Disney Tastes

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Wed 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Reading all the threads.......what a hard decision. All have valid points :D :shock: :goofy:

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Jun Thu 21, 2012 10:00 am

The lamb wrap at the cafe in Morocco is delicious. We tried that cafe on a whim and now it's one of our staples for lunch every time we go.
"now, bring me that horizon"

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Jun Thu 21, 2012 3:36 pm

For sure my favorite taste is hot coffee and a pastry on a chilly morning in Animal Kingdom from the Royal Anandapur Tea Company - preferably on a morning that AK has EMH and the park is empty. The mist is still over the water, the monkeys are just waking up and the old wooden table is a PERFECT place to start the day.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Fri 22, 2012 3:09 pm

Belle1082 wrote:For sure my favorite taste is hot coffee and a pastry on a chilly morning in Animal Kingdom from the Royal Anandapur Tea Company - preferably on a morning that AK has EMH and the park is empty. The mist is still over the water, the monkeys are just waking up and the old wooden table is a PERFECT place to start the day.

OOOOooooo jealousy setting in lol :wink: :goofy:

Admiral01
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Admiral01 » Jun Sat 23, 2012 12:43 am

The bobotie which is on the buffet at Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is wonderful.

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Jun Sat 23, 2012 9:45 am

ANYTHING from California Grille!

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Sat 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Admiral01 wrote:The bobotie which is on the buffet at Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is wonderful.
What is that....sounds interesting :goofy:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Sat 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Just reading through the past 4 pages (yes, I was that far behind!) it was really cool seeing the different tastes that everyone is labeling as a "must do" during their trips. Several agree on the basics such as Dole Whips, popcorn, Mickey bars, etc... but it is really cool seeing the Boma and Marakesh mentioned on here. I've never done either since my family doesn't like to try news things. But they are definitely on my list of things I want to try eventually.

Admiral01
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Admiral01 » Jun Sun 24, 2012 1:53 am

Goofyfan wrote:
Admiral01 wrote:The bobotie which is on the buffet at Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is wonderful.
From Wikipedia:
"bobotie...is a South African dish consisting of spiced minced meat baked with an egg-based topping."

It really is one of our favorite dishes. It looks like something you would cook for a large family for breakfast on Christmas day. An egg-and-meat casserole with excellent flavors. We always get seconds and thirds of the bobotie. Last time we were at Boma near closing, and our waitress brought us some to-go cups so we could fill them with the bobotie before they pulled it for the night. What a great way to spend a late night at the CBR: drinks at the pool with left over African food.

I have to say, California Grill is our favorite restaurant on property. We are there at least once per trip to eat the incredible dishes, hang with the bar tenders, and talk to Chef Brian and Yoshi the sushi chef. But, we also make a point to get to Boma for, of all things, minced meat and egg casserole :)

DemonOfMusic
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DemonOfMusic » Jun Mon 25, 2012 8:01 am

Wyntuck wrote:ANYTHING from California Grille!
I've never been to California Grille... what's the food there like?
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Jun Mon 25, 2012 9:03 am

DemonOfMusic wrote:
The food is fantastic. They've got some great flatbreads, I don't care for sushi, but my family does and they've loved it there as well. For main dishes they have classic filets, pork, chicken, and fish, but all done incredibly well. It's a delicious meal. Plus as an added bonus, you great a beautiful view.
"now, bring me that horizon"

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Mon 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Belle1082 wrote:For sure my favorite taste is hot coffee and a pastry on a chilly morning in Animal Kingdom from the Royal Anandapur Tea Company - preferably on a morning that AK has EMH and the park is empty. The mist is still over the water, the monkeys are just waking up and the old wooden table is a PERFECT place to start the day.
I love how you describe this! Sounds so nice! I will have to remember this when we go back!

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Jun Mon 25, 2012 9:15 pm

leblanan wrote:
DemonOfMusic wrote:
The food is fantastic. They've got some great flatbreads, I don't care for sushi, but my family does and they've loved it there as well. For main dishes they have classic filets, pork, chicken, and fish, but all done incredibly well. It's a delicious meal. Plus as an added bonus, you great a beautiful view.
Ooooh, that sounds DELICIOUS! I'm not a sushi girl, but mmmm, flatbreads. Where in the park is it? I'll have to go next time!
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Mon 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Admiral01 wrote:
Goofyfan wrote:
From Wikipedia:
"bobotie...is a South African dish consisting of spiced minced meat baked with an egg-based topping."

It really is one of our favorite dishes. It looks like something you would cook for a large family for breakfast on Christmas day. An egg-and-meat casserole with excellent flavors. We always get seconds and thirds of the bobotie. Last time we were at Boma near closing, and our waitress brought us some to-go cups so we could fill them with the bobotie before they pulled it for the night. What a great way to spend a late night at the CBR: drinks at the pool with left over African food.

I have to say, California Grill is our favorite restaurant on property. We are there at least once per trip to eat the incredible dishes, hang with the bar tenders, and talk to Chef Brian and Yoshi the sushi chef. But, we also make a point to get to Boma for, of all things, minced meat and egg casserole :)

That sounds sooooo awesome. will have to try on our next vist. :D :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 25, 2012 10:15 pm

leblanan wrote:
DemonOfMusic wrote:
DemonOfMusic wrote:Ooooh, that sounds DELICIOUS! I'm not a sushi girl, but mmmm, flatbreads. Where in the park is it? I'll have to go next time!
California Grill is on the top of the Contemporary Resort...never been myself, but I hope to someday. Not as much for the food, but more for the view!

That bobotie sounds interesting. I would probably try it at the very least, but the whole spiced meat with fruits and eggs sounds a bit strange to me. I'm not much of a meat eater and have never tried curry either...so I'm pretty sure I would not be a big fan...