Eating in Cinderella Castle

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Have you ever eaten in Cinderella Castle

Yes, I do everyday - I'm Cinderella!!!
No votes
Yes, more than once - I wish I was Cinderella ;-)
31%
Yes, once
41%
No, but I would like to
26%
No, and I never would want to
1%

Total votes: 70

TheCheshireStitch
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by TheCheshireStitch » Feb Fri 29, 2008 10:37 pm

jco, i think the food is great! i didn't like boma, though, and people are always shocked when i say that. oh well, to each his/her own. it's a shame they dropped the sword/litho stuff.

i still do think it's a really fun place. it is expensive, though...i guess it just depends what you wanna spend your money on, etc., if it's worth it for you or not.
DVC member SSR, Annual Passholder

Disney pin trading nut!

Hubby and I are Disney fanatics! Visit "the world" 3 times a year. <3

:ccat: :jack: :figment:

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » Feb Fri 29, 2008 11:49 pm

It's good but more for the experience, especially with kids. I've always enjoyed the food, but I would tend to schedule a meal there simply for my children to have the experience as part of their WDW memories.
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

Guy

Post by Guy » Mar Sat 01, 2008 5:08 am

I does seem that it one of those things you have to do once! I think we will book way in advance when we go next time - on that note, does anyone know how to book?

Thankfuly when we were last there (May 2007) the meal didn't look too expensive but that way mainly due to the $ being worth half a £. Basically, a meal in the castle was the same price as an average meal back here in the UK. I will imagine that thing will have changed when we next go back!

meticulus9

Post by meticulus9 » Mar Sat 01, 2008 6:49 am

the meal is expensive...if i had kids i would since you eat in the castle and have cindy there

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Mar Sat 01, 2008 9:01 am

schedule a meal there simply for my children to have the experience as part of their WDW memories.
This whole conversation reminds me .... my youngest is susceptible to the heat and was feeling under the weather on Mothers Day, 2003. But, I had SCORED BIG TIME and had breakfast that morning at the Castle. Bless her heart, she made it through it with a faint smile, but didn't make it out the gates at MK without leaving her breakfast behind. Now, THAT is a memory! :lol:

Guy

Post by Guy » Mar Sat 01, 2008 9:18 am

LOL - probably best for her to avoid watching the videos we were discussing on the other blog :lol:

jbvenn

Post by jbvenn » Mar Sat 01, 2008 10:05 am

We went to the character breakfast a couple of times when my kids were younger; it was a fun way to start the day and we got to have first crack at the popular rides since we finished eating just as the park was opening. The food was OK; the main reason for going was the ambience of the castle and the character interaction. We have some very hilarious video of Snow White trying to draw out my reluctant son.

I always wanted to go for dinner, but we never made it. Don't know that I'd want to go now, if it's all just character stuff. Those stilton-crusted potatoes DisBeamer mentioned sound fantastic.
"Hey, you goldbricks, this ain't a spectator sport! Where do you think you are, Disney World?" -- General Knowledge

[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/epcot2.gif[/img]
[img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/jbvenn/port-orleans-2.gif[/img]

AtticBride
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by AtticBride » Mar Sun 02, 2008 3:22 pm

I ate there only once when it was King Stephan and I remember that I didn't like the food all that much, but I loved the decor. I think the best part was the Mickey shaped butter! I'm ok with eating there once, but I would be up for trying it again. :)
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v419/js3901/icons/walt-disney-world.gif[/img][/url]

meticulus9

Post by meticulus9 » Mar Sun 02, 2008 4:44 pm

food is avg at best. its the location for the kids and cindy in the morning....a huge treat

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Mar Sun 02, 2008 9:33 pm

I have been there a couple times.

Wife and I ate there the last trip during Wishes. We were seated right next to the window. Had a nice romantic meal with a cool view.

I would recommend it to everyone at least once. Its a cool expericence.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by ericpabear » Mar Sun 02, 2008 10:13 pm

We ate there 3 times, when it was King Stephan's. Princesses, Peter Pan,Wendy, and it seems like there were acouple more characters. It was so long ago. a good dozen years at least. It was worth the experience.

There is a trick to gett'n in. When it is 180 days away from the day you wish to dine there, get up early in the morning, start dialing just a minute or two before 7 am EST. There is a recording, press this button etc...., then the operator will answer. Say, "Breakfast at Cinderella's Castle" also have times and dates ready don't fumble or carry on a polite conversation. The cast member knows what you are doing. There are other operators makeing prority seating arrangements for the same place, at the same time. It books up within 5 minutes. Too early and you have to call again a minute or two too late and it'll be all booked.

jcodirewolf
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jcodirewolf » Mar Mon 03, 2008 8:02 am

I think I've said this before but you HAVE to call 180days before your check-in day (or 10 days before you want to eat there if your staying more than 10 days.) They now open up tables a few at a time every day starting at 190 days out.

Which means yes you can game the system, make a reservation starting 10 days before you want to eat with Cindy, use that reservation number to book your ADRs, then "modify" your arrival/departure dates to the days you really wanted.

You still need to put 407-wdw-dine on your speed dial/redial. At 6:50am ET the morning you want to call, works best if you have 2-3 people trying to get though on a phone or two each.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

TheCheshireStitch

Post by TheCheshireStitch » Mar Mon 03, 2008 11:10 am

i've heard the whole 180 days thing, too....however, my hubby and i have called as little as in 3 weeks and gotten reservations a couple of times. i guess we got really lucky, though, and i do suggest you call in 180 days to give you the best chance of getting reservations.

it's probably best to call in all dining reservations as soon as they'll let you..it'll just make everything easier in the long run!
DVC member SSR, Annual Passholder

Disney pin trading nut!

Hubby and I are Disney fanatics! Visit "the world" 3 times a year. <3

:ccat: :jack: :figment:

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Mar Mon 03, 2008 12:20 pm

Breakfast with Cindy is by far the best and I've had 3 people calling at once to get my ADRs. Only one of us (ME!) go an ADR for the morning we wanted. It's crazy....

lebeau
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by lebeau » Mar Mon 03, 2008 1:10 pm

TheCheshireStitch wrote:i've heard the whole 180 days thing, too....however, my hubby and i have called as little as in 3 weeks and gotten reservations a couple of times. i guess we got really lucky, though, and i do suggest you call in 180 days to give you the best chance of getting reservations.

it's probably best to call in all dining reservations as soon as they'll let you..it'll just make everything easier in the long run!
The last time we were there (last spring) I called in the early afternoon and was able to secure dinner reservations that same day. They were very late (9:00 I think) and we opted not to do it. But they were available.

I hear the breakfast is harder to get into. Much harder.