All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Be Our Guest Restaurant

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Fri 03, 2012 5:40 am

Amy wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:I think I'd enjoy the food there but there's one thing Disney does at alot of the restaurants....they don't put things on the menu that kids like!!! my daughter doesn't want fancy sandwiches.Give her peanut butter and she's happy.Maybe most kids aren't like her but it would be nice if they'd remember the picky eaters as well.
A lot of the children's menu does seem to consist of mac and cheese or chicken nuggets. It seemed like there were a few places last time that had those peanut butter and jelly snackables. Does your daughter like those? I think most of the restaurants, especially the fancier ones would be accommodating if you asked them to make a peanut butter sandwich for your child.
Thanks again Amy!! I enjoy your tips,I didn't think to ask if we could get something else!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 03, 2012 4:53 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:
Amy wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:I think I'd enjoy the food there but there's one thing Disney does at alot of the restaurants....they don't put things on the menu that kids like!!! my daughter doesn't want fancy sandwiches.Give her peanut butter and she's happy.Maybe most kids aren't like her but it would be nice if they'd remember the picky eaters as well.
A lot of the children's menu does seem to consist of mac and cheese or chicken nuggets. It seemed like there were a few places last time that had those peanut butter and jelly snackables. Does your daughter like those? I think most of the restaurants, especially the fancier ones would be accommodating if you asked them to make a peanut butter sandwich for your child.
Thanks again Amy!! I enjoy your tips,I didn't think to ask if we could get something else!!
Thank you :D We have just learned to ask, and ask, and then ask some more. There are always several different answers as different CMs say different things, but you can always ask until you are satisfied that you have exhausted (if necessary) your options!

renayc
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by renayc » Aug Mon 06, 2012 9:46 pm

I can not wait for this to open up! I am so excited it looks amazing.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 16, 2012 9:57 am

Just saw elsewhere that ADRs will be accepted by phone starting on 8/20 at 7 am EST. Then you can make an ADR online starting 8/22. Sounds like they are sticking with one credit for lunch and dinner for those who will be on the dining plan so that is good news! Looks like the first seating will be for dinner on 11/19.
Last edited by Amy on Aug Fri 17, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Thu 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Amy wrote:Just saw elsewhere that ADRs will be accepted by phone starting on 8/20 at noon EST. Then you can make an ADR online starting 8/22. Sounds like they are sticking with one credit for lunch and dinner for those who will be on the dining plan so that is good news! Looks like the first seating will be for dinner on 11/19.
Of course it's 11/19. That's one month exactly after we leave. :P
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 16, 2012 5:26 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:Just saw elsewhere that ADRs will be accepted by phone starting on 8/20 at noon EST. Then you can make an ADR online starting 8/22. Sounds like they are sticking with one credit for lunch and dinner for those who will be on the dining plan so that is good news! Looks like the first seating will be for dinner on 11/19.
Of course it's 11/19. That's one month exactly after we leave. :P
Better to miss it by a whole month than just a day. That would be even sadder :(

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Aug Thu 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Here is the menu since it was mentioned earlier in the thread. I think it is a little too fancy for the MK, especially in Fantasyland, but we'll see. Once the newness wears off I wonder if it will still be a popular choice to eat.

Lunch menu at Be Our Guest will include:
•Tuna Niçoise salad
•Croque Monsieur sandwich with carved ham, Gruyere cheese, béchamel and pommes frites (French fries)
•Carved turkey on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise
•Grilled steak sandwich with garlic butter spread
•Braised pork
•Vegetable quiche
•Quinoa, shallot and chive salad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner menu at Be Our Guest will include:
Appetizers
•Charcuterie plate with cured meats and sausages, mussels steamed in white wine
•French onion soup
•Potato leek soup
•Salad with champagne vinaigrette
•Salad trio with three mini tastes of roasted beet, raisins and orange; green beans, tomatoes and roasted shallots; and watermelon, radish and mint.

