Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: AVATAR coming to WDW

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 04, 2011 7:31 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:(In my best KIRK)MUST NOT WRITE IT!! MUST MAINTAIN!!Image
Wow, seems like avatarland is getting someone a little worked up...hang in there buddy, you'll be hanging out with your little blue peeps in just a few years. Try to hold back the excitement :evil:
Who's Kirk anywhoodle?
Captain Kirk!!! AMIES!!! Have you no respect!!!
Captain Kirk :? Did he drive that Love Boat thingie? :?

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Oct Tue 04, 2011 7:58 pm

mindflipper wrote:My, we're getting precariously close to crossing that PG boundary... :lol:

Well, we can try to remain positive that AVATAR land at AK will turn out to be better than we all dread...
Well considering the Great Movie Ride features Alien, and then highlights, from several R rated films, not to mention the Pirate films were turned into PG-13 movies I'd say we're past that stage.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Ooohh can we get something from the director of Aliens or the Abyss? :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Tue 04, 2011 8:44 pm

Amy.....!!! You don't know who Captain Kirk was??!!! What planet are you from, anyway????!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Amy.....!!! You don't know who Captain Kirk was??!!! What planet are you from, anyway????!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Shhh, I'm working on getting Jacca's goat! :twisted: Sadly, yes, I am old enough to have watched Star Trek in it's heydey ~ not the originals, but the reruns ~ I'm not that old :roll: :lol: ...but I liked the Love Boat better :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Tue 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Amy wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Amy.....!!! You don't know who Captain Kirk was??!!! What planet are you from, anyway????!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Shhh, I'm working on getting Jacca's goat! :twisted: Sadly, yes, I am old enough to have watched Star Trek in it's heydey ~ not the originals, but the reruns! ...but I liked the Love Boat better :D
Well, okay... I thought that might be it... but I had to act all freaked out, just in case. :lol:
The Love Boat???? Oy....!!!!! Well, okay... I admit... I watched it as a kid... and actually liked it back then (cowering in shame....). :oops:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
Amy wrote:
Shhh, I'm working on getting Jacca's goat! :twisted: Sadly, yes, I am old enough to have watched Star Trek in it's heydey ~ not the originals, but the reruns! ...but I liked the Love Boat better :D
Well, okay... I thought that might be it... but I had to act all freaked out, just in case. :lol:
The Love Boat???? Oy....!!!!! Well, okay... I admit... I watched it as a kid... and actually liked it back then (cowering in shame....). :oops:
Oh yeah, I knew it! Most of those shows wouldn't be all that great nowadays ~ sheesh, I sound like an old codger :roll: but they were pretty darn funny back then. Plus I really could see myself as Capt. Steubing's daughter, living on the high seas :D
Back on topic...sort of...I really don't know anything about Avatar, just that they were blue...that's why I shall take a wait and see attitude toward the new land...

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Tue 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Amy wrote:...I really don't know anything about Avatar, just that they were blue...that's why I shall take a wait and see attitude toward the new land...
What...?????!!!!!! :shock:
Okay... listen up, Chica. I've always kinda prided myself on not being a big "pop culture" kinda guy, but even I know all about Avatar!! You just need to break down and rent it (or buy it) so you'll know what it's all about (for the record, I do like it... I have the whole "director's-cut-collector's-edition" on Blu-Ray...). :wink:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 04, 2011 9:23 pm

As a very, very, very young child, I Loved the Love Boat!!! Fantasy Island was great also. Remember...The Plain Boss, The plain. Apparently the little guy, Tattoo I think, didn't like peanuts. I remember the Brady Bunch...in reruns!!
(In a sing song voice) Amy can't get my goat, Amy can't get my goat, Amy can't get my goat!! :lol: :P :twisted:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Tue 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
Amy wrote:...I really don't know anything about Avatar, just that they were blue...that's why I shall take a wait and see attitude toward the new land...
What...?????!!!!!! :shock:
Okay... listen up, Chica. I've always kinda prided myself on not being a big "pop culture" kinda guy, but even I know all about Avatar!! You just need to break down and rent it (or buy it) so you'll know what it's all about (for the record, I do like it... I have the whole "director's-cut-collector's-edition" on Blu-Ray...). :wink:
...or, Amy, you could hold tight because by the time AVATAR opens up at DAK some years from now the movie is bound to be shown over and over as it pops up on different cable channels during that time. Just wait till then and save your $ on renting something else (like Pixar's UP, maybe)...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 04, 2011 9:44 pm

She won't like it...she's a girl :P

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 04, 2011 10:15 pm

Mousekedude wrote:What...?????!!!!!! :shock:
That's not something to be proud of, it's like saying you're proud that you don't use immunizations. :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Tue 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:She won't like it...she's a girl :P
Maybe that's why I didn't like it... no, why I HATED it. :wink:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:She won't like it...she's a girl :P
Maybe that's why I didn't like it... no, why I HATED it. :wink:
GIRLS!!! :roll: :P :wink:

PS They have cooties!!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Wed 05, 2011 12:04 am

Hey, to all those who HATE the film, let's be fair - it's a long, long film that's bound to put you asleep before its over. Great way to solve that bit of insomnia...