the DTD area stays open until later, so you can do your shopping and not feel bad that you are missing out on time in the parks!

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » Jun Mon 01, 2015 8:49 am

Another option...when we used to go in January, we would schedule a table service dinner for 8 or so - at least on a night when we didnt close EPCOT but the other parks were all closed by 7 or 730.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jun Fri 05, 2015 8:53 am

yeah I would suggest using the evenings to tour some of the deluxe resorts when you are there during the winter months

It's free and you can enjoy the nice restaurants/bars/theming of these amazing resorts. Having done a few WDW half marathons, I got used to the shorter park hours and the earlier sunsets. Having the EMH helps out too.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

adelyser
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by adelyser » Jun Fri 05, 2015 11:45 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Looking at this year, for January, it looks like they run around 12 hour days for some of the parks, but the latest anything closes during the week is about 9 and 10 on the weekend. If you are pretty much done by those times and are headed back to your hotel it might work out fine.

We will have a almost four year old and a 1 1/2 year old at that time so the parks closing at 9 or 10 is ok with us. Ill have to keep my eyes peeled for this end of summer discounts.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Sat 06, 2015 11:08 am

I agree with Wizzard. I used to make all my trips in January and the discounts usually showed up in August.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.