Disney Tastes

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by MmeLeota » May Fri 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Hmmm...tastes, huh? Well, there's always the Dole Whip (but hubby and I both said that our WDW DW had a different taste than the ones we used to get from DL...I don't understand why).
There are a couple from DL that I'd like to share even though this is a WDW topic. There were these nachos you used to be able to get from Cucina Cucamonga in DCA and they were big enough for us to split so we would get those and a bag of cinnamon crisps. They also had sliced granny smith apples with caramel at the Strips & Dips place also at DCA and the broccoli cheese soup in a breadbowl from Pacific Wharf. The other taste we used to have was the monte cristo sandwich from the Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans, however, over the years it has changed and doesn't hold the same meaning for us anymore. Water from blue Bayou is some of the best water in the park! I don't know why...we always joked that it was POTC water. :lol: Also, we used to buy the small packs of Walker's shortbread cookies.

For WDW, the chips (fries) from the UK Pavilion for some reason are the best! Cupcakes always seem to taste better with Disney magic!

Though it's easily made at home, a rice crispy treat is always better on Disney property!

...oh great! I'm hungry now... :?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 25, 2012 8:10 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Hmmm...tastes, huh? Well, there's always the Dole Whip (but hubby and I both said that our WDW DW had a different taste than the ones we used to get from DL...I don't understand why).
There are a couple from DL that I'd like to share even though this is a WDW topic. There were these nachos you used to be able to get from Cucina Cucamonga in DCA and they were big enough for us to split so we would get those and a bag of cinnamon crisps. They also had sliced granny smith apples with caramel at the Strips & Dips place also at DCA and the broccoli cheese soup in a breadbowl from Pacific Wharf. The other taste we used to have was the monte cristo sandwich from the Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans, however, over the years it has changed and doesn't hold the same meaning for us anymore. Water from blue Bayou is some of the best water in the park! I don't know why...we always joked that it was POTC water. :lol: Also, we used to buy the small packs of Walker's shortbread cookies.

For WDW, the chips (fries) from the UK Pavilion for some reason are the best! Cupcakes always seem to taste better with Disney magic!

Though it's easily made at home, a rice crispy treat is always better on Disney property!
Oh my goodness, the soups in the bread bowls at DCA were awesome!! Easily one of the best meals we had at DL :D
I wonder if the Dole Whips taste different because of the differences in water between Cali and Florida? Is the DW made from a mix with the water? That might account for the differences perhaps.
...oh great! I'm hungry now... :?

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » May Sat 26, 2012 7:08 am

Amy wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:Casey's hot dogs and ANYTHING from Liberty Tree Tavern!!! Loved the desert so much last year i brought home the recipe!!! Tony's spagetti is awesome too!!! they really know how to feed you well at wdw!! :D
What was the dessert? Is it an easy recipe to make?
It was the apple crisp cake and it was easy to make I think you can get the recipe online!

leblanan

Post by leblanan » May Mon 28, 2012 10:48 am

Years ago they had a bakery at Downtown Disney (back when it was called the village marketplace) that had the best chocolate croissants. They were big and overly stuffed with chocolate with chocolate icing on top. I know they still sell chocolate croissants at various spots today, but these are nothing in comparison to what they used to sell there years ago. They were delicious.
"now, bring me that horizon"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 28, 2012 12:32 pm

leblanan wrote:Years ago they had a bakery at Downtown Disney (back when it was called the village marketplace) that had the best chocolate croissants. They were big and overly stuffed with chocolate with chocolate icing on top. I know they still sell chocolate croissants at various spots today, but these are nothing in comparison to what they used to sell there years ago. They were delicious.
Mmmm, that sounds delicious! First thing today that has sounded good with the 95 degree (35 C) heat :shock:

DemonOfMusic
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DemonOfMusic » May Mon 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Nothing compares to a Mickey's Premium Bar. :mickey: Also, anything from Beaches N Cream is lovely. I hope that after my next trip I can put Dole Whip on my list!!
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » May Tue 29, 2012 10:59 am

DemonOfMusic wrote:Nothing compares to a Mickey's Premium Bar. :mickey: Also, anything from Beaches N Cream is lovely. I hope that after my next trip I can put Dole Whip on my list!!
Yes we wanted to do the Dole Whip this time too but when we made it around there I think we were already full from our desserts that we got from our dining plan....sweet gluttony :)

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » May Tue 29, 2012 6:18 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
DemonOfMusic wrote:Nothing compares to a Mickey's Premium Bar. :mickey: Also, anything from Beaches N Cream is lovely. I hope that after my next trip I can put Dole Whip on my list!!
Yes we wanted to do the Dole Whip this time too but when we made it around there I think we were already full from our desserts that we got from our dining plan....sweet gluttony :)
I didn't even know about Dole Whips until joining this site, and I'm seriously in awe that I could be missing this! I don't know when the next time I'll go to Disney is, but it's at the top of my to-do list!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 29, 2012 6:48 pm

DemonOfMusic wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
I didn't even know about Dole Whips until joining this site, and I'm seriously in awe that I could be missing this! I don't know when the next time I'll go to Disney is, but it's at the top of my to-do list!
Hopefully you'll like them. I had never had one until they were hyped and then offered at the inaugural Mayhem Marauder's Meet and Greet (thanks Mouskecouple!) I wasn't a fan :( but I liked the rum :mrgreen: ;)

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » May Tue 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Definately the Dole Whips and Lamb Shank from the Marakeeshe :wink: :D :goofy:

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » May Wed 30, 2012 6:47 am

Amy wrote:Hopefully you'll like them. I had never had one until they were hyped and then offered at the inaugural Mayhem Marauder's Meet and Greet (thanks Mouskecouple!) I wasn't a fan :( but I liked the rum :mrgreen: ;)
The flavors sound like something I'd really enjoy, but now I'm worried that I've set my expectations too high :? But I'm sorry you didn't like them! That's the first time I've heard anyone say that! Maybe I'll give the rum thing a try (once I'm legal, that is... :wink: )

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » May Wed 30, 2012 7:27 am

DemonOfMusic wrote:
Amy wrote:Hopefully you'll like them. I had never had one until they were hyped and then offered at the inaugural Mayhem Marauder's Meet and Greet (thanks Mouskecouple!) I wasn't a fan :( but I liked the rum :mrgreen: ;)
The flavors sound like something I'd really enjoy, but now I'm worried that I've set my expectations too high :? But I'm sorry you didn't like them! That's the first time I've heard anyone say that! Maybe I'll give the rum thing a try (once I'm legal, that is... :wink: )
According to this link http://www.onlywdworld.com/2010/01/dole ... -most.html, you can order a mix to make the Dole Whip concoction in your own ice cream freezer! We have one of those... in fact the girls asked to make ice cream today. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Wed 30, 2012 8:44 am

DOLE WHIPS OMG. Best thing ever in frozen form!!! :mrgreen:

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » May Thu 31, 2012 12:18 pm

DemonOfMusic wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
We've been there before but I just had the pineapple juice but I really wanted to try the Dole Whip this time around. Oh well! I'm kind of thinking like you that we don't know when we'll be going back but hopefully soon and I will have to push myself to get one even if I had just had dessert :lol:

y2kxmaskids
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by y2kxmaskids » May Thu 31, 2012 7:03 pm

I took my family to WDW last summer. Their first dining experience was in Mexico. The look on their faces when we went in and ate under the volcano - priceless. A cast member was playing the castenettes (sp?) in the shopping area and it added to ambiance. The food was good too. :)