You know you're a WDW nut when...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Goofyfan wrote:When one of your co workers are headed to Disney and you wonder if they have suit case big enough to stow away in......And in my case...A big suit case. LOL :lol: :goofy:
boilerbabe wrote:...I have thought about if possible to stow away in someone's luggage many times...only to Disney, of course! I think it would be worth it!!! :lol:
I briefly considered it with my niece heading down there today...but then I thought about dealing not only with the crowds at New Years, but my soon to be ex-sister-in-law...hard to tell which is scarier :shock:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Sun 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Amy wrote:
Goofyfan wrote:When one of your co workers are headed to Disney and you wonder if they have suit case big enough to stow away in......And in my case...A big suit case. LOL :lol: :goofy:
boilerbabe wrote:...I have thought about if possible to stow away in someone's luggage many times...only to Disney, of course! I think it would be worth it!!! :lol:
I briefly considered it with my niece heading down there today...but then I thought about dealing not only with the crowds at New Years, but my soon to be ex-sister-in-law...hard to tell which is scarier :shock:
With the weather we're having currently, I would take the crowds! A soon to be ex SIL though, tough call!!! :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 29, 2013 4:46 pm

boilerbabe wrote:With the weather we're having currently, I would take the crowds! A soon to be ex SIL though, tough call!!! :shock:
You just keep your weather over that way! It has been super gloomy today but no precipitation...yet. Oh yeah, I'd rather deal with the crowds!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Dec Sun 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:With the weather we're having currently, I would take the crowds! A soon to be ex SIL though, tough call!!! :shock:
You just keep your weather over that way! It has been super gloomy today but no precipitation...yet. Oh yeah, I'd rather deal with the crowds!
Ex family members can be a real drag...
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Dec Mon 30, 2013 10:49 am

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Ex family members can be a real drag...
Along the lines of dealing with crappy weather and ex family...I am actually thinking about home schooling my kids starting next year so I can live in FL in Dec and Jan and get away from the horrible New England winters!!! I would stay with my ex mother-in-law because we still have a really good relationship. Oh the dreams we dream.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Dec Mon 30, 2013 11:47 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:
Along the lines of dealing with crappy weather and ex family...I am actually thinking about home schooling my kids starting next year so I can live in FL in Dec and Jan and get away from the horrible New England winters!!! I would stay with my ex mother-in-law because we still have a really good relationship. Oh the dreams we dream.
On a few occasions I've considered homeschooling my children. My older daughter and I would have been fine - in fact, when I was still teaching, she was in my class her sophomore year and it went (I think) fairly well. However, my younger daughter and I would always be at odds. As I put it, one of us would die, and since I'm bigger... Yeah. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Dec Mon 30, 2013 11:54 am

cy1229 wrote:
jlpeaches255 wrote:
On a few occasions I've considered homeschooling my children. My older daughter and I would have been fine - in fact, when I was still teaching, she was in my class her sophomore year and it went (I think) fairly well. However, my younger daughter and I would always be at odds. As I put it, one of us would die, and since I'm bigger... Yeah. :lol:
LoL yes this is what I fear with my kids. My daughter is a hard worker and very focused. My son...one of us would die and I am NOT bigger than him any more hahaha

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 30, 2013 4:57 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
jlpeaches255 wrote:
LoL yes this is what I fear with my kids. My daughter is a hard worker and very focused. My son...one of us would die and I am NOT bigger than him any more hahaha
That would be great! Does your ex-mil live near WDW?
I seen both good and bad examples of homeschooling with my piano students. Most of what I considered a bad situation eventually ended up in public schools.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 31, 2013 2:43 pm

You would consider braving the crowds at WDW for New Year's Eve! :shock:
I saw a few photos at the parks today and can't help but wonder how my niece and her Mom are getting along. My sis-in-law is notoriously late, impatient, and ill-tempered so I can't imagine they will fare well in the crowds today, if they even made it to the parks before they close to new guests :shock:

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Wed 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Amy wrote:You would consider braving the crowds at WDW for New Year's Eve! :shock:
I saw a few photos at the parks today and can't help but wonder how my niece and her Mom are getting along. My sis-in-law is notoriously late, impatient, and ill-tempered so I can't imagine they will fare well in the crowds today, if they even made it to the parks before they close to new guests :shock:

Give them Mickey Ears ice cream.....that would cure me in a heart beat....or a Dole Whip. :lol: :goofy:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 01, 2014 8:03 pm

Goofyfan wrote:
Amy wrote:You would consider braving the crowds at WDW for New Year's Eve! :shock:
Give them Mickey Ears ice cream.....that would cure me in a heart beat....or a Dole Whip. :lol: :goofy:
Did you see the picture of the line for Dole Whips? That was incredibly long as well!

susanm
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by susanm » Jan Wed 08, 2014 10:45 am

:mickey3:

or when people dont even ask where you are going when you put in for time off...

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Wed 08, 2014 3:30 pm

susanm wrote::mickey3:

or when people dont even ask where you are going when you put in for time off...
Every time I put in for more than 3 days of vacation, I have people ask me if I am going to WDW. Sadly, I have to tell them no most of the time.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Jan Sat 11, 2014 8:04 am

theBIGyowski wrote:
susanm wrote::mickey3:

Every time I put in for more than 3 days of vacation, I have people ask me if I am going to WDW. Sadly, I have to tell them no most of the time.
My kids get this question anytime they are out of school for more than 2 days.

DisneyTrained
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by DisneyTrained » Jan Sat 11, 2014 6:08 pm

...you calculate how far you are from property every time you move. I'm now just 11.9 (west entrance) to 15.2 (east entrance) miles from property. :mickey: