Quick Service Disney Dining Plan

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Quick Service Disney Dining Plan

Post by SWHorn » Aug Fri 01, 2008 1:27 pm

I know many have talked about a desire to be able to purchase a Counter Service-only Dining Plan. It looks like it might be a reality soon:
Disney also announced a revised Magic Your Way plan. For fixed price per day, guests can add a Quick Service Dining starting Jan. 11, 2009. The package offers two quick service meals and two snacks for each night of stay, as well as a refillable drink mug for unlimited refills of non-alcoholic beverages at Disney resort hotels.
http://www.mickeynews.com/News/DisplayP ... 7328Resort
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Aug Fri 01, 2008 1:32 pm

I think this is an interesting concept. depending on the actual price, I think it's an option we may take (whenever it is we get down there again). can't wait to see the developments.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

JimB
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by JimB » Aug Fri 01, 2008 4:00 pm

I agree...the price will decide how attractive the new plan will be. Personally I would guess about $20 - $22 a day would be my breakeven point.

spodie
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by spodie » Aug Fri 01, 2008 9:52 pm

Yay! I like this idea - we don't really want to spend the time each day at a sit down restaurant, so this would be the perfect plan. I hope it's going to actually be a reality and a good price, because we just bought out first annual passes and will be down there a lot next year!! :D :D
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

SWHorn

Post by SWHorn » Aug Sat 02, 2008 3:23 pm

JimB wrote:I agree...the price will decide how attractive the new plan will be. Personally I would guess about $20 - $22 a day would be my breakeven point.
Yeah, It wouldn't be worth more than that to me, either. The regular DDP is like $38, and I can't imagine paying something like $30 for counter service.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Aug Tue 05, 2008 2:10 pm

It sounds like a good option for families who find it difficult to get the kids to a sit down meal durring the day when the kids just want to eat something quick and get back to the attractions.

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Aug Tue 05, 2008 2:26 pm

FYI - Looks like the quick-service MP is up and running and looks like $30 pp/day. 2009 reservations just became available over the internet and the QSMP is there to chose. I ran it twice to see if it was really $30 pp, sure enough it was.

jcodirewolf
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jcodirewolf » Aug Tue 05, 2008 7:12 pm

So lets see 2 snacks are what ~$5 each, and 2 counter services ~$10 each, so $30 is about right. The mug is your discount. (so your discount gets less the more days you are on the plan :)

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Aug Tue 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Yep, from the surface it seems high but right on with your breakdown. Only a $10 lower than the full MP which is basically $5 snack, $10 counter, and $25 dinner (which is what the buffets average). So, if you are planning to just do counters or sit-downs that are buffets, then the MPs really didn't help you out. The way they would help is if you went to a sit-down that is a la carte which then you made out until the changed that this year and took away the appetizers and tip.

I was told by a CM that when that was included it was a loss of $80M for Disney last year. Not sure if that was just a rumor that was spreading amongst the CMs or if that was the true amount. Never the less, even without appetizer and tip the MP is still cash in your pocket if doing sit-downs off a menu. We still have small children on our family trips and plan a lot of buffets so the MP doesn't really help us yet. They will one day though........just hope it's still around!

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » Aug Wed 06, 2008 10:07 pm

I've said it before. The DDP (and for that matter the DDE) is all about knowing your habits.

The most expensive thing my wife and I eat at Disney is at the UK Chippies. We do like to do 1 or 2 sit downs per day, and often times one of the sit downs will be at the higher end places (Jiko, Narccos, Yachtsman etc..) So the DDE is a win for us (the wine/cocktail discount is just the bonus round.)

We would NEVER use 2 counter and 2 snacks (there are times we have been there for 3-4 days and we wouldn't have used 1 day's worth of credits.)

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

JimB

Post by JimB » Aug Sat 09, 2008 4:36 pm

I think the only way that the CS Dining plan would be worth it to me is if were offered as a freebee in the bounceback (if they are going to offer it again this year) offer. By paying an additional $10/night it could be upgraded to the standard Dining Plan as it is now offered.
As it is, the present plan has been reduced in value by the loss of an appetizer and the included tip from last year. I think the real problem for me is how much of a better deal the original plan from a couple of years ago was compared to the present offerings. On the other hand I wonder how much the useage of this plan will cut down on some of the insanity trying to get ADR's for table service restaurants. Just mho..

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » Aug Sat 09, 2008 6:20 pm

One thing that I think the dining plan is good for, which I've not seen come up here and I think the CS/Snack one is great for.

If you have kids that you are willing to turn loose in the park but you don't want to give them $30-40 for food. Now they can use there KttK/room card for food, and you can give them $20 for other stuff.

johno

AVITWeb
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by AVITWeb » Aug Sun 10, 2008 1:17 pm

It used to be a real steal for the wife and I..before they dropped the appetizer and tip, we made out like bandits because we did nothing but sit down restaurants for dinner.. The dinners alone paid for the price of the plan (even when we paid for it) The $30 a days is probably also worth it for most people...we are considering it for our trip next year.
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3526/userbar468277hf6.gif[/img][/url]

meticulus9
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by meticulus9 » Aug Sun 10, 2008 4:17 pm

in not so sure if this is worth it.....2 meals @ lunch/dinner lets say. 8-10 each. plus a snack and lets say a bottle of water. very iffy. depends on ow one eats/spends $$

Blackie Pueblo

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Aug Sun 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Yeah, it's really gonna have to depend on the price for me as well. It's usually just my wife and I and we usually don't spend too much on food. But we seem to always buy an ice cream bar. Is that considered one of the snacks?

"To all who come to this happy place.... welcome!"
---Walter Elias Disney