Eating in Cinderella Castle

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Have you ever eaten in Cinderella Castle

Yes, I do everyday - I'm Cinderella!!!
No votes
Yes, more than once - I wish I was Cinderella ;-)
31%
Yes, once
41%
No, but I would like to
26%
No, and I never would want to
1%

Total votes: 70

rmorton50

Post by rmorton50 » Apr Mon 28, 2008 11:01 pm

My wife and I have eaten there several times and enjoyed it just because it's in the castle. The food isn't the best in WDW but it is good.
Lat time, we took our granddaughters to lunch with Cinderella. They thoroughly enjoyed getting to meet Cinderella and have their pictures taken. ANd Cinderella was also happy to pose with our whole party of 6 adults and the two children. When the other princesses entered the dining room, the kids faces lit up like I have never seen before. They were so excited tht they couldn't eat. The princesses spent a lot of time talking to each of the guests. None seemed to be in a hurry. I was so pleased with the characters! My grandchildren were 4 and 6 at the time. We're planning another trip in 2009 when they will be 6 and 8. They both said that they would rather do something else this time. So my advice is to do it at least once (plan well ahead) and then follow the lead of the children to see if it's worth another trip to them. They do still talk about how special it was. It was grand to see them having so much fun.

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MintJulepRoo » Apr Mon 28, 2008 11:50 pm

I had the wonderful pleasure of eating here. It was on a birthday of one of my family members we were traveling with. (You know who you are BLUE) :) It was so much fun and exciting. We were lucky enough to be seated by windows facing Fantasyland. It was a great experience to watch the park from inside Cinderella castle. The food was great. My favorite part was when the princesses came out to circle around the tables. It was the only time I've been able to get a picture with Cinderella and Snow White!
Last edited by MintJulepRoo on May Thu 01, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

bluebayougirl
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by bluebayougirl » Apr Wed 30, 2008 11:11 pm

ROFL, we did have a wonderful time :). It was extra special having my brother and sister-in-law (to be) there for my birthday. The food and atmosphere were unbelievable, I could not have asked for anything more. My husband even ordered me a birthday cake :) - blue
You say wicked - like it's a bad thing!

sgrfunk
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by sgrfunk » May Sat 03, 2008 12:01 am

I ate once at Cinderella castle, the very first time I visited WDW. I was about nine and with my parents and sister. I liked being in the castle, but I don't really remember the food being all that great.

bluesky481
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by bluesky481 » May Sun 04, 2008 4:11 pm

Haven't eaten there yet, but would love to give it a try. There's just SO many other Disney restaurants I want to experience first. It's so difficult to choose! :?

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Jun Thu 12, 2008 4:09 am

The food was great, but the portions were kinda small.

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HakuOni » Jun Thu 12, 2008 12:00 pm

i havent been there, but "someday i wish to come, some day ill be there and away to the castle i will go and i'll be eating a piece of french toast." mmmmm french toast.
have a magical day everyone.

disneypinnut
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by disneypinnut » Jun Sat 14, 2008 3:46 pm

We just visited last month and used the Disney Dining Plan. It takes two sit down dinners and is definitely worth it. The food is good, the service was very good and the experience was well worth it. You really owe it to yourself to go at least once.
[b][i][color=darkblue]All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.[/color][/i][/b][b]- Walt Disney[/b]

[img]http://shuttleworthusa.com/images/magic%20kingdom%20at%20night%20small.jpg[/img]

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Jun Sat 28, 2008 2:20 pm

I've eaten there more than once, year after year. I think the food is very good, not the best and the portions are a little small. The real reason why I go there is so I can sit in the atmosphere of the castle. I think the inside is very cool looking, even though I know its fake brick and stuff. I'm not really into the character experience. I think the real reason its so expensive, is because of the characters and being and eating in the castle, thats what your paying for, to eat in Magic Kingdom's Icon. I have only gone once since the price went up to include pictures with Cinderella, We got our pictures once, and now it doesn't seem worth it to go again and again paying extra for more pictures. I think maybe the picture thing is to deter people from going and again so that other families have a chance to make a reservation because it can sometimes it can very hard to get a table. Or more likely its to make money because every princess has to have her picture taken at the castle.

ghostelias

Post by ghostelias » Jul Tue 15, 2008 2:09 pm

Not really my thing to be honest.

keneka

Post by keneka » Jul Thu 17, 2008 6:31 am

I've eaten there twice, the food there is okay - although I think your mainly paying for the atmosphere and experience. My experiences there weren't particulary good, first time I was knocked in the back of the head by a waiter with a plate - got mild concussion & a free cinderella glass though and the second time was on g** day weekend when some of the men were acting abit inappropriatly for a family restaurant. Although both these experiences weren't completely positive - I would maybe go back there in the future, although there are many good restaurants in wdw - I find this one a bit overpriced - I think if your going with kids there are many other choices that have more encounters with their favorite characters and many of these have better cuisine.