Laugh Floor Comedy Club

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Laugh Floor Comedy Club

Post by WVParkfan » Apr Tue 08, 2008 8:17 am

During our recent visit, we were able to go to the Laugh Floor Comedy Club twice. Amazingly, though we were there at a very busy time of year (Easter), we walked directly onto this show without a wait both times.

Obviously, the show is better the first time around. But, it was nice to see it a 2nd time and pick-up on the jokes and technology we missed the first time. And, of course, there were new jokes.

The technology is amazing, and our kids absolutely loved this. Anyone else have a good experience with the Laugh Floor?

lebeau
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by lebeau » Apr Tue 08, 2008 8:54 am

I've heard pretty mixed things about Laugh Floor. We did see Crush in epcot on our last trip. And I was very impressed with that show. I haven't seen Monsters Inc yet, but most of what I've heard was unfavorable when compared to Crush.

Have you seen both?

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » Apr Tue 08, 2008 10:02 am

Yes. We actually got to see Crush for the first time on this trip, too, and were equally impressed (actually, we were probably more impressed with Crush).

The Laugh Floor show is something different, and they do make you laugh. As I said before, though, it isn't as funny the second time around, as you already know what's coming (as far as picking on people in the audience).

Crush was much more intimate, and extremely interactive. Our kids were chosen to talk to Crush, so that made it even more special.

Like with everything else at WDW, I think everyone needs to try it for themselves, and I certainly encourage everyone to do that. Both shows were highly entertaining and very impressive.
April, 1998 Coronado Springs
April, 2001 Coronado Springs
January, 2004 All-Star Sports
July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
April, 2006 Pop Century
December, 2006 All-Star Sports
March, 2008 All-Star Movies
April, 2009 All-Star Music
August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort
August, 2014 Off Property - Caribe Royale

lebeau

Post by lebeau » Apr Tue 08, 2008 10:19 am

WVParkfan wrote:Yes. We actually got to see Crush for the first time on this trip, too, and were equally impressed (actually, we were probably more impressed with Crush).

The Laugh Floor show is something different, and they do make you laugh. As I said before, though, it isn't as funny the second time around, as you already know what's coming (as far as picking on people in the audience).

Crush was much more intimate, and extremely interactive. Our kids were chosen to talk to Crush, so that made it even more special.

Like with everything else at WDW, I think everyone needs to try it for themselves, and I certainly encourage everyone to do that. Both shows were highly entertaining and very impressive.
Cool.

We'll probably check it out ourselves this fall. Even if it's not as good as Crush, it'll probably still be fun.

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Apr Tue 08, 2008 3:20 pm

It was mildly entertaining to me. But, I have no desire to do it again, and that makes it pretty much a waste to me. I weigh Disney attractions highly on re-visit value, and Laugh Floor was on the bottom of my list.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Tue 08, 2008 4:36 pm

It was cute how the monsters interacted with the audience, but really I am in no hurry to see the show again.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Tue 08, 2008 7:30 pm

SWHorn wrote:It was mildly entertaining to me. But, I have no desire to do it again, and that makes it pretty much a waste to me. I weigh Disney attractions highly on re-visit value, and Laugh Floor was on the bottom of my list.
I agree. I think the repeat crowd is probably the same group submitting jokes and sitting in the "key" seats.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Apr Tue 08, 2008 9:30 pm

I went on in December (under protest, but the people we were with really wanted to go). The show was cute. I found the animation of Mike and the other monsters to be really terrible (flat) but I'm nitpicky about that kinda thing.

The interactivity is .. neat? I can't think of a really good word for it. It didn't blow me away, it wasn't terrible. It was just neat. The best part of the experience for me was before the show started. They 'tell the story' of Monsters Inc (in short form), putting up pictures of people in the audience on the screens. The little girl they picked for Boo - probably 5 or 6 years old - had an expression on her face that clearly said "I will cut you :x " through the whole thing. Cracked me up more than anything else in the show. :lol:

It's worth seeing once. I think I'll be bypassing it in future.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Tue 08, 2008 9:42 pm

We've seen both Crush and Monsters Inc. and I have to say we love both of them. I would definitely repeat both attractions. Probably not two times in a row, but more than once within the same vacation. I think both attractions are fun! They put alot into Monsters Inc. The whole queue is great! I give it two thumbs up! :D

DIAC1987
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by DIAC1987 » Apr Tue 08, 2008 9:49 pm

These two attractions (Crush and Monsters) aren't that big of a deal, but the kids absolutely love them. The characters, the childish humor, the interacting, its a major hit for the kids--which is more than enough for the parents :P

However, Laugh Floor Comedy Club doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. I think it suits better in Fantasyland in my opinion..don't exactly see it fitting anywhere else...

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Apr Tue 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Besides that its location in Tomorrowland bothers me, I think the show is pretty cool. I guess it could be viewed as being similar to the Jungle Cruise in that it depends on the jokes and pictures used.

As far as the technology, I think Turtle Talk pulls it off much better.

I saw it twice during one visit and that was enough. I'll go to the comedy wharehouse, thank you. I vowed to help keep the attendance down so maybe someday the circle-vision theater will return (perhaps with benches? :P )

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Apr Wed 09, 2008 5:51 am

For me, once was enough. I don't really see how this attraction fits in with the theme of tomorrowland. Why did this not end up over at the studios?

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Wed 09, 2008 5:56 am

This attraction is just okay for me, not a must see on every trip. It's out of place in Tomorrowland and a little boring.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » Apr Wed 09, 2008 8:45 am

I agree with the above post about the location of Monsters. My wife and I saw both last Dec. and to me Monsters was o.k. but Crush was great. I just don't know if Monsters is going to have much staying power.....at best I see this as a one and done on future trips. But I could be wrong and be out in left field on this one.

Skipper Dave
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Skipper Dave » Apr Sat 12, 2008 5:26 pm

I'd disagree. See it more than once you'll notice the crews try to do soemthing different. Its one ride they always seem to be "plussing".
May be in the wrong place...but I think its a winner.