43%
World Showcase
57%

Total votes: 74

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Mon 13, 2009 10:39 pm

agingerbugg wrote:For me it is World Showcase now, but when I was younger it was definitely Future World.
I picked Future World because we've got kids, so strolling leisurely around the World Showcase is not our reality right now. Maybe someday. In fact, not even all of Future World is our reality - just the Soarin', Crush, Nemo, Journey into the Imagination, HISTA side. Not to say that we don't enjoy TT or M:S. They're just not what draws us to Epcot. Ask the kids what they love most, it's Soarin', followed by Crush - our morning Epcot route.

Of course, they do love Miyuki, but I think the Japanese Pavilion is more of an exception than the rule. After all, who doesn't love wind-up tin toys or blue rhinos made from rice taffy?

napastoy
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by napastoy » Apr Tue 14, 2009 1:20 am

Good lord! I thought I was the only one who liked the blue rhinos! Aren't they just the best! :mickey:
"“Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas."

momeja

Post by momeja » Apr Tue 14, 2009 12:07 pm

napastoy wrote:Good lord! I thought I was the only one who liked the blue rhinos! Aren't they just the best! :mickey:
You got a friend in me. (and my kids, too)

Of course, I thought that we were the only ones that ever asked for blue rhinos, lol.

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Yensidaj » Apr Tue 14, 2009 1:35 pm

agingerbugg wrote:At least World Showcase still has some character, well at least until Kim Possible takes over and devours its soul like the teyollocuani she is.
I disagree with your statement about the KP adventures. I managed to pick up a phone two times on my most recent trip I did the missions in Mexico and Germany. both I thought were very non-obtrusive to the crowd at each pavilion and very entertaining some of the events/effects are quite nice.

as for the vote.... if I was younger it would have been hands down future world. but as i have gotten older world showcase has begun to draw me in.... I would have to say at this point its a tie. so i didnt vote.

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Apr Tue 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Yensidaj wrote:
agingerbugg wrote:At least World Showcase still has some character, well at least until Kim Possible takes over and devours its soul like the teyollocuani she is.
I disagree with your statement about the KP adventures. I managed to pick up a phone two times on my most recent trip I did the missions in Mexico and Germany. both I thought were very non-obtrusive to the crowd at each pavilion and very entertaining some of the events/effects are quite nice.

as for the vote.... if I was younger it would have been hands down future world. but as i have gotten older world showcase has begun to draw me in.... I would have to say at this point its a tie. so i didnt vote.
I read somewhere that the sounds that the phones make could be annoying for some people, is that true? I still can't wait to experience it myself, I saw a video from the testing phase and it seemed real neat but as for reading the "spoilers" on it, I try to avoid them so I can enjoy it the first time.
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Apr Wed 15, 2009 9:53 am

I love the world showcase. We spend maybe half a morning in the future world areas, but the world show case draws us. We eat many of our meals there, poke around, do the kidcot, try new foods and wines.

Guy

Post by Guy » Apr Wed 15, 2009 11:28 am

I couldn't answer this question as for me it is a mixture of the two. It is the mixture of future and culture that does it for me.