Back with Subsonic...planning new trip

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Back with Subsonic...planning new trip

Post by laurie5658 » Apr Tue 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Ok, so when we get back from a WDW trip we go in to a withdrawl period...who doesn't. I can't even get myself to listen to Disney music. Well, we are planning our next trip and I am back with Subsonic! I am loving life again!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Back with Subsonic...planning new trip

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Tue 28, 2015 3:13 pm

I have been helping lots of friends and co-workers plan their trips, so it's helped me deal with my withdrawals. Of course, I always have the Main Street USA stream playing when I give my kids a bath every night. They like it and it puts me in my happy place.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 28, 2015 6:00 pm

laurie5658 wrote:Ok, so when we get back from a WDW trip we go in to a withdrawl period...who doesn't. I can't even get myself to listen to Disney music. Well, we are planning our next trip and I am back with Subsonic! I am loving life again!
Nice ~ glad you've got a trip in the works :D
theBIGyowski wrote:I have been helping lots of friends and co-workers plan their trips, so it's helped me deal with my withdrawals. Of course, I always have the Main Street USA stream playing when I give my kids a bath every night. They like it and it puts me in my happy place.
How fun that your kids enjoy the music. Just think how excited they will be when they hear it in the parks! :goofy_bounce:

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » May Fri 01, 2015 9:34 pm

I love the Main Street stream. And real soon, I get to hear it in person!
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Sun 03, 2015 12:05 am

Laurie, that is completely normal. I personally find it hard to listen to subsonic immediately following a return from a trip or even sometimes if I don't have anything booked or plans to return. It actually is really fun to listen to Subsonic as you actively work on your vacation... especially now where you have to basically plan out every day with dinner and rides!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

octoberbarry
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by octoberbarry » May Mon 25, 2015 5:24 am

Funny, I find quite the opposite to be true. I get home from a Disney trip and spend the next week spending as much time as I can listening to the music, watching videos, anything to extend the feeling of standing there in the parks feeling it...I'll put on Subsonic streams for the most annoying of tasks, like balancing my checkbook, etc. Makes the work seem oh so much more pleasant...'Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down'...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Mon 29, 2015 9:39 am

octoberbarry wrote:Funny, I find quite the opposite to be true. I get home from a Disney trip and spend the next week spending as much time as I can listening to the music, watching videos, anything to extend the feeling of standing there in the parks feeling it...I'll put on Subsonic streams for the most annoying of tasks, like balancing my checkbook, etc. Makes the work seem oh so much more pleasant...'Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down'...
Hmm interesting. Although I personally just returned from 8-9 days in the world about 36 hours ago and I am already posting on the forum... It might just be that I am already starting to figure out the dates for another trip this year before my annual pass expires.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Jul Sun 19, 2015 1:04 am

I occasionally visit the site but I've been really hitting the streams as I have a September trip coming. It gets real when you're listening to Main Street music when you're under 60 days till your trip and you're working on the touring plans.
Image Image

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Jul Mon 20, 2015 9:35 am

theBIGyowski wrote:Of course, I always have the Main Street USA stream playing when I give my kids a bath every night. They like it and it puts me in my happy place.
Love bathtime loops! Current favorite is the Jungle Cruise Queue from WDW.

Captainnobeard
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by Captainnobeard » Jul Mon 20, 2015 7:32 pm

i have an addiction to Innoventions area music, but i find when i'm approaching a trip (like i am now, into double digits now!!) the need to listen to it is even worse, LOL. the Future world stream is perfect fuel...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Captainnobeard wrote:i have an addiction to Innoventions area music, but i find when i'm approaching a trip (like i am now, into double digits now!!) the need to listen to it is even worse, LOL. the Future world stream is perfect fuel...
The Innoventions area music is some of the best ~ Future World is definitely my go-to stream. Lucky you having a trip in the works!