Moderator: Moderators

DemonOfMusic
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Whats your favorite park at WDW?

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Sat 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
DemonOfMusic wrote:
Epcotmaniac wrote:My favourite park is Epcot.
When my parents went for the first time to WDW with my siblings and me Epcot was the very first park we visited and Spaceship Earth was the first ride. So whenever I go to WDW the first park I visit is Epcot and the first ride is Spaceship Earth. i´m also a fan of Ellen and I like Universe of Energy. There are so many things for which I love Epot. The park is perfect if you want to have a stressles and quiet day.
I TOTALLY agree with this. I'm glad to see so many other Epcot lovers on here :D
Well add me to the list (this is for your knowledge, Demon, everyone else on here knows I have a major thing for this park). :wink:
YAY!! I love being in a group of park-lovers :D
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Feb Sun 26, 2012 8:10 am

I still hope that they build the Rhine River Cruise in the Germany pavilion. I think the World Showcase needs another ride like Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta Tour starring the three Caballeros.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 26, 2012 9:13 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:I still hope that they build the Rhine River Cruise in the Germany pavilion. I think the World Showcase needs another ride like Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta Tour starring the three Caballeros.
Interesting ~ is the Rhine River Cruise supposed to be a sort of slow moving, It's a Small World sort of ride, or more like the Maelstrom? Is it actually supposed to come to fruition one of these days?

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Feb Sun 26, 2012 11:00 am

Amy wrote:
Epcotmaniac wrote:I still hope that they build the Rhine River Cruise in the Germany pavilion. I think the World Showcase needs another ride like Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta Tour starring the three Caballeros.
Interesting ~ is the Rhine River Cruise supposed to be a sort of slow moving, It's a Small World sort of ride, or more like the Maelstrom? Is it actually supposed to come to fruition one of these days?
I just found this article http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/ ... eries.html

I think it would have been a slow moving ride. That would fit to the Rhine because its a calm river. I´ve heard rumors that Disney couldn´t find a sponsor so the ride was canceled.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 26, 2012 11:53 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:
Amy wrote:
I just found this article http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/ ... eries.html

I think it would have been a slow moving ride. That would fit to the Rhine because its a calm river. I´ve heard rumors that Disney couldn´t find a sponsor so the ride was canceled.
Great find! That was pretty interesting to read. Too bad it hasn't been built yet. It sounds very nice :D

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Sun 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Epcotmaniac wrote:
Amy wrote:

Wow, this was interesting!! I hope they do decide to build the ride, because as much as I love World Showcase I don't think it gets the attention it deserves because it doesn't have enough draws, so hopefully a new ride would help with that!! I also hope it's more fast-moving, that would be something new and interesting for WS.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Sun 26, 2012 12:55 pm

DemonOfMusic wrote: Wow, this was interesting!! I hope they do decide to build the ride, because as much as I love World Showcase I don't think it gets the attention it deserves because it doesn't have enough draws, so hopefully a new ride would help with that!! I also hope it's more fast-moving, that would be something new and interesting for WS.
I've read a rumour for years that there was gonna be some sort of Mt. Fuji coaster akin to the Mattehorn at the Japan pavilion, but it is just that- some rumour I've seen floating around for about 3 years. Like they'd ever build that. I want a new country more than anything- well, any country but Brasil! :shock: :lol: I could go for India, mmm, the food...

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Sun 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
DemonOfMusic wrote: Wow, this was interesting!! I hope they do decide to build the ride, because as much as I love World Showcase I don't think it gets the attention it deserves because it doesn't have enough draws, so hopefully a new ride would help with that!! I also hope it's more fast-moving, that would be something new and interesting for WS.
I've read a rumour for years that there was gonna be some sort of Mt. Fuji coaster akin to the Mattehorn at the Japan pavilion, but it is just that- some rumour I've seen floating around for about 3 years. Like they'd ever build that. I want a new country more than anything- well, any country but Brasil! :shock: :lol: I could go for India, mmm, the food...
I also love the idea of a new country- WS just needs SOMETHING new to get people over there more! I also love the idea of India, but thats probably just my obsession with Indian food talking :goofy_bounce: I think Disney should at the very least consider the Matterhorn idea. Even though I know it's highly unlikely, I, as a thrill-lover, would really enjoy that :D

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Sun 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Give me an Australia pavilion. It'll be the closest I can get to being in Australia.

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Jul Sun 22, 2012 2:20 pm

my favorite park is magic kingdom! I feel just like a little kid when I'm there! I love the characters and the rides but most of all that first walk into main street when you can stand there and see my castle ( not cinderella's castle.....my castle!!) and just take it all in.I know I'm truely at disney then!! it gives me goose bumps just thinking about it!!( I call Cinderella's castle my castle in our house...my daughter gets a kick out of it!!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 22, 2012 3:20 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:my favorite park is magic kingdom! I feel just like a little kid when I'm there! I love the characters and the rides but most of all that first walk into main street when you can stand there and see my castle ( not cinderella's castle.....my castle!!) and just take it all in.I know I'm truely at disney then!! it gives me goose bumps just thinking about it!!( I call Cinderella's castle my castle in our house...my daughter gets a kick out of it!!)
I like that you have claimed Cinderella's castle for your own :lol:

BattyMcDoom
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by BattyMcDoom » Jul Sun 22, 2012 3:53 pm

I think I would have to say Magic Kingdom because it has so many great rides, shops and places to eat and snack. But I always look forward to exploring in Epcot and Animal Kingdom.
:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:
My Next Trip - WDW July 14th
WDW Trips - 17 DLR Trips - 3
:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 24, 2012 5:27 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Give me an Australia pavilion. It'll be the closest I can get to being in Australia.
And if they stuck it by the UK pavilion I'd never leave that perimeter.... :wink: :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Wed 25, 2012 9:08 am

Soarin08 wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:Give me an Australia pavilion. It'll be the closest I can get to being in Australia.
And if they stuck it by the UK pavilion I'd never leave that perimeter.... :wink: :lol:
Wasn't the "outback" area supposed to be reflective of Australia? I seem to remember someone playing the didgeridoo there in 2001, but now it's gone. They did campfire stories or something, too. I can't even think of what's there now. Between China and Germany.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 25, 2012 11:03 am

Oh, you mean the outpost? I think it was kind of a mix of places but more geared towards the countries of Africa.