Eating in Cinderella Castle

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Have you ever eaten in Cinderella Castle

Yes, I do everyday - I'm Cinderella!!!
No votes
Yes, more than once - I wish I was Cinderella ;-)
31%
Yes, once
41%
No, but I would like to
26%
No, and I never would want to
1%

Total votes: 70

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Mar Fri 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Last time we ate there (which was admittedly a few years ago now), the butter was a big medallion with Cinderella's coach on it. I have a picture of it around somewhere. 8-)

I remember the Mickey butter from when I was little though. I haven't seen that in ages. Poor Mickey.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Mar Sat 15, 2008 11:44 am

Maybe I was on a bad day for the cook. My wife and I joined another couple and their kid for breakfast once and I was blown away at the theme, the sights, and the fun the characters brought to the table.

What I didn't like was the food. I don't remember too much about it except I do remember the eggs were really runny.

I think it was worth it just for the amazing sights in the castle and having fun with the characters, (whoever played Jasmine was soooo hot!) maybe lunch or dinner would be better than breakfeast.

"Here you leave today-and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy."
---Walter Elias Disney

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » Mar Sun 16, 2008 6:44 am

I haven't been.. tho I would like to try it sometime. I always hear negative things on the message boards about it, but I hear negative things about a lot of stuff at wdw that my wife and I still like... so I tend to not listen to anyone on the internet, and form my own oppinions once I actually do it myself
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » Mar Mon 17, 2008 6:24 am

Well one of the things you have to remeber about Disney they have a such a rep for everything being perfect oft-times people are more critical of Disney than they would be of any place else.

Also with things on the net you have to read comments carefully, I can't tell you how many products on Amazon I've seen where it's 1 star, and you read there "issue" and it was a delivery problem. Not really anything to do with the item...

If you read this thread you will see it's pretty constant, you have to want to "eat" at the castle, or like me you want to go into the park early and take photos, I love that.

The Food isn't great, it's sorta expensive and the "show" isn't that entertaining.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

mcampato
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by mcampato » Mar Wed 19, 2008 10:26 am

I have eaten there. I was on my graduation trip( yeah I know a 18 guy who loves disney) and my 3 friends and I just walked up and made dinner reservations for 2 days later at 7:30. It was really easy. I have heard that getting in for breakfast is almost harder than actually paying for the trip itself but would love to try it.

tmptnr
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by tmptnr » Mar Thu 20, 2008 12:03 am

I've eatin there dont care to much for the food. probably would not go back... it's just a thing you do once kinda place.

luv2cthemouse

Post by luv2cthemouse » Mar Thu 20, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi,

We did eat there in 2005. It was expensive, but I think every person should do it at least once. Overall it was not a wonderful experience. Several of the princesses were rude :( and the wait for everything was long, but the view and ambiance helped to make up for that.

If you want to eat in the castle, call at exactly your 180+10 day mark about 3 minutes before they open and be on that phone with the CM as soon as they start answering.

Enjoy!

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Mar Fri 21, 2008 3:28 am

luv2cthemouse wrote:Several of the princesses were rude :(
Really? How so? (I'm not questioning you; I mean, I believe you. I'm just curious about what happened. :oops: ) I've never had a run-in with a rude 'face' character.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

luv2cthemouse

Post by luv2cthemouse » Mar Fri 21, 2008 9:14 am

DisBeamer wrote:
luv2cthemouse wrote:Several of the princesses were rude :(
Really? How so? (I'm not questioning you; I mean, I believe you. I'm just curious about what happened. :oops: ) I've never had a run-in with a rude 'face' character.
Hi there,

Our experience with the unpleasant face characters on this particular morning were particularly with Cinderella and Mary Poppins.

When Cinderella came over my daughter obtained her autograph and then was ready for the picture. Cinderella was looking off into the distance (a little distracted) and after about 15 seconds I very politely asking, "are you princesses ready" and Cinderella snapped a "look" back and me and after my daughter getting her picture, she walked off before the others at the table could get a picture.

When Mary Poppins came over it was pretty much the same. Very distracted and ran off before everybody at the table could get a picture.

It could be because they are always so rushed. The guest should not feel the effects of this, however. ;)

secondstar

Post by secondstar » Apr Wed 02, 2008 9:18 pm

Years ago, my wife and I ate dinner at the castle. In 2005, we took our daughter there to meet Cinderella and the other princesses. She was so excited, she didn't eat anything!
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Guy
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Guy » Apr Sat 26, 2008 4:24 am

secondstar wrote:Years ago, my wife and I ate dinner at the castle. In 2005, we took our daughter there to meet Cinderella and the other princesses. She was so excited, she didn't eat anything!
Aww, that's such a nice story!

Many thanks for all of you who have posted on this topic: it's been enlightening!

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Apr Mon 28, 2008 6:18 am

We have eaten in the castle for dinner one time. There were a lot of small kids there when we ate which can sometimes have a negative impact, but the food was good.

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » Apr Mon 28, 2008 7:13 am

We've had breakfast there once, and thought it was fantastic. The brought us: fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese danish, french toast, and a delicious potato casserole.

This year, we had the princess breakfast at Akershus, and though it was similar, we liked it even better.

As an "appetizer," we were allowed to go through a buffet-type line to get fresh fruit and muffins. But, they also had some Norwegian dishes, too (like cold fish stew, and a wonderful tomato-based dish). They also had salami and cheese. It was very different, but very good. Our server then brought out our eggs, bacon, and potato casserole.

Though we thought the Akershus breakfast was better, we wouldn't hesitate to eat at Cindy's castle again.
April, 1998 Coronado Springs
April, 2001 Coronado Springs
January, 2004 All-Star Sports
July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
April, 2006 Pop Century
December, 2006 All-Star Sports
March, 2008 All-Star Movies
April, 2009 All-Star Music
August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort
August, 2014 Off Property - Caribe Royale

Disney Depot
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Disney Depot » Apr Mon 28, 2008 2:09 pm

We ate there once 5 years ago our 25th anniversary and it was good.
The best part was our server asked why we were there with out kids and we told him. He returned with our check and a gift box and wished us a happy 25th.
When we got downstairs we opened the box and found 2 beautiful champagne glasses etched with the castle on them. What a keepsake!
:D Going for our 30th now!!! :D
"You’re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
DW Trips- off site 6/80, 3/88, 4/92, 4/95, 12/97
12/93 - Dixie Landings, 9/94 - Polynesian, 8/96 - Caribbean Beach , 1/99 - All Star Movies, 7/01 - PO Riverside, 5/03 - Beach Club/ DCL, 2/05 - POP , 8/06 - PO Riverside, 12/07 - Caribbean Beach, 5/08 - Coronado Springs, 5/08 - DVC Member
3/09 - SSR 1st trip Home

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Apr Mon 28, 2008 2:46 pm

this may sound odd....but...everytime we have eaten there its like someting is in the way of the view....but then again...there isn't a view. i feel like something is missing but i can never see it cause there seems to be columns in the way. its odd but perhaps i just want some more natural light or perhaps i've been spoiled with other places where there is more to take in. the atmosphere is great...just i don't know...lacking something. but...they have birch beer so who cares. my girls loved it!
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]