Rant-N-Rave Magic Kingdom: Tomorrowland

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Rate the Overall Expierience of Tomorrowland

5 (Very Best, could spend hours here and Do!)
15%
4 (Love this part of the Park)
36%
3 (I enjoy it but its not my favorite)
24%
2 (it could use some help but i enjoy it)
18%
1 (I like one or maybe two things about this area but other than that its Boring)
6%
0 (I skip this section because it is a waste of time)
No votes

Total votes: 33

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » May Sun 18, 2008 4:01 pm

I love this part of the park. SM, TTA, and CoP are classics. Add an a ride or two of Buzz. This is the first area of the park that I go to.

Astro Orbiter is great at night for a view of MK.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » May Sun 18, 2008 5:29 pm

I do love Tomorrowland, but I wish they would have stayed with it's originality. It looks very cartoonish since they rehabed it years ago. I liked the original Tomorrowland b/c it's what Disney really thought the future was going to look like, whereas now, it just looks cartoonish and not futuristic. I still enjoy this section of the park, and I do love Buzz Lightyear and Monsters Inc. but wish this there weren't quit so many Pixar attractions there now. They should absolutely NEVER touch Carousel of Progress, this is an original and needs to stay! There's my two cents! :)

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » May Mon 19, 2008 7:32 am

I fully understand the comments from those who feel that several rides are misplaced in Tomorrowland. Sorry, but I disagree. I applaud the new additions and this is my favorite part of the park.
April, 1998 Coronado Springs
April, 2001 Coronado Springs
January, 2004 All-Star Sports
July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
April, 2006 Pop Century
December, 2006 All-Star Sports
March, 2008 All-Star Movies
April, 2009 All-Star Music
August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort
August, 2014 Off Property - Caribe Royale

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » May Mon 19, 2008 6:20 pm

this is my favorite area in the whole park :D i love the TTA, space mountain, buzz, and the COP

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » May Tue 20, 2008 4:17 pm

I love this area. Yes it bothers me that the theme really seems to be lost but the area is still fun to walk through especially at night. The TTA is still one of the greatest rides as is Space Mountain. I know I know it needs an upgrade. Even so it's still one of the most popular rides in the park.

Yes Stitch blows, and Monsters doesn't belong but still. COP still makes us remember where we came from, and where we are going. Buzz is fun in that sci-fi kiddie way, The Astro Orbitor gives you a fun ride and a great view... and lets not forget about just the cool way the place looks. The rocks and the metallic-like looking building.

Besides the rides who doesn't like eating in Tomorrowland? (OMG I can't believe I can't remember the name of the eating place).

"Tomorrow offers new frontiers in science, adventure, and ideals: The Atomic Age... the challenge of outer space...and the hope for a peaceful and unified world."
---Walter Elias Disney

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Tue 20, 2008 8:55 pm

(OMG I can't believe I can't remember the name of the eating place).
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe!! :D

I bump my vote up to a 2 for Sonny... :wink:

Blackie Pueblo

Post by Blackie Pueblo » May Tue 20, 2008 9:12 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:
]

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe!! :D

I bump my vote up to a 2 for Sonny... :wink:
Thank you Chesire!

"Tomorrow offers new frontiers in science, adventure, and ideals: The Atomic Age... the challenge of outer space...and the hope for a peaceful and unified world."
---Walter Elias Disney

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » May Wed 21, 2008 4:59 am

Rip out the Speedway and give us something unique and it is just about perfect.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » May Wed 21, 2008 10:21 am

No! Not the speedway! It's an original, and still fun! :)

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » May Wed 21, 2008 8:56 pm

My very favorite part of the park for many of the reasons already mentioned (Blackie Pueblo pretty much took the words outta my mouth, though I'm harsher on MILF and less so on Stitch ;) ).

It says something to me that it's still my favorite area, and the one I spend the most time in, despite the fact that the presence of MILF annoys me to no end. Thus, I give it a 5. The TTA at night is not only my favorite place in WDW, but probably top 5 of my favorite places in the rest of the world too. 8-)
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

RREng77
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by RREng77 » May Wed 21, 2008 9:14 pm

I do love BLSRS - my DW and I have been known to hit it 10 times straight when the attendance is low :) .

CoP is a fantastic ride, and I love the concept, but I keep looking for the number of years between the scenes to increase, bringing it closer to today's visitors.

Stitch (as a character) was a great addition to the area, but not at the expense of Alien. MILF, although I haven't seen it yet, sounds to be a poor choice regardless of the area in which it landed. :|

Astro Orbiter is one of the best rides, but the rockets could really use an update. Maybe sleeker? :?

I do like the area overall, and Cosmic Ray's is a definite must-do each visit to WDW. Not my favorite area by far, but also not my least favorite. I had to give it a 3.
To do the improbable, we first have to dream the impossible.

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7058/userbar646708dw8.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3340/userbar646714dx9.gif[/img][/url]

rmorton50

Post by rmorton50 » May Wed 21, 2008 11:47 pm

Space Mpuntain, Carousel of Progress, and TTA are my favorites. I liked Alien Encounter and feel that Stitch is a sorry replacement. While the Monsters Inc. Laugh floor has great technology and is pretty funny, I could do without it and agree that it doesn't really belong in Tomorrowland. The speedway appeals to my granddaughters, but I never ride it when they are not with us.

GhostHost
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by GhostHost » May Thu 22, 2008 7:49 am

Even with all of it's flaws as Schnemo points out, it's still got a few favorites as well as having my heart just like over at Adventureland. I could sit on the TTA and ride all day long. I have probably ridden this more than anything at WDW period! It's just such a great refreshing ride for cooling down and kicking your feet up. It's also a great place to discuss what your plans are for the rest of the day. You can catch a quick power nap, make lunch or dinner plans, get your bag in order and be ready to move on to the next thing! Oh, Space Mountain! What a great ride and what great memories I have off this whole area and the music, the feel of the place! I even enjoy Buzz although it's not a favorite I still ride it when I can. COP is holding on strong over here and I do ride this every visit just to pay homage to Walt and one of his original concepts. It's a fun show and also a great rest from the summer heat. The biggest downers in Tomorrowland for me would be Stitch and the Speedway. Disney could do much better in these areas.
"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment we have been among it's many passengers." -Spaceship Earth / Epcot

Mission Space 2003 Pioneer Crew

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » May Thu 22, 2008 8:00 am

When I was a kid, this was my favorite part of the park. It's lost so much in theming since then. Monsters has no place here and I would like to see Stitch go, too. Love CoP, TTA and Space Mountain, but the Speedway is just plain sad and the food is mediocre at best. Even Cosmic Ray's lame jokes can't save the dining experience here. Buzz is okay. I gave it a 3.

luv2cthemouse

Post by luv2cthemouse » May Thu 22, 2008 9:45 am

I am a 1 on this one. I like Buzz and the TTA, but do not care for much else. Space Mountain needs some real help, Stitch needs to go, the Laugh Factory is silly, CoP is seasonal and the overall scenery of Tomorrowland is boring.