Photography @ WDW

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 15, 2008 12:57 am

jcodirewolf wrote:
Len90 wrote: All in all, it can get a bit costly, but the pictures you get will make it all worth while. For instance, I got some amazing shots of my brother's graduation using the 30D and the 70-200L lens. Go trigger happy and have fun!
Thing is the camera tends to be the cheapest part of a DSLR kit. It's the glass that costs so much. I like having something just above a macro lens all the way up to 200-300mm.

I don't have one, yet, but a fish eye is really cool. If you look at DxO it can Un-distort a fisheye...very cool.

johno
That is true. We have a SigmaDC 17-70mm, Cannon 50mm, and Canon 70-200mmL. The lens' cost way more than the body, but it is all worth it. Here are some pictures from two years ago. These are all taken on the original digital Rebel with the SigmaDC 17-70. (It ended up breaking the week after we came back so we got the 30D with the warranty money)

SpectroMagic (All taken without a flash, appears to be a higher ISO and around a 1/80 shutter)

Stay tuned for some attraction pictures...
Last edited by Len90 on Jun Sun 15, 2008 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 15, 2008 1:04 am

Now on to the attraction pictures. I believe these were taken with similar settings as the SpectroMagic pictures. No flash photography is allowed on most attractions, so you find ways to work around it. First up is Small World. Probably one of the easier attractions to get a good picture in.

Next up, is one of my favorite parts of Great Movie Ride, it is the run-down dark set where the shoot-out takes place. This would be one of the harder shots to get. My brother was able to get this still.
There are a lot of easier areas in this attraction too. For instance, the marquee sign at the beginning when your journey begins.

Hope this helps out in some small way. My best advice to you is paractice before you go away. Get used to the camera and all of its settings. See what works best in poor lighting conditions for you without using the flash.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Stardust
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Stardust » Jun Mon 16, 2008 1:32 am

I'm a Safari driver and for anyone without a fancy camera, just be sure you put it on an action, sports, or animals mode. Most regular digitals will have them. The quality isn't as good but it takes them faster and resets quicker.

They tell us to say that, and when I ride on someone elses I use "animal and children" mode on my cannon. I've got some great pics, too.
*I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know something's starting [i]right now[/i]*