Fantasyland Rumor

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Sat 22, 2009 12:44 pm

I think this would be awesome. I love Fantasyland, but as is there's a lot of space that I don't visit on every trip - Ariels Grotto, Toontown, etc. Sure it there would be some growing pains while it gets done, but the final result would be great.

It looks like they would keep the old favorites like Winnie, Snow White, Peterpan, It's a Small World, etc.

It looks like on the plan that the cars in Tomorrowland would also be redone...I don't LOVE those but I know a lot of people do, kids like to drive!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Sun 23, 2009 7:16 pm

I don't like the way the Speedway cars smell!! They stink like exhaust fumes and give me a headache! Maybe they should get rid of them at MK and move them to DHS with a Cars theme. :D

But Fantasyland needs an expansion. My claustrophobia kicks in good while there at around 3pm. :shock:

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Sep Wed 02, 2009 8:43 pm

I would just like to add to this & say that I went to MK yesterday and I started talking w/ a Fantasyland CM. He said that Fantasyland would be having some major rennovations starting January 2010....so that gives a little more validity to this rumor.

Yes CM's don't always know what's going on, but this made me think that it's more likely to be true. Time will tell I guess!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Wed 02, 2009 8:45 pm

disneylizzy wrote:I would just like to add to this & say that I went to MK yesterday and I started talking w/ a Fantasyland CM. He said that Fantasyland would be having some major rennovations starting January 2010....so that gives a little more validity to this rumor.

Yes CM's don't always know what's going on, but this made me think that it's more likely to be true. Time will tell I guess!
Woohoo!!! Yeah, we CMs don't know everything..... but this was a Fantasyland CM, he's bound to be more knowledgeable about a refurb in that area than say an Adventureland CM. :D

I'm excited for this to take place (when and if it does)! It will be fabulous!

CaptainFinz13
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by CaptainFinz13 » Sep Wed 02, 2009 9:09 pm

So Soarin08, are we to infer by your saying the following "we CMs" and "I'm excited for this to take place" that it is happening???
Ah ha!!!

Just kidding. I only wanted to post something so I could see my trip counter below!!! 4 days baby!!!
[code][url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][img]http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/tickers/dkqpb5h892sey8j2.png[/img][/url][/code]

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Wed 02, 2009 9:55 pm

I am honestly happy to hear this. I guess the only way this rumor can be 100% confirmed is to wait until the day when the construction walls go up. However, it is always good to hear some chatter come from the CM's in the area.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Sep Wed 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
disneylizzy wrote:Woohoo!!! Yeah, we CMs don't know everything..... but this was a Fantasyland CM, he's bound to be more knowledgeable about a refurb in that area than say an Adventureland CM. :D
A Fantasyland CM wouldn't know more than, say a Tower of Terror Bellhop. The only people who know for sure are WDI.

Until I hear proof that something is happening (and even after that the plans can change), I'll believe it.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Sep Thu 03, 2009 9:54 am

Yeah I want to hear this kind of official announcement before I believe anything? Wouldn't something like this usually be announced on October 1st?
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Sep Thu 03, 2009 9:57 am

I don't know when they'd announce it but I would figure that it should be soon - people planning their vacations for Jan might be a little put out if a lot of Fantasyland is under construction.

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Sep Thu 03, 2009 10:06 am

We are looking at March for our next trip and now have mixed emotions about the renovations, hope they wait until April......so selfish aren't I!!!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Thu 03, 2009 10:32 am

On our last trip in May, we were surprised at how many buldings on Main St. were being worked on and had a false front. Also, in Liberty Square, they were still working on HoP, that had a false front up as well. It just takes a little bit away from the experience. Hope they don't do this to Fantasyland.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Sep Thu 03, 2009 11:12 am

But I believe Fantasyland could use the refurbishment so I'm all done for it. Remember when Tomorrowland was closed all of 1993-1994?
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Thu 03, 2009 4:31 pm

boilerbabe wrote:On our last trip in May, we were surprised at how many buldings on Main St. were being worked on and had a false front. Also, in Liberty Square, they were still working on HoP, that had a false front up as well. It just takes a little bit away from the experience. Hope they don't do this to Fantasyland.
I have to agree with you on this. I was there Independence week which is supposed to be one of the busiest weeks in summer there. I recall two buildings that had scaffolding up with a false front covering it up. It looked terrible and really ruined a lot of the Main Street experience you get. Also while I was there, they had a ton of scaffolding up around the roof of the Great Ceremonial house at the Poly. It is terrible that they do so much of this work in the busy time of the year. I really wish that Disney would try and get more work done over the slow parts of the year, but I guess when are they really that slow for an extended period of time.

I am hopeful to not see Fantasyland like this if the rumor is true. I know it is really needed badly, but I just hope Diseny comes up with some sort of project that causes minimum interference with the guest's experience.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

briandancer
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by briandancer » Sep Fri 04, 2009 8:33 am

I don't see Disney making a fifth theme park right now, since it would take an enormous amount of cash. Still, we can dream, right? ;)

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Sep Fri 04, 2009 9:04 am

The CM said January would be the start of the rennovations. January is a typically slow month so maybe they're hoping to make some big strides during that month and up until MLK weekend.

I agree that it would be tough having Fantasyland down, but not b/c it would be ugly w/ scaffolding, b/c where would all of those people who were waiting in line for Dumbo go? It would add a lot more crowding to other parts of the park.

But I think that any improvement to the parks is a good thing. Otherwise WDW would become a dinosaur. I'm sure Fantasyland was different when Philharmagic was being added, but I'm sure glad they did it now :)