Eating in Cinderella Castle

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Have you ever eaten in Cinderella Castle

Yes, I do everyday - I'm Cinderella!!!
No votes
Yes, more than once - I wish I was Cinderella ;-)
31%
Yes, once
41%
No, but I would like to
26%
No, and I never would want to
1%

Total votes: 70

TheCheshireStitch
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by TheCheshireStitch » Mar Mon 03, 2008 1:13 pm

yea, my hubby and i don't do the breakfast. our dinners have always been around 5. dunno if that's less busy or what?
DVC member SSR, Annual Passholder

Disney pin trading nut!

Hubby and I are Disney fanatics! Visit "the world" 3 times a year. <3

:ccat: :jack: :figment:

jcodirewolf
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jcodirewolf » Mar Mon 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Another trick is that once you are on property (able to use the WDW PBX) you hit the magic Dinning button, and you can call 6am instead of 7am, and they release some "heldback" tables in the morning.

It's so well known as a "hard ticket" to get a lot of people don't even try... but if you do that you should be willing to pretty much make the ADR and walk out the door heading to MK.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

meticulus9
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by meticulus9 » Mar Tue 04, 2008 8:09 pm

dinners are much easier to get into than breakfast. if you are going during a busy time of year, it will be very hard to find reservations, but sometimes its possible to get lucky @ lunch or dinner

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Mar Tue 04, 2008 8:32 pm

I ate there once for my birthday, I cant remember which one it was... maybe my 12th... But I do remember what I ate! Plus the little cake : )

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Mar Wed 05, 2008 8:49 am

The setting is amazing - we've been there on many occsasions (no desire to be Cinderella, though). We'd go back again anytime - it's important to book it 180 days in advance!
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

wharf1940
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by wharf1940 » Mar Thu 06, 2008 8:50 am

I proposed to my wife there, at table 16 (the window table). Thank god they write will you marry me on the plate because when I hit my knee, I went mute!!

Bonehead me didn't realize how far in advance the restaurant booked, so I had to enlist the help of a castmember friend to secure my reservation, but almost anyone can get a dinner reservation on short notice unless it's total chaos peak season. just be persistent and call early every day, you won't be able to do too much for any day except that one (no advance reservations, I made mine for 5 days out, but that was sheer luck..), but there are always cancellations and this is disney, string-pulling capital of the world. Befriend a cast member, not a ride operator or gift shop attendant (no offense) but rather someone who is a lead waiter or bartender in one of the nice restaurants, or a concierge in one of the expensive hotels.

as for the food.....OK, service was TERRIFIC, but the atmosphere was freaking IHOP or friendly's or something, loud obnoxious brats everywhere, not what I'd expect for a 100 dollar meal. Will probably be forced to do it again, but would rather not!!
and the number one hardest thing to find in Walt Disney World is.....5 consecutive smiling children!!
"excuse me, that is NOT a designated smoking area, now would you PLEASE kindly take your fat white trash hiney OUT of MY park!! Thank you!!"
Brian and Simone, 2-14-08, at Disney's Wedding Pavillion

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » Mar Thu 06, 2008 10:36 am

Yea they ALWAYS hold back a table or two for "issues". If you capacity book, or forbid over book, something like the castle counting on cancellations/no shows you are looking at a lot of unhappy guests. So they hold back a few tables, in hopes the hold back will cover the issues, then they can fill those with walk-ups IF they don't need them.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

SlueFootSue
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by SlueFootSue » Mar Thu 06, 2008 1:25 pm

I love the show in the Castle, but I am extremely bias because I worked there! lol I do really love the food though, especially the pasta. If you want to see Princesses you can still go there for breakfast or lunch. The show is only at dinner time. :mickey:
If you reach for the stars all you get are the stars but we found a whole new spin
If you reach for the Heavens
you get the stars thrown in

tiggerrrrrr
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by tiggerrrrrr » Mar Thu 13, 2008 9:12 pm

I took my 16 year old princess DD and her friend the first year of the free dining promotion. I have to say it was the most memorable meal we've ever had at WDW. The service was superb, the food was excellent. This was before they made it a character dinner and 2 dining credits. So for 1 credit and for free it was the dinner of a lifetime.

Guy

Post by Guy » Mar Fri 14, 2008 7:10 am

jcodirewolf wrote:Another trick is that once you are on property (able to use the WDW PBX) you hit the magic Dinning button, and you can call 6am instead of 7am, and they release some "heldback" tables in the morning.

johno
What the WDW PBX?

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » Mar Fri 14, 2008 7:39 am

WDW == Walt Disney World
PBX == Private Branch Exchange

It's what a private phone switch is commonly referred to as. Unless you have a the magic number to access the switch from the outside (which I don't, and not sure they have one but most places do) you have to have a phone that is "wired" into it, which means a Disney house/property phone.

johno

Guy

Post by Guy » Mar Fri 14, 2008 8:22 am

Right - so are there boxes around the parks then or do you have to be in a hotel?

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » Mar Fri 14, 2008 10:32 am

I know there are phones in the resort lobbies that have the magic button to connect you to Dining reservations, I don't THINK there are any in the parks.

But then what Guests are in the parks at 6am (unless you are stay at the castle, and I bet Guest Services can do it for you)? My whole point was at from 6am-7am Dining Reservations is open but you can only get to them if you are on an "internal" phone.

I guess if you head over to the CR at 5:55am and hang in the lobby till 6am you could use the ones there to get though. Although if Disney worried about that they could block the lobby house phones till 7am, which I've never tested so I don't know if they do or not.

johno

Guy

Post by Guy » Mar Fri 14, 2008 10:46 am

Thanks for the info - this could prove useful next time we are there!

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Mar Fri 14, 2008 6:48 pm

AtticBride wrote:I ate there only once when it was King Stephan and I remember that I didn't like the food all that much, but I loved the decor. I think the best part was the Mickey shaped butter! I'm ok with eating there once, but I would be up for trying it again. :)
The butter is the one thing I remember! Do they still have that?
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.