Can You Get Into A Park During EMH Without A Resort ID?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can You Get Into A Park During EMH Without A Resort ID?

Post by horizons1 » Apr Sun 19, 2009 11:00 am

I was at WDW this past week. I have an AP but was not staying at the resort. As I was leaving MK around 9pm I wondered whether I could go over to Epcot and get into the park (having Extra Magic Hours 9-midnight). This question has always bugged me. I know you need a resort ID to ride the rides. But if you just want to go into the park (maybe for a late dinner) will they let you in?

I asked the monorail driver and he was stumped. At the TTC, I asked the head monorail guy up in the control booth and he was also stumped but thought you could. He said you could always say you needed to get to the International Gateway or something.

So I headed over to Epcot to find out. I'll tell you what happend in tomorrow's post, but I thought I'd ask what everyone thinks the answer is first?
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Sun 19, 2009 11:04 am

My guess would be no. If you're inside the park before EMH starts you can stay (albeit without being able to ride any of the rides), but I bet you can't get into the park wiithout a resort ID once EMH starts.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Sun 19, 2009 12:11 pm

from my experience (which was in 2006), I do not believe you can enter the park after the general closing. If you are already in the park when it "closes" (before EMH starts), then you will be allowed to stay within the park, but would not be able to take part in any attractions. And, unless I'm much mistaken, once the park closes, the main eateries close as well. There may be a few quick/counter services places open serving drinks and quick desserts, but most of the larger sit-down places will be closed. the staff needs to clear down the kitchen and such. you should still be able to shop in the stores, though...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Correct

Post by DaRkNeSs » Apr Sun 19, 2009 12:40 pm

Just coming back from vacation there a little bit ago, EMH u need a resort id to get in the park and on any attraction. I believe that there was maybe one large eatery open at MK, pecos bills but that was the only one besides main street! If you dont have a resort id, I dont think u can shop either, I was checked going into the main street shops, I remember having to get my resort id for the main street stores. I am not sure if they do that all the time! :donald: hope that helps!
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Mon 20, 2009 11:27 am

From what I've ever heard, they'll let you in for EMH after general closing, but they'll make you show resort ID then (since there are fewer people entering it's not an issue to check).

I've never heard of having to show your ID to shop as Darkness says, but I wouldn't put it past them. I suspect it has a lot to do with the specific CM as to whether or not that gets enforced.

Are they doing the wristbands at all anymore or is it just show your ID everywhere now? That might explain why they'd be asking at stores.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Mon 20, 2009 11:31 am

From my understanding and like others have said, if you're already in the park and it's EMH, you can stay in the park, but if you try to get onto a ride, you'd have to show a resort ID. I would not think you could enter the park for EMH after general closing if you do not have a resort ID.

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Apr Mon 20, 2009 2:07 pm

I think you can. I'm sure there are plenty of people who book a room and buy their tickets seperately - the actual park tickets don't necessarily have to be attached to the room key.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Yensidaj » Apr Mon 20, 2009 5:21 pm

To answer your question to the best of my knowledge (last trip was 2 weeks ago)and to confirm what several have said.
1. You have to have a resort ID to enter the parks after extra magic hours have started.

2. if you are already in the parks when they close and do not have a resort id that is no problem stay and enjoy the atmosphere, music, shops, limited restaurants.
but you cannot ride the rides as cast members are placed at each que entry and ask to see your resort ID before you are admitted to the que.

I hope that helps.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Mon 20, 2009 6:01 pm

My official experience was they stopped me at the bag check because I had no resort ID. I tried saying I was meeting friends at the Boardwalk and needed to cut through. "Take a bus" was the answer.

Like the majority of people here, I also thought this was the case. However, I expected Epcot might be an exception for 2 reasons: 1) the second gate which means lots of people commute from MK to the BoardWalk via monorail and walking through Epcot and 2) I seem to remember extended dining at the World Showcase restaurants during EMH.

Anyway, most everyone here was right. Thanks for playing.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Thu 23, 2009 3:21 am

horizons1 wrote:My official experience was they stopped me at the bag check because I had no resort ID. I tried saying I was meeting friends at the Boardwalk and needed to cut through. "Take a bus" was the answer
That's kind of entertaining, considering the buses are supposed to be for resort guests only, too (though I haven't had a resort ID checked on a bus since ... 1994ish). I guess it's the lesser of two evils for them, anyway.

It's interesting that they stopped you at bag check. I guess it makes sense, but it didn't occur to me they'd do that. My brain hasn't adjusted to there being a bag check, I guess.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

MagicKingdom Fairy89

Post by MagicKingdom Fairy89 » Apr Thu 23, 2009 7:08 am

DisBeamer wrote:
horizons1 wrote:My official experience was they stopped me at the bag check because I had no resort ID. I tried saying I was meeting friends at the Boardwalk and needed to cut through. "Take a bus" was the answer
That's kind of entertaining, considering the buses are supposed to be for resort guests only, too (though I haven't had a resort ID checked on a bus since ... 1994ish). I guess it's the lesser of two evils for them, anyway.

It's interesting that they stopped you at bag check. I guess it makes sense, but it didn't occur to me they'd do that. My brain hasn't adjusted to there being a bag check, I guess.
We have never stayed in a disney hotel but anyone can use the buses, we've always used them no trouble.
'Just Believe and Your Dreams Will Come True' - Disney Dreams come True Parade

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Thu 23, 2009 5:37 pm

MagicKingdom Fairy89 wrote:
DisBeamer wrote:

We have never stayed in a disney hotel but anyone can use the buses, we've always used them no trouble.
Yes, as I said, they don't check IDs for them anymore, so obviously they don't really care. But the "official policy" is still that the resort buses are still only for Resort guests. :)
~ Caroline

HauntedMansion74
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by HauntedMansion74 » Apr Mon 27, 2009 2:21 pm

No eventually they look for your room card at every attraction!
Who is the fairest in the land! Snow White is the fairest in the land!! We all have something great to add to the world which makes us all the fairest in the land!!!