7%
other
2%

Total votes: 104

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Sep Fri 03, 2004 11:37 pm

when did they do away with Journey into Imagination? I was there in 2002 and it was up and running (with Eric Idle of Monty Python fame as the Professor). seemed fairly popular too as we were there during the off season and it was STILL a 20 minute wait to get on...

js3901

Post by js3901 » Sep Sat 04, 2004 12:22 am

Disneyfan wrote:I have one more that I sorely miss, the original Walter Cronkite narration in Spaceship Earth. The replacement (I don't even know who that is) does not create 1/10th of the same effect. Some changes are not improvements! :(
It's Jeremy Irons who does the narration now.

amychester

Post by amychester » Oct Sun 10, 2004 5:50 pm

Disneyfan wrote:My kids can have the Incredible Hulk at Universal Islands of Adventure, somehow I cannot imagine that 25 years from now they will be typing at their computers and humming to the beat of the Hulk! :shock:
That's the truth! Ask any WDW fan, however, to sing "If you had wings" and I bet they could - 20 years later!

gb

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Tue 12, 2004 4:10 pm

I have just caught up with this topic after being away for awhile. Except for the barf bag tangent, I really like this thread.

I have to say I have nothing against Mission: Space. But they could've wedged it in between Horizons and Test Track. My understanding is they used the excuse of some structural issues with the Horizons show building as a reason to tear down the whole thing. But we all know, when a corp sponsor goes away... it's just a matter of time. Let's pray Spaceship Earth becomes the exception to the rule.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Oct Tue 12, 2004 4:56 pm

By your name, I'm sure you grieve the loss of Horizons the most. :)

It's sad to see such a classic go. Again, WDW has the space. They should only add and not replace.

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Dec Wed 01, 2004 3:42 pm

I miss Hoizions! :(

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Dec Wed 01, 2004 4:05 pm

subsonic wrote:It's sad to see such a classic go. Again, WDW has the space. They should only add and not replace.
Said so well - the space is there behind the scenes to expand. They screwed up on all three when they replaced them. The new return of Figment is half-hearted at best and leave Eric to Monty Python, he just doesn't work with the ride. And while Test Track is good [not good enough to replace WOM] they absolutely messed up on Mission: Space. And if they ever mess with Spaceship Earth they will have a lot of mad fans to answer to - me being up in the front of the line.

I just hope they don't screw up The Land too much when they work on it this spring to bring Soarin' [another example of the lack of creativity, the ride is great but why copy CA where there is a whole world out there to choose from? I know, the bottom line but still...]. The hot air balloons, the Sunshine Food Fair, etc. are all classic parts of the pavillion and I hope they don't "update" it...

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Dec Wed 01, 2004 5:06 pm

man, i dont think remember any of those rides. the only memory i have of it now is the music and audio provided by this site of course. its like bridging the gap between disney generations..or something.

speaking of "if you had wings", didnt some of the lyrics go "you could have cheap...have cheap" ?
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Dec Sun 05, 2004 12:18 pm

Disneynut wrote:I miss Hoizions! :(
opps, I mean Horizons. :oops:

G2-4T

Post by G2-4T » Dec Sun 05, 2004 12:23 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:speaking of "if you had wings", didnt some of the lyrics go "you could have cheap...have cheap" ?
That one is before my time [through Dreamflight isn't!] but I seem to recall one of the tracks from the loading areas have those lyrics...

Ciciwoowoo

Post by Ciciwoowoo » Dec Sun 05, 2004 1:33 pm

I loved all these rides, but I'm such a Figment fan that you know which was my fav!

I was glad to see they brought him back recently. Now if they could just give us the ability to imagine the Dreamfinder back into the sequence, we'll be all set! :)

bigboodah71
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by bigboodah71 » Dec Thu 16, 2004 2:20 pm

I wish Disney would make a fifth park of "Extinct Attractions"

At Epcot, I miss the World of Motion the most because it was one of my fathers favorite rides...

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » Dec Thu 16, 2004 4:23 pm

That would be so cool :)

Like the guy's website. Call it Yesterland. Kids would probably find it so boring though. It would be a bunch of omni-mover style rides. :)
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

G2-4T

Post by G2-4T » Dec Thu 16, 2004 4:29 pm

That would be fun - and since when are omni-movers boring? The kids still flock to HM and Buzz and they are on omni-mover systems!

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Mission Space

Post by Fantasrick » Dec Fri 17, 2004 7:03 pm

I was hoping that Mission Space would use a different technique than in employs to simulate weightlessness. The whole centerfuge thing is a bit of a ripoff.