What is the oddest thing you've seen at disney

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Tue 16, 2010 11:20 am

I agree with Jacca5660 - how could a parent not want to record that if they had a video camera? And why wait until rehearsal dinner? Why not pop it out on prom night when you meet his GF? :wink: :mrgreen:

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Mar Tue 16, 2010 3:46 pm

inkydog wrote:At Disney Hollywood Studio I saw an actor dressed up as traffic cop on Sunset Blvd set up orange safety cones in the street around a toddler who was laying in the street having a tantrum. He then proceeded to direct traffic around the kid, saying things like, "Move along, folks! The situation is under control." in a very official tone, while gesturing with his white gloved hands. I went up and told him it was the funniest thing I had ever seen. He never broke character. He told me, "All in a day's work, sir. Have a good day."

lmao that is so funny :lol:
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Tue 16, 2010 4:33 pm

mindflipper wrote:Coke's Beverly can also be found at the World of Coke in Altanta, GA. I tried that disgusting thing there. It can also be found in LV, I believe. There are other cokes you can find there that aren't available for retail (then why make it?).
I think I know which one you guys are talking about (I can't remember the names)...I remember a couple of really nasty flavors! Pear was my favorite.

Unfortunately the World of Coke here in Vegas closed several years ago. :( I really miss going in there on a hot summer day to get some ice cold coke!

As far as the tantrum story goes, that's great! If that were my kid, I'd have recorded it for sure!

purple figment
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by purple figment » Mar Tue 16, 2010 4:38 pm

As far as the Beverly thing, I seem to remember it as being a flavor they DID manufacture--but for Italy. I remember when my husband tried it on our honeymoon. It was hysterical, because he made SUCH a reat "icky face". I just wish I would have had a camera in my eye!

The tantrum thing? I would have LOVED to see that! I agree with the person who says the parent should show the prom night girlfriend. I think I would record it and trot it out every time there was a new girlfriend.

(I guess this all just proves that I am a little mean spirited.)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Tue 16, 2010 4:41 pm

(I guess this all just proves that I am a little mean spirited.)
Nah, you're just a typical parent :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Wed 17, 2010 10:37 am

I agree, MmeLeota, I think any parent wouldn't pass up the opportunity to show those embarassing moments of their teenagers back when they're kids.

Torylovesdisney
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Torylovesdisney » Mar Mon 22, 2010 7:47 am

The funniest thing I've ever seen at WDW.... hmmmmm.... that would be my kid (she's 25) driving a Disney Resort bus. It completely blew my mind :D BTW she loves being a cast member, must be something they put in the water down there :lol:
[color=red][b]Only [i]Disney People[/i] understand [i]Disney People[/i]![/b][/color]

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Mar Sun 28, 2010 11:10 am

Your right Tory

Only Disney people truly understand "Disney People"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Mon 29, 2010 2:29 pm

mindflipper wrote:I agree, MmeLeota, I think any parent wouldn't pass up the opportunity to show those embarassing moments of their teenagers back when they're kids.
My mom still does that stuff to me whenever she gets the chance! And since we don't have kids of our own, and we have a niece who is 12...well, let's just say we're gonna have some fun with this stuff :twisted:

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Mar Mon 29, 2010 4:36 pm

When I was a CP working at Studios, I was speaking with one of my managers and a family comes up to us, and the mother asks, "What park are we at?" Or something like that. It's a wonder how they passed the signs and got through the turnstiles without knowing where they were.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Millionaire2K

Post by Millionaire2K » Mar Tue 30, 2010 8:34 pm

car jump the track on the indy speedway.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Sat 03, 2010 10:23 am

Alright, i never ever saw this but I heard it talked about when I was little. I guess there was a gator sighting in the Old Key West waterway leading into Downtown Disney. Like I said I never saw it, but i heard about it.

Truthfully, can't really say it is very "odd" since it was in Florida. But it would be terrifying.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Apr Sat 03, 2010 1:03 pm

There's a video on YouTube of a gator that is in the water right next to Splash Mountain. :lol: That kind of creeped me out.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Sat 03, 2010 1:11 pm

The aligator made me remember....on our trip last May it was the worst rains, not your typical FL. shower, I mean down pours everyday. The water was accumlating and just staying. They had signs up everywhere that encouraged you to stay out of the water b/c they didn't know what was in it! We were staying at the Poly, and we were on the second floor of the lobby, looking out towards MK, and going up the tree was a VERY LARGE snake! The CM's were trying really hard to catch it, they had some boxes...not sure what they were going to do with those. But it just kept snaking (no pun intended) it's way up the tree! We were basically staring at it eye to eye since the tree was right by the window! I've never seen a snake that big in Disney!!! I guess it was all of that rain?! :roll:

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Sat 03, 2010 3:36 pm

boilerbabe wrote:The aligator made me remember....on our trip last May it was the worst rains, not your typical FL. shower, I mean down pours everyday. The water was accumlating and just staying. They had signs up everywhere that encouraged you to stay out of the water b/c they didn't know what was in it! We were staying at the Poly, and we were on the second floor of the lobby, looking out towards MK, and going up the tree was a VERY LARGE snake! The CM's were trying really hard to catch it, they had some boxes...not sure what they were going to do with those. But it just kept snaking (no pun intended) it's way up the tree! We were basically staring at it eye to eye since the tree was right by the window! I've never seen a snake that big in Disney!!! I guess it was all of that rain?! :roll:
Snakes and gators I can deal with...but just imagine if they had tropical rainforest-sized spiders running around in the parks. ugh.