1st thing you do when you get to WDW

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Tiggerdog
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Tiggerdog » Aug Sat 26, 2006 10:35 pm

We check into our resort, throw our bags in the room and then head to the bus stop. We then get on the first park bus that comes along.

This is the only unplanned part of the trip! :mrgreen:
Cats Rule, Dogs Drool

DaWhoLaGn
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by DaWhoLaGn » Aug Tue 29, 2006 9:04 pm

MK! I don't truly feel like my Disney experience is beginning until I get my eyes on that darn castle. Last year we started at AK and it just wasn't the same. :mickey:

Cazza and Livvie's Mum
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Cazza and Livvie's Mum » May Wed 28, 2008 2:30 pm

We never make plans for our first day at Disney because every visit since 2004 we've had problems at the airport...

August 2004 Hurricane Charley came to play and we circled in the air for 2 hours then sat on the tarmac for 5 hours then waited 4 hours for our luggage instead of arriving in WDW at 3pm we arrived at 4am.

August 2005 we arrived on time but were ushered into a room, told we were illegal aliens as the immigration computers had gone down and we had to stay there for more than 3 hours.

August 2006 we were all set to go and the liquid plot unfolded (thank God!) and we had an 8 hour delay before we even started our 9 hour flight.

So as you can understand we don't plan anymore we are just grateful to get there!!!! I would still go through it just to get my Disney fix!!!!!

MintJulepRoo

Post by MintJulepRoo » May Thu 29, 2008 1:22 am

I think WDW has so much variety that you almost don't want to do the same thing first everytime. For me it's so hard to choose! Last time we didn't go to the MK til our second day. This was an unusual experience for me but I ended up loving the change. We did Animal Kingdom first and it felt like a completely foreign experience. It was a lot of fun!
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

keneka

Post by keneka » May Thu 29, 2008 3:30 am

EVERYTHING!! Get the first bus to any park (whichever is there first) or if it was a late flight snack at our hotel food court then hop on a boat to downtown for some disney shopping.

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » May Thu 29, 2008 9:23 am

We usually end up in downtown disney... or just vegging out in our hotel room, as we usually don't get there till around sometime between supper and midnight.
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

LAPVLB
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by LAPVLB » May Thu 29, 2008 6:01 pm

Our family always heads straight to MK. We ride TTA first no matter what. Then we go elsewhere. That's the only planned part of the vacation.

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HakuOni » May Thu 29, 2008 8:26 pm

what i would do is ride the rides a always wanted to before their lines get too long. :D

secondstar

Re: 1st thing you do when you get to WDW

Post by secondstar » May Fri 30, 2008 10:46 pm

cikacz1981 wrote:I know that when I go to WDW I always go to MK first.
We always save Magic Kingdom for the first FULL DAY on property. To answer your question, we usually go to Epcot on our arrival day. We're probably hungry and there's so many food options there. After Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, it's off to MouseGear! That's usually the first thing we do at Disney. (My, I really can't wait for the next visit!!!)
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

AJBARTH
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by AJBARTH » May Sat 31, 2008 9:55 am

We either head for the shopping village or for the MK, either is a great way to start the adventure :mickey:

AVITWeb

Post by AVITWeb » May Sat 31, 2008 11:08 am

The two times we have gone, it seems to be a tradition that i would like to continue. We check in, (POFQ) then make a B-Line to the boat. Take a nice soothing ride down the river to Downtown. Dinner at Capt'n Jacks, then some shopping. A nice relaxing 1st night. Of course in 06 we made a B-Line to HM (It was under refurb when we went for our honeymoon) because we got there earlier. But then we continued with the Downtown treck....

Man I need to go back SOOOOOON!
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3526/userbar468277hf6.gif[/img][/url]

cordray2643
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by cordray2643 » May Sat 31, 2008 4:09 pm

We always do a character dining. Either Chef Mickey's or Akershus for the princesses. Everybody celebrates the beginning of their visit a little different and we just want to dive right in to spending time with the characters!

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » May Sat 31, 2008 4:56 pm

Depends on where we stay, but its either downtown Disney or Cali Grill for dinner, where we watch the fireworks. I refuse to pay admission on our arrival or departure days.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 01, 2008 3:10 pm

When my family and I arrive in WDW we head straight to check-in at the hotel. We will get into our rooms, wait until our suitcases arrive and head out to the park where our dinner reservation is. This year it will be Hollywood Studios. We usually arrive at Orlando International at around 12:30 - 12:45 so we are waiting for the bus to the park around 2 - 3.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Sleeping Beauty 5
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Sleeping Beauty 5 » Jun Sun 01, 2008 6:50 pm

We check into the whatever hotel we're staying at and usually go to DD that way we don't have to pay for an extra day of tickets.
Amy