All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Be Our Guest Restaurant

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:
Amy wrote::lol: Love your translations cy1229!
It's still too frou-frou for moi. I'll still with the delicious Via Napoli pizza and zeppoli ~ mmmmmm!
I'm with you Amy....although I think I would like to have the experience, and see the inside, looks amazing :figment:
Oh, I'd like to see the inside for sure too. Maybe F1gment and I can split a lunch there sometime...but the menu does not make me want to put it on my Stacy's list (you know, that annoying woman who has that "must see" list) ;) :lol:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Mon 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Got reservations for January 16th. Unless someone else beats me to it, I'll have a "review" afterwards.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Aug Mon 20, 2012 11:16 pm

it does sound more highbrow than others... but like it was said above, fancying up the menu names for a possible signature bid seems likely... pomme frites? just say french fries...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 21, 2012 6:30 am

MadEye wrote:Got reservations for January 16th. Unless someone else beats me to it, I'll have a "review" afterwards.
Cool! Are you planning lunch or dinner?

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Tue 21, 2012 9:55 am

Amy wrote:
MadEye wrote:Got reservations for January 16th. Unless someone else beats me to it, I'll have a "review" afterwards.
Dinner. I believe lunch is quick service. It was funny, with all the complaints that people were having to wait hours on the phone all day, I was already in Magic Kingdom when I figured I'd try Guest Relations with less than a five minute wait. Funny thing was the earliest they had was on Christmas Eve even though they were already well into January. :shock: If it wasn't for how busy that day could be and block out dates, I would have taken it in a heartbeat.
― Dr. Seuss

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Aug Tue 21, 2012 3:28 pm

MadEye wrote:
Amy wrote:
Dinner. I believe lunch is quick service. It was funny, with all the complaints that people were having to wait hours on the phone all day, I was already in Magic Kingdom when I figured I'd try Guest Relations with less than a five minute wait. Funny thing was the earliest they had was on Christmas Eve even though they were already well into January. :shock: If it wasn't for how busy that day could be and block out dates, I would have taken it in a heartbeat.
I tried calling several times and kept getting busy signals, I finally got through around 8:00 last night. I got January 11, which I was surprised it had anything open because it's the marathon weekend.
"now, bring me that horizon"

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Wed 22, 2012 9:12 am

leblanan wrote:I tried calling several times and kept getting busy signals, I finally got through around 8:00 last night. I got January 11, which I was surprised it had anything open because it's the marathon weekend.
What time?
― Dr. Seuss

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Sep Fri 07, 2012 4:45 pm

MadEye wrote:
leblanan wrote:I tried calling several times and kept getting busy signals, I finally got through around 8:00 last night. I got January 11, which I was surprised it had anything open because it's the marathon weekend.
What time?
I got a 7:15 reservation.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Sep Fri 07, 2012 5:42 pm

leblanan wrote:
MadEye wrote:
What time?
I got a 7:15 reservation.
Good choice. Not too dark, not too light out. I can't wait for mine five days later at 7. Wondering what the area will look like around that time. Hopefully it won't be raining.
― Dr. Seuss

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Sep Sat 08, 2012 8:06 am

MadEye wrote:
What time?
I got a 7:15 reservation.[/quote]

Good choice. Not too dark, not too light out. I can't wait for mine five days later at 7. Wondering what the area will look like around that time. Hopefully it won't be raining.[/quote]

Nice... I'm going down this week... I'm looking forward to seeing how close things are to being finished.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Sep Mon 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Is it not dark outside by 7:00 PM in the middle of January? I should know because I've been there several times during that time of year...but I can't remember. I know here in Birmingham, AL it's dark by 5:00 PM once we get off DST and the new year rolls around.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Sep Mon 10, 2012 6:50 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Is it not dark outside by 7:00 PM in the middle of January? I should know because I've been there several times during that time of year...but I can't remember. I know here in Birmingham, AL it's dark by 5:00 PM once we get off DST and the new year rolls around.
Could be that I'm so used to seeing the sun set after 8pm for so long... I hate it. :x
― Dr. Seuss

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Oct Wed 31, 2012 11:01 pm

Some new details have come out about this restaurant that I wanted to share in case you had not heard about them. Early reports were that it will be quick service during the day then changed into a sit down restaurant at night. This isn't entirely true. Apparently, the main Ball Room will be open for dinner service only. The other rooms will be used for the quick service during the day. You will order from kiosks, kind of like what they have for Pecos Bill's... only hopefully these will work. :D Once you pay you are then given an RFID rose that you will take with you when you find a table. They have not explained how you will find an open table though... The servers will then bring out your food to your table based on that RFID rose. Amazing technology and I'm interested to see what will happen with these roses (i.e. people "losing" them, kids breaking them...). I can't wait to check this one out.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Wed 31, 2012 11:32 pm

RFID stuff isn't that fragile, the readers can be, but the parts that people use are generally designed to take abuse. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing the room keys replaced by them. I would imagine they also cut down on theft by simply taking the rose back after you get your food and putting in a price point on the food that makes the theft no great loss (that and they may even have an alarm). I would assume that since it's not table service you would be able to figure out where to sit. :D

I am wondering if each table has a reader on it so that they know where exactly to take the food, or if there is some other indicator for the servers? If they have to have a powered reader on each table that would make things much more complicated.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Oct Wed 31, 2012 11:48 pm

Wizzard419 wrote: I would assume that since it's not table service you would be able to figure out where to sit. :D
I'm just wondering what it will be like to find a table since this place will be overwhelmed with people for awhile. Right now at Cosmic Rays they won't let you sit down until you have your food in hand. I wonder if they will do the same with this place and not let you sit until you have a rose.