What do you do with your Magic Bands?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: What do you do with your Magic Bands?

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jun Mon 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Metalfan wrote:
So I just wondered what do you guys do with your bands? If anything?
If you figure out what to do with them, please let me know!!!
(This isnt even all of them!)

Disney needs to give an option to NOT get new ones. I have all the colors and I have run out of fun things to put on the back of them. Now I just name the trip. The last ones said "Henry 20" for our anniversary trip, etc.

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Jun Thu 04, 2015 9:56 am

We've been re-using our annual passholder bands, but keep getting resort bands - we maybe have three sets for our family. I was thinking they could make fun Christmas Tree decorations...?

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Jun Fri 05, 2015 5:38 pm

Tree decorations, that's a good idea! I have a full set from my family's two trips the past few years. They're in their boxes in my bookshelf.

Searlproudbottom
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Searlproudbottom » Jun Thu 11, 2015 7:40 am

WE put them back in the box they came in and kept them for a souvenir. We save everything from our Disney trips.
Searl

joeybTNU
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by joeybTNU » Jun Mon 29, 2015 4:45 pm

Got a green band last January when I went. Kept it, then went I had a job in Orlando, and found out I had a free day, I bought a single day Park Hopper ticket, and attached it to that same band with the My Disney Experience app. Took all of about 20 minutes to buy tickets, sync it to the band, and to get my FP's for the day. And now that Ive done a few more jobs there, I have just left the band in my backpack I carry with my everywhere in case I ever suddenly find myself needing to buy a ticket :) :mickey:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Tue 30, 2015 7:44 am

So far it seems like my trend is to place the magic band on my wrist when I arrive in Orlando and wear it every day. It comes off at night when I sleep. I take my magic band off for good when I go through airport security at Orlando Airport and the band will fly home in my carry on. When I get home and eventually unpack my carry on, the band is placed in a pile with my other worn bands. With my AP and resort stays I am currently at 4 bands.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Len90 wrote:So far it seems like my trend is to place the magic band on my wrist when I arrive in Orlando and wear it every day. It comes off at night when I sleep. I take my magic band off for good when I go through airport security at Orlando Airport and the band will fly home in my carry on. When I get home and eventually unpack my carry on, the band is placed in a pile with my other worn bands. With my AP and resort stays I am currently at 4 bands.
Did you choose different colors each time? That's what I would like to do, get a collection of my favorite colors :D

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Jul Wed 01, 2015 9:45 am

I'm confused, can you re use the magic bands if you aren't a annual pass holder?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 01, 2015 4:18 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:I'm confused, can you re use the magic bands if you aren't a annual pass holder?
I don't think so. And I've read where people get new bands if they are doing a split stay, one set for the first hotel, another for the second hotel stay.

BenB

Post by BenB » Jul Thu 02, 2015 12:44 am

Amy wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:I'm confused, can you re use the magic bands if you aren't a annual pass holder?
I don't think so. And I've read where people get new bands if they are doing a split stay, one set for the first hotel, another for the second hotel stay.
Yes, you can. We did it on our trip last month. I had an annual pass band, but all 3 of my family members used their bands from the last trip. All you have to do is connect it to your new ticket.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 02, 2015 6:04 am

BenB wrote:
Amy wrote:
Yes, you can. We did it on our trip last month. I had an annual pass band, but all 3 of my family members used their bands from the last trip. All you have to do is connect it to your new ticket.
Ah, good to know. Is there a place to check on the reservation form when you are planning your trip that says you want to reuse your current Magic Bands?

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Thu 02, 2015 10:28 am

every MB is tied to your MDE account...and because of that will work as long as you have tickets tied to your MDE account

So if you have 7 MBs from all of your trips...as long as the battery still works in all of them...you will be able to use any of them for park entry, purchases, and FP+.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 02, 2015 4:40 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:every MB is tied to your MDE account...and because of that will work as long as you have tickets tied to your MDE account

So if you have 7 MBs from all of your trips...as long as the battery still works in all of them...you will be able to use any of them for park entry, purchases, and FP+.
Ah...got it. Thanks!

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Jul Thu 02, 2015 6:48 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:every MB is tied to your MDE account...and because of that will work as long as you have tickets tied to your MDE account

Thanks!!

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Jul Thu 02, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks also to Benb !!