Quick Service Disney Dining Plan

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Aug Fri 15, 2008 6:37 pm

I'm not a fan of charging stuff to my room. I have a slight addiction to spending money, as earlier stated. cash burns the proverbial hole in my pockets. and any form of credit is just the same. But, that's a personal thing...

also, I usually travel with friends, and we split the room. charging stuff would throw the calculations off. so, this sort of thing will help to prevent that...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

briar_rose_59
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by briar_rose_59 » Aug Sun 24, 2008 1:09 pm

I have a slight addiction to spending money
Ditto, except slight would be quite the understatement. :lol: I'm a little nervous about trying charging stuff to my own room/credit card this trip, but if I do blow all my money I can at least look at it as a learning experience since I'm still at an age where those kind of experiences can be seen as good lol!
Briar Rose
:wave:

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Aug Sun 24, 2008 10:22 pm

We used the free dinning in 2006, we thought it was great for the value..tip and appitizer included. But now, would have to think about it. Now for the counter service, I don't know if it's really a value for us. I think on a longer trip it would get boring. We would probably go for at least a week so don't think the counter service would be for us.
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

rodders
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by rodders » Oct Mon 06, 2008 4:57 am

Recently we have gone without the plan eating mainly CS meals and this year we had the plan and eat mainly TS meals. For us to even break even with either plan means that we end up ordering food for the sake of it. If we are eating at a restaurant in the evening then I wouldn't want a counter service lunch because I wouldn't be hungry for our evening meal. That basically means that the regular plan is out for us. The problem that we have with the QS plan is that we spend a few days off site (Busch, Sea World, Universal) and would always want a few TS meals. This year we had spare CS meals and lots of snacks left towards the end of the holiday. We would always be better off paying out of pocket. Even changing our booking to get the "free" plan is difficult to justify on financial grounds. I'm currently pondering whether or not it's worth booking now for next year to get the dining offer for free.
1980, 2000, 2005 and 2008 all had plenty of magic. Hoping for a bit more in 2010.