Fantasyland Rumor

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jul Tue 21, 2009 10:52 am

MW1218 wrote:It was a book before it was a movie. :roll: And I think it would fit in the AK for the same reason that Everest does.......SPOILER in the link, if you don't want to know about the Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction!!!!

http://www.tdrfan.com/tds/mysterious_is ... /index.htm
I am aware that it was a book first, I just assumed that disney would base the ride on the movie (which is loosely based on the book)
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Jul Tue 21, 2009 11:19 am

boilerbabe wrote:So would BK be a part of AK or are they trying to plan a new park?!?!
It would be part of Animal Kingdom, just like Tomorrowland is a park of the Magic Kingdom.

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » Jul Tue 21, 2009 11:20 am

boilerbabe wrote:So would BK be a part of AK or are they trying to plan a new park?!?!

ya, BK would be a part of AK. Tho according to the rumor, it's not anything like it was supposed to be, other then the fact it'll be based on mythical animals

here's an article on wikipedia that explains what the original BK was supposed to be if it had been built. Also, it was to be built where Camp Minnie Mickey now resides

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney's_A ... ly_Kingdom

BK is also why there is/was?(don't remember if they removed it) a dragon on the AK logo.

Last edited by skull on Jul Tue 21, 2009 11:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Tue 21, 2009 11:28 am

Interesting! I never noticed or saw that logo with the dragon on there!

josedolfan
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by josedolfan » Jul Tue 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Any increase in capacity would be an improvement to Fantasyland. The crowds have outgrown the space. We were there a few weeks ago. An hour after opening all you could see was a sea of people. During the heat of the day many persons were trying to find a little shade and huddled under the few umbrella tables beside dumbo. Not much shade and the heat index was like 115.

ckc0915
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by ckc0915 » Jul Tue 21, 2009 10:12 pm

here is a question that popped into my head while reading about the rumors today.

where are the backstage costuming areas?? the characters have to have room to get from their attractions to a backstage area where they can change, take breaks, get ready to go on stage?
looking at the map, cinderella, aurora and fairies have no way to get backstage.
i was a CM in Fantasyland, there are no tunnel entrances in the new areas. closest one is behind Village Haus Restrooms, close to where Belle's attraction would be.
toontown cast had to take a bus to tunnel entrance.
i wonder how this would be addressed? :?
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1277622036.jpg[/img]

skull

Post by skull » Jul Wed 22, 2009 5:13 am

I wonder if they would add on to the the tunnels...If these blueprints are true, with the amount of construction needed, it may be worth it to them to do that
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

ckc0915

Post by ckc0915 » Jul Wed 22, 2009 7:24 am

i would think they would have too add to tunnels, even if the princess "lands" were divided by walls with some type of walkway in between, they would still have a long way to go to get down there. i just cant imagine that they would want the face characters to have to walk to their areas from Village Haus or the other entrance by Pooh.
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1277622036.jpg[/img]

CaptainFinz13
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by CaptainFinz13 » Jul Wed 22, 2009 8:37 am

I think the plans seem great, I just wonder how they would do all this construction. Would they just shut down Fantasyland (which seems unlikely as people would freak) and build it all at once? Or would they do it little-by-little?

I see Mermaid is on there. I know they would never do this, because a Mermaid ride would fit right in with all the other character dark rides, but if I ran WDW (ala If I Ran the Zoo) I would greenlight Beastly Kingdom once and for all, and I'd make the Little Mermaid ride a centerpiece of it. Along with that Dragon coaster. I think that would lure guests more than the Fantasia Gardens boat ride of whatever it was. And mermaids are mythical creatures right?
I definitely think building BK (especially with a Mermaid ride) would dispell the idea of the AK being a "half-day park" or even a "skippable" park once and for all. I hate when people say those things because I love it so much, but I know a number of WDW fans who still do think that way.

And on a sidenote: that Journey ride at DisneySea looks awesome!!!

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Jul Wed 22, 2009 9:03 am

It might be too late for the Dragon coaster, since a lot of cynics might say that they just copied the idea from Island of Adventure's Dueling Dragons, (and there are some rumors that what actually came to be at IOA WAS originally intended for Animal Kingdom.)

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Wed 22, 2009 10:22 am

I seriously hope they really make these plans, or some plans come true. Fantasyland has been in need for a long time. If the rumors read right then spending the money at this time would build sales in the long run, and Walt Disney said that Disneyland would never be finished as long as there is imagination left in the world (or something like that!)
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

CaptainFinz13

Post by CaptainFinz13 » Jul Wed 22, 2009 10:50 am

MW1218 wrote:It might be too late for the Dragon coaster, since a lot of cynics might say that they just copied the idea from Island of Adventure's Dueling Dragons, (and there are some rumors that what actually came to be at IOA WAS originally intended for Animal Kingdom.)
Is IOA even keeping their Dragons coaster with the Harry Potter refurb? It would make sense, especially theming it to the TriWizard Tournament (I'm such a geek!) But I haven't actually seen or heard confirmation. I'm just assuming so.

Still, I think Disney's cornered the market on dragons for a long time so they could still do a pretty phenomenal dragon ride. And the concept art made it seem like alot of theirs would be housed inside as well as out. DD has an awesome que, but once on the ride you're just on another Six Flags coaster essentially. Albeit a very cool Six Flags coaster.
[code][url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][img]http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/tickers/dkqpb5h892sey8j2.png[/img][/url][/code]

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Jul Wed 22, 2009 11:32 am

CaptainFinz13 wrote: Is IOA even keeping their Dragons coaster with the Harry Potter refurb? It would make sense, especially theming it to the TriWizard Tournament (I'm such a geek!) But I haven't actually seen or heard confirmation. I'm just assuming so.
Yes, I think the whole ride is being rethemed.

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Jul Thu 23, 2009 5:43 pm

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

PureDisney
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by PureDisney » Jul Thu 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Here's an article that seems to be confirming the Fantasyland rumors, along with hinting that Journey to the Center of the Earth might be coming to Animal Kingdom! For those who aren't aware, there are many that say that JTTCOTE is the best attraction at Tokyo Seas...which some say is the best Disney park in the world!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheDisne ... Goaye4T9A/
MW1218 thanks for the article it was very informative.