2015's 24 Hours of Disney

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

2015's 24 Hours of Disney

Post by Blackie Pueblo » May Sun 17, 2015 10:30 am

Hey Disney fans it's almost that time of the year again. 24 Hours at the Magic Kingdom! My wife and I have never actually experienced it and we are seriously thinking about doing it this year. What are your thoughts on it? Is it worth going? Is it insanely crowded? How many of you fellow subsonicers are planning on attending?

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: 2015's 24 Hours of Disney

Post by Metalfan » May Tue 19, 2015 11:32 am

My girlfriend and I will be there. Plan right now is to get to MK at about 4:30 am and then stay until noon or 1. Take a break when the park is at it's most crowded and then come back around 6 or 7 pm and stay until we decided we're done lol

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 19, 2015 2:45 pm

Metalfan wrote:My girlfriend and I will be there. Plan right now is to get to MK at about 4:30 am and then stay until noon or 1. Take a break when the park is at it's most crowded and then come back around 6 or 7 pm and stay until we decided we're done lol
That sounds like a good plan ~ maybe a nap or a quick dip in the pool, or both, to refresh from the morning to the evening hours :D

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » May Thu 21, 2015 9:46 am

I have never been able to go, it doesn't seem to work out for me. But I have watched on the computer for the last 2 years. I'm hoping they have a live feed again this year! Super fun. Last year during the Electrical Light Parade I streamed it onto our big screen TV and and played the parade music on the sound system (using AppleTV)... next best thing to being there and a lot of fun!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 21, 2015 12:38 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I have never been able to go, it doesn't seem to work out for me. But I have watched on the computer for the last 2 years. I'm hoping they have a live feed again this year! Super fun. Last year during the Electrical Light Parade I streamed it onto our big screen TV and and played the parade music on the sound system (using AppleTV)... next best thing to being there and a lot of fun!
Sweet! I don't seem to be organized enough to remember to do anything fun like that. I do hope to make it to one of the 24 hour events one day ~ I think it would be a blast! :goofy_bounce:

Blackie Pueblo

Post by Blackie Pueblo » May Sat 23, 2015 7:26 pm

Got home at 8am this morn from The Magic Kingdom. First time my wife and I have ever been and I gotta say... Disney knows how to throw a party! Yes it was really crowded. But man was it a blast! Even with the little bit of rain I haven't had that much fun in some time. Not only did we get to ride a lot but we danced a lot as well. The two DJs, one in Fronterland and the other in front of the castle staring at 3:30pm really got the crowds jumping. Literally! There werea all kinds of little things they did along with the music that just made it fun. At 2:30am they played the film Frozen in tomorrowland. It was a nice fun break to do for everyone. People were laying around all over either sleeping or watching the film. The castmembers were all friendly and also joking around about how tired they were and making jokes to people about falling asleep, especially on the Carousel of Progress.

Sure, I guess for most people who wanted to just do rides would not be happy because the crowd was so packed. But this is also what it's like during the Summer season. What did you really expect?

Plus, just the overall crowd was fun. People everywere were friendly and just having a good time with you. I'm exhausted but I'm so glad my wife and I went. Definitly going again next year.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 24, 2015 7:08 am

Blackie Pueblo wrote:Got home at 8am this morn from The Magic Kingdom. First time my wife and I have ever been and I gotta say... Disney knows how to throw a party! Yes it was really crowded. But man was it a blast! Even with the little bit of rain I haven't had that much fun in some time. Not only did we get to ride a lot but we danced a lot as well. The two DJs, one in Fronterland and the other in front of the castle staring at 3:30pm really got the crowds jumping. Literally! There werea all kinds of little things they did along with the music that just made it fun. At 2:30am they played the film Frozen in tomorrowland. It was a nice fun break to do for everyone. People were laying around all over either sleeping or watching the film. The castmembers were all friendly and also joking around about how tired they were and making jokes to people about falling asleep, especially on the Carousel of Progress.

Sure, I guess for most people who wanted to just do rides would not be happy because the crowd was so packed. But this is also what it's like during the Summer season. What did you really expect?

Plus, just the overall crowd was fun. People everywere were friendly and just having a good time with you. I'm exhausted but I'm so glad my wife and I went. Definitly going again next year.
Sounds like you had a blast! That is great that they make it so fun so people have a good time and can forget how crowded it is. I'm hoping I get to experience the event at least once sometime soon :D

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » May Tue 26, 2015 8:52 am

An awesome addition this year... they streamed with sound! I had it on my desk at work all day Friday, and streamed it to the big screen TV at home through AppleTV! My parents are in town and we all had a great time pretending we were at Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately the early Main Street Electrical Parade was cancelled due to bad weather, but I stayed up and watched it at 1am with all its sound and glory!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Fri 29, 2015 10:59 am

cousininmiami wrote:An awesome addition this year... they streamed with sound! I had it on my desk at work all day Friday, and streamed it to the big screen TV at home through AppleTV! My parents are in town and we all had a great time pretending we were at Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately the early Main Street Electrical Parade was cancelled due to bad weather, but I stayed up and watched it at 1am with all its sound and glory!
That is really cool!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by daluke » May Fri 29, 2015 7:40 pm

cousininmiami wrote:An awesome addition this year... they streamed with sound!
No kidding! It was awesome to have the video up on my computer screen, and here the Mickey Castle show playing. (I DID actually get work done...) :)

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Jun Mon 22, 2015 6:07 am

I want to do this one day!! Sounds like so much fun!! :D