Entrées
•Thyme-scented pork rack chop with au gratin pasta
•Rotisserie rock hen with roasted fingerling potatoes
•Pan-seared salmon in leek fondue
•Grilled strip steak with pommes frites
•Sautéed shrimp and scallops with veggies in puff pastry with creamy lobster sauce
•Oven-baked ratatouille

Dessert
•Cupcakes – Strawberry cream cheese or Triple chocolate
•Chocolate cream puff and a Passion fruit cream puff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kids 9 and under will have their own menus:
Lunch
•Carved turkey sandwich
•Roasted pulled pork
•Mickey meatloaf
•Seared mahi mahi
•Whole-grain macaroni topped with marinara and mozzarella

Dinner
•Grilled steak
•Grilled fish of the day
•Whole-grain macaroni

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Thu 16, 2012 10:56 pm

I personally think it will be VERY popular to eat at. Just think that right now MK has 4 sit down locations with one being CRT. The other three are Crystal Palace (characters), Tony's, and Liberty Tree. All of those restaurants are always very busy and fill up easily.

Another reason I think it will work is that it is the restaurant for Fantasyland. Parents are going to want to take their kids there to eat and kids will want to eat in fantasyland. IMHO this is going to be a big money maker for Disney.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 17, 2012 5:48 am

I think you both have valid points. I think the menu is a little out there for most tastes, although perhaps visitors from other countries will be excited to have some more familiar options. And kids will be glad to eat inside the Beast's castle...I'm just not sure the kids' food choices are going to be very popular. It will be interesting to see the reviews once the restaurant opens!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Fri 17, 2012 9:34 am

Well, in true skeptics' fashion, I'm going to translate some of the menu:

Entrées
•Thyme-scented pork rack chop with au gratin pasta Translation: Pork chops with mac 'n cheese
•Rotisserie rock hen with roasted fingerling potatoes Translation: Chicken and potatoes
•Pan-seared salmon in leek fondue Translation: fish and cheese :lol:
•Grilled strip steak with pommes frites Translation: Steak and fries
•Sautéed shrimp and scallops with veggies in puff pastry with creamy lobster sauce Translation: Seafood pot pie :lol:
•Oven-baked ratatouille Translation: well... there isn't really a translation. It's ratatouille.

Dessert
•Cupcakes – Strawberry cream cheese or Triple chocolate Who doesn't want cupcakes???
•Chocolate cream puff and a Passion fruit cream puff. Sign me up. YUM

I guess my point is that giving the menu items names au Français doesn't change what it really is, and once people realize that, they'll eat there without a problem. Although, I must admit, all the cheese and cream sauces sound really rich to me. I didn't realize that WDW was looking for another French restaurant.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 17, 2012 4:35 pm

:lol: Love your translations cy1229!
It's still too frou-frou for moi. I'll still with the delicious Via Napoli pizza and zeppoli ~ mmmmmm!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Fri 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Yeah, they are normal things they serve, so it's not that out there.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Aug Fri 17, 2012 9:25 pm

I didn't mean that the food was too exotic, just too fancily named as cy1229 pointed out. I think that if they named it Lumiere's pasta, it would be better. This menu will confuse most guests.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Aug Sat 18, 2012 6:54 am

NaCler wrote:I didn't mean that the food was too exotic, just too fancily named as cy1229 pointed out. I think that if they named it Lumiere's pasta, it would be better. This menu will confuse most guests.
Indeed, however if they did dumb down the menu it would difficult for them to switch it to signature dining in the future.

I say within a year the counter service lunch goes away and it will switch to signature status.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Aug Sun 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Amy wrote::lol: Love your translations cy1229!
It's still too frou-frou for moi. I'll still with the delicious Via Napoli pizza and zeppoli ~ mmmmmm!
I'm with you Amy....although I think I would like to have the experience, and see the inside, looks amazing :figment: