13%
Port Orleans French Quarter
88%

Total votes: 24

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Jun Sat 21, 2008 7:29 am

POFQ. CSR is a convention resort, rooms had one sink rather than two, the resort is enormous and you could be far away from ammenities. That said, the pool is outstanding as is the food court. POFQ, though, is much more condusive to a family vacaiton.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » Jun Sat 21, 2008 8:06 am

I'll go with the masses here and say POFQ. I like CSR, but it is very spread out and not too close to anything. With POFQ you can walk back and forth to PODL and catch a boat to DTD.
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

GhostHost
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by GhostHost » Jun Tue 24, 2008 7:13 am

I have not stayed at either YET so I won't vote. However, I just wanted to agree that I have heard nothing but good things about Port Orleans. I'm looking forward to staying at both PO resorts in the near future. I did tour Coronado Springs once and it did seem very large and spread out. I can see how the large number of business conventions and meetings would take away from it's allure so that's another reason I would lean towards Port Orleans for a family trip. Good luck and have fun!
"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment we have been among it's many passengers." -Spaceship Earth / Epcot

Mission Space 2003 Pioneer Crew

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Tue 24, 2008 10:40 am

My family and I are not fans of Port Orleans, it's actually my last choice of resorts at Disney, we stayed several times before Coronado was built. We find Port Orleans boring. We've stayed at Coronado twice and LOVED it! It's newer, prettier and has the best food court out of all the moderate resorts. Don't poo poo it until you try it!
On our next WDW vacation, if we can't afford the Poly, we'll stay at Coronado again. :)

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Jun Tue 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Hey Chernabog, looks like you have your question answered - POFQ it is! I've never stayed at either but as one person stated very similar in design but just different look. CS is a convention resort though so would want to stay away from the crowds plus it looks like you are in the dessert, not quite the tropical look you want when in Florida.

Just out of curiosity, I checked into the DVC resorts since this is a GG and you would benifit from the large group staying together but they are pretty much sold out which is not usual. This is typically not a busy time of year but I've never seen all of the DVC units sold out for any time of the year. Anyway, thought I'd check for you.

Good Luck.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jun Wed 25, 2008 3:46 pm

Port Orleans is my choice. I stayed there a while back. I have only visited Coronado. Coronado is too sprawling for me. Much like Caribbean Beach. PO is a nice quiet and quaint place. I also think it would be more kid friendly than CS.

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HakuOni » Jun Wed 25, 2008 5:57 pm

i voted for port orleans because its just a fun place! :D but if you are one of those people who like the spa then coronado springs is the place to be! :D
:mickey: whatever your choice is i hope u have a magical day!

Figment of Imagination

Post by Figment of Imagination » Jun Thu 26, 2008 5:15 pm

I too would choose Port Orleans French Quarter. I hear it has a dragon pool slide. I've stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and I was very happy. I hope to one day stay at the French Quarter. Coronado Springs must be very nice if you really like the Theme. It can be a hard choice. :wink: :?:

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Jun Fri 27, 2008 8:37 pm

I enjoy the atmosphere at POFQ better. CS seems to be more spread out, such as the distance from the pool area to the food court. Also CS hosts more convention events which brings more convention people. Some convention people that we have experienced in the past seem to be more about the party than the vacation and relaxation. Lastly, I have never liked the Pepper Market (food court) system. Food court at POFQ or PORS is easier for quick in and out.

ghostelias
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by ghostelias » Jul Tue 15, 2008 2:12 pm

POFQ is loads better also with CS there will be alot of walking involved for your family. Just look at the resort map.

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Jul Tue 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Honestly, I just don't like the theming of CS. I would go with POFQ just because of that, not to mention the aforementioned benefits.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

DDDoherty
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by DDDoherty » Jul Wed 16, 2008 4:21 pm

It depends upon what you want! DELUX: If you go to MK more often, maybe Grand Floridian unless you are an outdoor/train/backwoods type then stay at Wilderness Lodge. Many folk think the Polynesian is the best. If Epcot is your favorite then Yacht Club unless you have kids then it is the Beach Club. MODERATE: We would only stay at Port Orleans and like both French Quarter and Riverside. We would probably stay at Riverside. My wife likes Aligator Bayou best and I like the old Sothern Mansions.
July In WDW At a DVC Resort

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 16, 2008 8:51 pm

DDDoherty really said it best. The Wilderness Lodge is a great place. It has slightly smaller rooms than other deluxe resorts which means that it is cheaper than the other deluxe resorts. I also found the pool to be a bit small for a deluxe too. This is the same case with the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you are willing to spend the money for the full deluxe experience, then I would say the Yacht or Beach. Last week, I found that the Yacht Club was a great place to stay being that everyone in our family is older with me being the youngest at 17. The hotel gives you a bit of a business feeling since it has the convention center. When you have smaller childern the Beach Club is great. With either resort you get the great sand bottom pool that I wish I was in right now.

As far as your choices go, CS is not a great place to stay in terms of it's location. You are relatively close to I find that it is not really close to anything. At least with Riverside you are near the Downtown Disney area and Epcot. Also, I think the recreation is better at Riverside you can do a lot more with the boat rentals in terms of where you can go. You also have the ability to go horse back riding, and fishing.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"