Where is your quiet/peaceful spot in WDW?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Sat 25, 2009 9:03 am

Jacca5660 wrote: You mean over where the margarita shack is. I've spent a lot of time there while my family was shopping.
No. There were no margarita shacks that I could see.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by csquare77 » Apr Sat 25, 2009 11:43 am

2 Places over by bridge near Test track and by the coral reef entrance area, or course at dusk/night. When most people are gone all you can hear is just the monorail going by.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Sat 25, 2009 11:54 am

csquare77 wrote:2 Places over by bridge near Test track and by the coral reef entrance area, or course at dusk/night. When most people are gone all you can hear is just the monorail going by.
Well near test track, wouldn't you hear the loud cars zoom by every 10-15 seconds?

But yeah I bet the seats near Coral Reef are very nice, especially with the water effect happening every 10 seconds or so.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

dkleaphart
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by dkleaphart » Apr Sat 25, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi Folks,

Mine is the side street off Main Street....You can usually get away from the crowds there, but still close enough to the Magic..... :mickey:
Thanks!
David

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Sat 25, 2009 8:40 pm

dkleaphart wrote:Hi Folks,

Mine is the side street off Main Street....You can usually get away from the crowds there, but still close enough to the Magic..... :mickey:
And the birds who expect you to give them food. I've been stalked by ducks and seagulls back there.
― Dr. Seuss

Peerless83
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Peerless83 » Apr Sat 25, 2009 9:33 pm

I cant disclose this..because then it wont be peaceful anymore :) jk...its actually on a bench at the boardwalk looking out over the lake...just like to sit there sometimes and enjoy the scenary

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Sun 26, 2009 1:32 am

MadEye wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote: You mean over where the margarita shack is. I've spent a lot of time there while my family was shopping.
No. There were no margarita shacks that I could see.
The place I was talking about is at the Market Place across from Pooh Corner down some stairs.The place where you rent boats is to the right. It was called something like Jack's Shack...a tiny place.It only had drinks. It had the best margarita's and Rum Runners!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

allymonkey
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by allymonkey » Apr Sun 26, 2009 1:05 pm

Len90 wrote:Another great peaceful spot that I enjoyed when we stayed there were the rocking chairs behind the Boardwalk Lobby. The only problem was you can just never get one as everybody just likes to sit there at night and watch people walk on the busy boardwalk and you also get to watch the friendships make their trips around the water.
There are also a few chairs underneath the porch behind the Boardwalk lobby where I never found other guests. It was a wonderful place to sit with a book during a rainstorm and watch the rain hitting the water beyond the Boardwalk.

Also a walk along the Sassagoula River between POR and POFQ at sunset or just after. I also love to take my time walking down to the Riverside Mill for coffee (or what passes as coffee) first thing in the morning when the mist is just coming off the river.

dkleaphart
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by dkleaphart » Apr Sun 26, 2009 2:02 pm

MadEye wrote:
dkleaphart wrote:Hi Folks,

And the birds who expect you to give them food. I've been stalked by ducks and seagulls back there.
I was bothered once by them, realized that they were audio-animatronic birds, pulled their batteries, and finished my breakfast! :wink:
Thanks!
David

Peerless83

Post by Peerless83 » Apr Sun 26, 2009 9:59 pm

also..im not sure if anyone mentioned this..because im too lazy to look..is the small movie theater in the magic kingdom..good place to kick back and enjoy some air conditioning (and disney shorts..back when they were actually good)

DaRkNeSs

True

Post by DaRkNeSs » Apr Mon 27, 2009 8:02 am

Peerless83 wrote:also..im not sure if anyone mentioned this..because im too lazy to look..is the small movie theater in the magic kingdom..good place to kick back and enjoy some air conditioning (and disney shorts..back when they were actually good)
True but alot of traffic threw that area dont you think? I used to love that spot as a kid! Thou I remember sitting there eating and looking at those shorts!
Good spot! I agree!
:figment::donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

HauntedMansion74
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Quiet Spot

Post by HauntedMansion74 » Apr Mon 27, 2009 8:08 am

At night at the Polynesion sitting on the beach is very peaceful! I also love sitting at the Flaming tree all the way in the back over looking Everest! beautiful spot to sit eat and relax! Also Saratoga Springs at night walking around the pool and getting a drink at Artist Pallete!
Who is the fairest in the land! Snow White is the fairest in the land!! We all have something great to add to the world which makes us all the fairest in the land!!!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Mon 27, 2009 8:12 am

Jacca5660 wrote:The place I was talking about is at the Market Place across from Pooh Corner down some stairs.The place where you rent boats is to the right. It was called something like Jack's Shack...a tiny place.It only had drinks. It had the best margarita's and Rum Runners!
Ah, yes. I know exactly where you are talking about!!! Very, very good drinks! :D
dkleaphart wrote:I was bothered once by them, realized that they were audio-animatronic birds, pulled their batteries, and finished my breakfast! Wink
Now that's funny!!! Still the seagulls are not as bad as they are at Universal. I've been dive bombed a few times over there...
― Dr. Seuss

kellybus
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by kellybus » Apr Mon 27, 2009 8:18 am

A good place to people watch is any of the park benches on or around main street
[img]http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff346/MOD42/OKW2RL.jpg[/img]

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Apr Thu 30, 2009 11:00 am

Riding the TTA, I've always loved putting my feet up riding backwards and just going along. If its not crowded, I'll often ask if I can just go around again
"now, bring me that horizon"