Snap Your Fingers and you are at . . . . . .

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Snap Your Fingers and you are at . . . . . .

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jul Sat 07, 2012 9:20 pm

DisneySpin wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote: Oh no problem hey when you get a memory like that i would go with it too. I've always wondered how our trip with our kids would be if we had extended family with us.
I think we were very fortunate at the time we were doing trips like I described; there was just the one Park, the aunts and uncles were in their 30's and very energetic, cousins ranged from 5-12 yrs old, and the crowds weren't nearly the size we see at the U.S. parks today. I mention all those factors because I feel they added up to such good trips for us. Everyone, regardless of age, wanted to see the same things, and my Grandmother was always available to sit with whatever child felt intimidated by a ride. Now, there are just so many choices, I always see families splitting up and arranging to meet up again later. Nothing wrong with that, just different, more complex times. I think an extended family would still have a wonderful time, sure great photos, laughs, and memories.
Yeah now there's more parks and I can see conflict of some wanting to do different things and going in different directions or trying to stay together and just do everything whether you want to or not. I just wonder if I talk myself out of doing things like this to avoid such conflicts and then in turn miss out. We saw a lot of grandparents this last time around. That would really be a help with kids I'm sure. It really sounds like y'all had some great fun and memories :mickey:

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Jul Sun 08, 2012 7:24 am

SNAP...I am leaving the Wilderness Lodge for an early morning run over to and through Fort Wilderness, a lap around the Fort Wilderness parking lot and then back to the Wilderness Lodge. That is about my favorite part of the day...an early morning run while most people are still asleep or just starting to wake up.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 08, 2012 8:42 am

cccmouse wrote:SNAP...I am leaving the Wilderness Lodge for an early morning run over to and through Fort Wilderness, a lap around the Fort Wilderness parking lot and then back to the Wilderness Lodge. That is about my favorite part of the day...an early morning run while most people are still asleep or just starting to wake up.
Hmmm, now there's a thought. I'm not a runner but I could be one in snap world :idea: ......nah, I think I'll head over to Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square and pick up something yummy looking for breakfast ~ maybe one of those waffle, nutella and fruit sandwiches! Yummmy! Calories don't count in snap world either ;) :lol:

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 9:06 am

Amy wrote:
cccmouse wrote:SNAP...I am leaving the Wilderness Lodge for an early morning run over to and through Fort Wilderness, a lap around the Fort Wilderness parking lot and then back to the Wilderness Lodge. That is about my favorite part of the day...an early morning run while most people are still asleep or just starting to wake up.
Hmmm, now there's a thought. I'm not a runner but I could be one in snap world :idea: ......nah, I think I'll head over to Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square and pick up something yummy looking for breakfast ~ maybe one of those waffle, nutella and fruit sandwiches! Yummmy! Calories don't count in snap world either ;) :lol:
Now you made me hungry I'll join you there for some funnel cake.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 9:21 am

Did someone say funnel cake??? :mrgreen:

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by figmentaholic » Jul Sun 08, 2012 9:50 am

Soarin08 wrote:Did someone say funnel cake??? :mrgreen:

Funnel cake... what? I will be honest, I have never had a funnel cake at Disney.. I have always been worried that the gulls will get it.. I have seem them divebomb guests.. :)
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 08, 2012 10:17 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Now you made me hungry I'll join you there for some funnel cake.
Oh my! I didn't know they had funnel cake too! I really will have to visit there next time!!
Let's see, that makes Sleepy, Soarin' and figmentaholic and me for funnel cakes this morning. Think I might need to snap on over to the atm to get some more money ;) :lol:

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 11:02 am

Amy wrote:Oh my! I didn't know they had funnel cake too! I really will have to visit there next time!!
Let's see, that makes Sleepy, Soarin' and figmentaholic and me for funnel cakes this morning. Think I might need to snap on over to the atm to get some more money ;) :lol:
No need Amy it is snap world so we can all be on the quick service dining plan and get them as a snack. Of course this only works at Sleepy Hollow the little kiosk at Epcot does.not do them as snacks. :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 11:28 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
Amy wrote:Oh my! I didn't know they had funnel cake too! I really will have to visit there next time!!
No need Amy it is snap world so we can all be on the quick service dining plan and get them as a snack. Of course this only works at Sleepy Hollow the little kiosk at Epcot does.not do them as snacks. :D
Are you kidding, in the snap world, it's free! :mrgreen:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 08, 2012 11:34 am

Soarin08 wrote:
Sleepy90 wrote:
Are you kidding, in the snap world, it's free! :mrgreen:
Ahhhh, good points all! I know about the EPCOT funnel cakes Sleepy ~ that is the first time I had seen that kiosk and was looking forward to having a funnel cake as a snack :( I didn't want to spend $7 to buy one though...now I know about Sleepy Hollow!! :D

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 12:27 pm

why is it that some kiosks will let you do certain things as snacks and some won't? I thought it was all uniform when it comes to that but found out it's not!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 12:36 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:why is it that some kiosks will let you do certain things as snacks and some won't? I thought it was all uniform when it comes to that but found out it's not!
You know what else it is? CMs who don't know crap. That's what it is. And will tell you anything to get rid of you. Sorry to be blunt but it's true. Disney isn't as thorough with training food and beverage CMs as it could be.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:why is it that some kiosks will let you do certain things as snacks and some won't? I thought it was all uniform when it comes to that but found out it's not!
You know what else it is? CMs who don't know crap. That's what it is. And will tell you anything to get rid of you. Sorry to be blunt but it's true. Disney isn't as thorough with training food and beverage CMs as it could be.
It does seem weird that some things are snacks at one place on the DDP, and then aren't considered a snack at another place. I learned the best thing to do was ask. And as Soarin' pointed out, you might need to ask a few times, or tell them that you were allowed to do it before. It all comes down to whether or not that particular CM decides you can or can't though...
The kiosk outside the American Adventure Pavilion has a very clear sign stating that funnel cakes are not considered a snack for the DDP though. So I imagine that helps cut down on the confusion there.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
It does seem weird that some things are snacks at one place on the DDP, and then aren't considered a snack at another place. I learned the best thing to do was ask. And as Soarin' pointed out, you might need to ask a few times, or tell them that you were allowed to do it before. It all comes down to whether or not that particular CM decides you can or can't though...
The kiosk outside the American Adventure Pavilion has a very clear sign stating that funnel cakes are not considered a snack for the DDP though. So I imagine that helps cut down on the confusion there.
Most CMs don't understand the DDP nor do they actually take the time to learn it. I had a training course on it in 2009 and was made to all but memorise each of the plans, the entitlements, pricing, etc. I can still spiel it all to this day. The best thing to do is ask and if they don't want to help, don't hesitate to talk to a leader. Disney would rather that happen than a blow-up over something silly.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Sep Thu 27, 2012 10:16 am

Resurrecting this thread out of sheer necessity.

*snap* I'm sitting on a bench somewhere on the World Showcase Lagoon. It's a breezy 75 degrees Fahrenheit, and I can just take it all in.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That's better.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016