50's Prime Time Cafe - good for little ones?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

HakuOni
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by HakuOni » May Sat 31, 2008 3:23 pm

while you may may feel a bit weary, dont forget that theres a BIG SCREEN TV right in front of the diners. so little ones can be amazed and watch the movie peacefully. :mickey:

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » May Sat 31, 2008 5:21 pm

I took mine there when they were little. They weren't very entertained, but they were tired, too.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 01, 2008 12:00 pm

A six year old will should be fine with it. If they really enjoy it I would recommend a trip over to the Wilderness Lodge for Whispering Canyon. I would definitely explain that it is a game and to just laugh along. Try and ask for Uncle Tim. Just tell him his cousins from NJ are coming down.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Jun Sat 14, 2008 9:43 pm

Oh I think your kids will love it. I've never gotten a waitress who could be perceived as a teaser. There's giant milkshakes, lots of kids have gotta love that, I know I do. I think the most important thing it to try to get a table with a TV kitchen set up, I think you must have 3 or 4 in your party, no more or less, and you have to show up a little early and request such a table, you may have to wait a little longer but thats how I feel you get the best experience at that restaurant.

Figment of Imagination

Post by Figment of Imagination » Jun Sat 28, 2008 2:48 pm

I think its a fun environment for kids, they have some kid friendly foods, and an Awesome smores dessert. Sitting at one of the tables is fun. But the place doesn't not have kid enterainment breaks like Wispering Canyon Cafe or Chef Mickeys- which is probably one of the best places for kids.

earningmyfins
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Funny thought...

Post by earningmyfins » Jul Fri 11, 2008 4:53 pm

When I first came here I was 5 or 6. I hated veggies and often put my elbows on the table. Our waiter made us stand up in front of everyone and say "I'm a Baaaaaaaad girl (or boy)". We also had to sound like sheep. It was funny then but now that I look at it -OMG. :oops:
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/k0mr2h.png[/img]

earningmyfins

Post by earningmyfins » Jul Fri 11, 2008 4:54 pm

oh, overall I love that place. Everytime we come to Disney we have to make a reservation there. It's really worth it. The enviroment and the food, uh, it's heaven!
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/k0mr2h.png[/img]

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Sat 12, 2008 10:09 pm

Just got back from 8 days at WDW... BIG report with lots of pics to come. The Prime Time Cafe was our first dinner that we ate when we got to Disney. It was great to see that Uncle Tim (our server) was still there. I really think I had the best time of my life there. I decided to be a trouble maker by leaving the elbows on the table. After being yelled at multiple times and ignoring Uncle Tim, I got into trouble. I was taken to the corner and had to hold a sugar packet against the wall with my nose. It was great having the entire restaurant hysterical and all the servers making noise and adding to the fun. I was hoping to sing I'm a little teapot, but I guess I needed the more severe punishment.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

GhostHost
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by GhostHost » Jul Mon 14, 2008 7:23 am

Len90, I'm going to have to give 50's Prime Time another shot because this was not my experience last time. I can see how it would be lots of fun with the right server and group. I'm glad you had fun!
"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment we have been among it's many passengers." -Spaceship Earth / Epcot

Mission Space 2003 Pioneer Crew

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Mon 14, 2008 7:45 pm

GhostHost wrote:Len90, I'm going to have to give 50's Prime Time another shot because this was not my experience last time. I can see how it would be lots of fun with the right server and group. I'm glad you had fun!
If you want to have a blast, ask for Uncle Tim. The second thing is you really have to show you are there for fun and want to joke around. It will be the time of your life!
- Len90